Pre 50 expertise

Cybridwarform

Im wondering how much expertise could you technically stack pre 50 and how to go about attaining it.

Ive heard it all from buying about 13-14 40ish expertise weapons to strip the expertise mods, to some other crazy methods.

Which methods do you know of and how high could you stack pre 50?

Do not waste your comms getting expertise pre 50. You get a free set of recruit gear, save your commendations for warzone medpacks and trading up for ranked commendations when you hit valor 40. Be sure to have both your comms maxed out everything else should be spent on medpacks.

Do not waste your comms getting expertise pre 50. You get a free set of recruit gear, save your commendations for warzone medpacks and trading up for ranked commendations when you hit valor 40. Be sure to have both your comms maxed out everything else should be spent on medpacks.

Probably wanting to twink.

I have seen some do that on sub-50s and am amazed that they aren't any good.

I've never worried about pre-50 expertise. I'm not sure what the theoretical max expertise you can achieve prior to 50 but I can't imagine its enough to make a huge difference.

I've always saved up my comms for my level 40 PvP set first (you can buy it with comms at any level and store it) then from 40-50 build up my comms and Ranked comms to get some battlemaster gear when I hit 50. Just make sure you get to valor 40 so you can convert regular comms to ranked when you max out. When you hit 50 sell the recruit token for credits, buy as much battlemaster as you can then buy individual recruit pieces to fill in the gaps in armor.

Some people say to convert your ranked comms back to regular comms when you hit 50 which should give you 5500 total regular comms. Others say to upgrade whatever battlemaster pieces you buy immediately to WH level after stripping the mods (which could then be put in orange shells if not location specific).

me and a few friends are planning on making 49 alts just to dick around when bored. We are mostly doing it to see if maybe we can find something out of the norm you know what they say its not the end that matters its the journey or some fancy wisdom ****. Point is we are doing it to pass the time because we have nothing better to do atm.

me and a few friends are planning on making 49 alts just to dick around when bored. We are mostly doing it to see if maybe we can find something out of the norm you know what they say its not the end that matters its the journey or some fancy wisdom ****. Point is we are doing it to pass the time because we have nothing better to do atm.

So you do want to twink...

Probably wanting to twink.

I have seen some do that on sub-50s and am amazed that they aren't any good.

You were so right.

I think basically people are not happy with your "plans" because you plans involve staying at Level 49, "twinking your character" and then ruling the WZ (however past experience has shown that no matter how much you twink it doesn't make up for any lack of skill or "knowing" your class).

You intention is obvious, when in fact you should be moving to lvl50 and playing PvP with the "big boys" unless of course your just a little scared by that.

I think basically people are not happy with your "plans" because you plans involve staying at Level 49, "twinking your character" and then ruling the WZ (however past experience has shown that no matter how much you twink it doesn't make up for any lack of skill or "knowing" your class).

You intention is obvious, when in fact you should be moving to lvl50 and playing PvP with the "big boys" unless of course your just a little scared by that.

Well they don't know my skill, and its not something you can display in a forum, thats just an assumption they make. I could say the same about anyone posting on this forum.

My intention is to have fun with friends and more so a challenge the 3 of us have taken up.

Why should i be moving to 50 if i don't wish too? I don't see anywhere that it tells me i should if that was the case BW would've added a system to prevent me from staying pre-50.

Again what your stating is based on assumption, and a view provided by the masses that i should play like they want me too.

Well they don't know my skill, and its not something you can display in a forum, thats just an assumption they make. I could say the same about anyone posting on this forum.

My intention is to have fun with friends and more so a challenge the 3 of us have taken up.

Why should i be moving to 50 if i don't wish too? I don't see anywhere that it tells me i should if that was the case BW would've added a system to prevent me from staying pre-50.

Again what your stating is based on assumption, and a view provided by the masses that i should play like they want me too.

If you are decent that makes it worse. I'm sure everyone in those sub-50s will just be huge fans.

I have more respect for a group of 50s in full WH ganking lowbies on PvP servers that are questing as they at least leave themselves open for other 50s to come after them. In fact; that could be a legitimate case for doing it.

To answer the OPs question, I think you can get +25 expertise in enhancements but it will be costly in comms (900 per) and credits (ripping out the enhancements) ... the trade off is usually surge as there are power enhancements w/ the expertise.

So 6 or 7 (w/ offhand weapon) slots would equal 150 to 175 expertise ... not sure if its worth it vs. the surge stat that you lose ... i myself have 79, but have stopped buying them in order to stockpile comms for when i ding 50.

Been leveling a Trooper and had him ding 2 levels mid wz. Cant be sure but I think BioWare put a stealth fix in for the Twink problem. Both those levels dinged when I recieved a medal. Fingers xed that we wont see anymore 1800 mainstat twinks in lowbie wzs in the near future.

