Healer fix for PvP.

Drack

We all know healers (even with the 30% reduction to heal) are pretty insane in this game,they usually are in other games as well. But there is 1 thing I noticed that really makes healers shine in this game.

Normally interrupts in other MMOs means that you can use anything from the school for a while. In this game it only prohibits you from using THAT spell you were casting. I see it on healers all the time. You use your interrupt and all it does is that the healer quickly presses hes other heal. Unless you have sick burst (and thats not a sure thing) you will not get them down. Take a BH healer for example, good armor, and good heals. Its impossible for a regular guy to take him down, most of the time if hes well geared he can keep himself alive vs 2 people. Vs 1 guy he can kill him and keep himself a live relatively easy. Having the interrupt actually interrupt the whole healing line would make it more interesting and you wouldnt have those fights where 3 people try to take down a healer, and get him after 30 seconds if noone comes to help him,

Im a healer myself, so no need to go nuts and say I dont know *** im talking about.

Good idea. I'm all for having lots of healers in the game, so I don't want healing to become a liability. But this is a good idea in leveling the playing field somewhat. I also like the idea someone else suggested of having stances for sorcs and counselors so if they are in a dps stance they can't take full advantage of their heals and vice versus.

Good idea. I'm all for having lots of healers in the game, so I don't want healing to become a liability. But this is a good idea in leveling the playing field somewhat. I also like the idea someone else suggested of having stances for sorcs and counselors so if they are in a dps stance they can't take full advantage of their heals and vice versus.

Then there should be a + to whatever stance you were in tho. Healing should give extra healing, and dps should give extra dps. Other wise you gimp they're secondary skillset, and that should be done to everything then. A DPS assassins shouldnt be able to guard, and so on.

While I do agree healers can become OP b/c they can never be OOM, really they're not that hard to kill. I can't speak for all specs, but Annihalation Marauders, Rage spec Warriors, and Pyrotech Powertechs can all completely destroy healers. Annihilation can chain interrupt 7-9 straight GCDs(depending on which heal the healer leads with), Rage can do so much group damage that the healer can't keep up, and Powertechs r just ridiculously OP and can burst down a healer in 2 stuns with a little luck. I'm sure certain specs will just have a difficult time taking a healer down, but I don't really see a problem.