Defensive Scrapper play

Valliantsmugglez

Love the slow motion!

However, I think this is a odd way to play a scapper. Charged blast is a poor skill (energy vs damage), so is vital shot for scrapper. The rotation I think should be mostly between back blast, blaster whip, sucker punch, flurry with shoot first when you can. This maximizes your best (energy vs damage) moves.

If you like this type of game play you should try a dirty fighting/sawbones hybrid.

Also, for defensive play, you weren't healing a whole lot. This is something I notice in a lot of scrapper videos. Healing is (in my opinion) of our greatest assets.

by the way, what is defensive about ti? I am guessing it's because you are not jumping into the middle of things?

keep making videos, they are fun to watch.

Cheers

Love the slow motion!

However, I think this is a odd way to play a scapper. Charged blast is a poor skill (energy vs damage), so is vital shot for scrapper. The rotation I think should be mostly between back blast, blaster whip, sucker punch, flurry with shoot first when you can. This maximizes your best (energy vs damage) moves.

If you like this type of game play you should try a dirty fighting/sawbones hybrid.

Also, for defensive play, you weren't healing a whole lot. This is something I notice in a lot of scrapper videos. Healing is (in my opinion) of our greatest assets.

by the way, what is defensive about ti? I am guessing it's because you are not jumping into the middle of things?

keep making videos, they are fun to watch.

Cheers

I wouldn't necessarily say it's an odd way to play the class. I saw the point of the video as showing how using the full range of skills available - charged blast as an example for ranged damage when trying to avoid being lept to - can be just as useful as getting into the thick of it. I thought a good example of that was shown when he was taking damage from the warrior. I didn't see the style of play as being defensive, especially being that at one point he was at their spawn in a voidstar; it simply highlights being situationally aware and using terrain, in addition to skills, to their full advantage. As for healing, I think a lot of scrappers avoid healing in general as they don't want to end up being marked as a healer. ;)

Interesting video. I'm not sure I would label it as defensive style play, but there are definitely some interesting tactics being used that showcase the full range of class abilities. I have a Concealment Operative myself, and can't remember the last time I used Cover in a fight.

My biggest concern here is that there's no thought being placed on objectives in the match. You're chasing people around boxes and pillars with little thought to the enemy planting on a door. This class is highly offense oriented. You stack the deck in your favor by being able to select who you battle via stealth. You strike, kill, then restealth and move on to the next target.

To me at least, you've done what we all discourage everyone in warzones from doing: being that guy who 1vs1 off in the corner all the time. Orbital Strike (Flyby or whatever it's called for Republic) is one of the best tools you have in your arsenal for keeping the enemy off objectives. Yet, you are nowhere near the doors or have any idea what else is going on in the match. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by TheronFett

No Flybys? That is one of the best defensive tools in the game - even better because you can cast then go back into stealth before it hits, extending your denial of a node by 9-12 seconds. Even if you have to vanish, it's almost always worth it to give your team time to get to the node to support you.

Just to clear something up here, guys,

I meant defensive in combat. I was at their spawn because, in all honesty, I was looking for fights to show you.

I am not talking about defensively playing nodes, that's completely different. I'm talking about the use of cover and ranged attacks with a scrapper in order to combat classes like tank assassins and sith warriors, something I as a scrapper have trouble with.

I hope this helps you better understand the video, I know I should have made it more clear that I am talking purely about combat, nothing about objectives and nodes.