Idk why everyone is taking offense to this idea, I recently did something similar where I used legacy gear to transfer over a full set of warhero, dinged 50 by turning in pending quests, and went to work on lvl 10's on my OP pyro powertech. It only lasted 10 minutes but I had an amazing time in that game ;)

As far as twinks go, If you want to stay at lvl 49 just simply play the game out and leave in the last few seconds :) If you are with a group of friends make sure it is under 30 seconds so your team doesn't forfeit! This may be a pleasant surprise for people trying to get their daily done, if they happen to join a winning team at the end :)

Edited by cupofwater

If you are decent that makes it worse. I'm sure everyone in those sub-50s will just be huge fans.

I have more respect for a group of 50s in full WH ganking lowbies on PvP servers that are questing as they at least leave themselves open for other 50s to come after them. In fact; that could be a legitimate case for doing it.

Oh no, the e-community looks down on my twinking ethics, call the e-police to stop me from doing it. Im terrified of internet bullies who really are just harmless crying basement wizards.

And to the person who asked:

They frown on it because they see it as a threat to their level 10 alt who wants a free ride in WZ's. As usual with most MMO's the players can't stand seeing someone with a tactical edge over others. This arguement is as old as the cry babies who complain about recruit gear being garbage compared to the more established players in the higher pvp tiers. -Just work at it, get gear, and profit. I don't see why players look down on someones hard work in this game. If anything twinking is about the same if not harder in gear up effort than 50's considering the amount of farming / minmaxing needed to be done. Ive noticed the majority of this "PVP forum" does nothing but cry, you can see it in the rage posts and the daily nerf threads. Its sad.

i think the highest expertise enhancement is 25 expertise? And you can only put it on head, body, gloves, legs, boots, and weapon so that's 150. Waste of time really, you'll have less endurance since the Enhancement is i think at level 46 and that's 900 wz comms now.

So more or less pointless. And there's only one reason to get warzone weapons. If the design of the weapon is preferable to others.

Like the Jedi Battlelord one looks nice with the Glowing blue crystal at the bottom of the hilt. Or the level 34 assault cannon that sounds like an actual cannon when doing hammer shots or full auto.

i think the highest expertise enhancement is 25 expertise? And you can only put it on head, body, gloves, legs, boots, and weapon so that's 150. Waste of time really, you'll have less endurance since the Enhancement is i think at level 46 and that's 900 wz comms now.

So more or less pointless. And there's only one reason to get warzone weapons. If the design of the weapon is preferable to others.

Like the Jedi Battlelord one looks nice with the Glowing blue crystal at the bottom of the hilt. Or the level 34 assault cannon that sounds like an actual cannon when doing hammer shots or full auto.

Yeah that cannon sounds wicked awesome i will admit that! :D

So far the highest i can get my alt too is 328 expertise thats trading 500HP for the total of 328 exp which is not too bad since i will have a pocket healer to add more insult to injury. I just want to know if someone knows of a way to get it higher than that?

The sad part is that you are pretty prolific on this site. Really you and your friends decided your challenge would be to ruin the game for some lowbies? You going to go beat up old women to, for the challenge of course.

We can't stop you as really we have no power that does not mean that in the future if we are given the chance to screw you over we won't take it. After all look at all your threads at sometime we will be able to grief the hell out of them. Of course it will be for the challenge :rolleyes:

It's an mod/enhancement, so it can be placed in everything but ears/implants.

Thus, 8-9 slots. So 200-225 Expertise by level 46.

lols, "we have nothing better to do as we get our *** handed to us in lvl 50 pvp so want to bully people in the lower tier"

FYI its nothing outside the norm, every sad ******* in the game does it.

All I can think about when I see people doing this are kids crying about the gear gap in 50 PvP and then they go and create one in the lowbie brackets.

Apparently a gear gap is only a bad thing when your on the low side.

Well at least they plan on "fixing" the gear gap with the new recruit and a bolster system at level 50.

Well at least they plan on "fixing" the gear gap with the new recruit and a bolster system at level 50.

Well, to be fair; there is no REAL problem with people twinking in sub-50. It the player is good enough for it to make much a difference, they will get bored and move on to face a challenge. That would explain why when I see some 49s seeingly in WZs through leveling 3 different toons, they seem to be insignificantly different than a regular high level just passing through..

The sad part is that you are pretty prolific on this site. Really you and your friends decided your challenge would be to ruin the game for some lowbies? You going to go beat up old women to, for the challenge of course.

We can't stop you as really we have no power that does not mean that in the future if we are given the chance to screw you over we won't take it. After all look at all your threads at sometime we will be able to grief the hell out of them. Of course it will be for the challenge :rolleyes:

To be fair, those level 10 old ladies walked into the biker bar with weapons looking for trouble already knowing they didn't have the same skills.