Weapon skills

SirDon_

I can't quite understand the weapon skills. I have a lvl 30+ Consular. I wanted to buy him a double light saber or the long saber but it said I did not have the skill for it. Just how do you get the skill?

I have had a single light saber before and currently have the vibrosword.

Edited by SirDon_

double bladed sabers are usable only by assassins. I assume you're a sage, hence you don't have the weapon proficiency for that. If you're still a consular, you havent selected your advanced class. Please look at your quest log and go do it.

Each class has a specific weapon skill. Each Advanced Class also has a specific weapon, and off-hand, skill. For example, Smuggler Gunslingers use two blaster pistols; Smuggler Scoundrels use a blaster pistol, and a shotgun.

The weapon skill, and off-hand, are solely based on the class, and Advanced Class.

Here is a post listing the weapon (and armor) proficiency of classes, and Advanced Classes:

List Of All Classes Passive Abilities (Armor/Weapon Proficiency)

double bladed sabers are usable only by assassins. I assume you're a sage, hence you don't have the weapon proficiency for that. If you're still a consular, you havent selected your advanced class. Please look at your quest log and go do it.
Consular advanced classes are Sage and Shadow, no assassin class. The Shadow is the one that uses a double saber.

The Shadow looks like it will be my next character. I do love that invisible act ! and now the saber.

But it may be awhile since my Sage is just lvl 33.

I'd reccomend doing the Assassin instead. It's the shadow mirror class on the sith side. If you redo the Consular you'll be redoing the same story. Do the sith equivalent and it's the same abilities and the double saber, but a while new story (fun one too, I recommend playing a female).

Embrace your dark side.