What has been your favorite class and why?

Zekim

Curious to hear what others like about their class. I started a bounty hunter and enjoyed it to lvl 50 and started a sniper right after and I'm really enjoying it. Much more than the bounty hunter (Merc by the way)

Shadow, basically since they annonced this AC. Played a shadow during the beta weekends and started playing my shadow on the live servers December 14th... still enjoying that class... but I am afraid that my shadow tank will get a nerf in the future.

Playing mostly PvP and being a shadow tank is just fun there.

Edited by Drudenfusz

I'm loving the play style of sniper as well as his story line. I've been slowly working up through each planet and literally just killing anything enroute to missions. I'm on tatooine right now and just passed lvl 29 and I still have planet missions to finish.

I have played three of the storylines now, and find all of them enjoyable (ie; Sorcerer, BH Merc, Trooper Gunner). Of these three, the Sorcerer storyline seemed more worthy of a movie; perhaps more Epic in scope. But all have had positive and negative aspects (eg; humor as +; planetary backtracking as -), so it is close.

Making the final call, I would say:

1 - Sorcerer

2 - Trooper

3 - BH Merc (main reason was a couple of important choices were made by the game; not the Player).

Shadow/Assassin

No other class can match it for its combination of Stealthing, Tanking and CCing. You can walk through and complete Heroic missions in 2mins that other classes need to take half an hour to do. I also think it is the best tank in the game.

Shadow/Assassin

No other class can match it for its combination of Stealthing, Tanking and CCing. You can walk through and complete Heroic missions in 2mins that other classes need to take half an hour to do. I also think it is the best tank in the game.

another "Guy with GlowSword " fan.

Im with ya bud

Curious to hear what others like about their class. I started a bounty hunter and enjoyed it to lvl 50 and started a sniper right after and I'm really enjoying it. Much more than the bounty hunter (Merc by the way)

Bounty Hunter. Best storyline, imho. IA is definitely next in line, though.

Blavatsky, even though you are trolling. You are making me chuckle :)

if you chuckle , my efforts are worthwhile,

But honestly , class distinction is lacking. have to admit

edit : if you look at the classes from the most plain observational point of view , the definition seems fair.

You are glowsword or gun.

Edited by Blavatsky

Disagree. One guy with sword stays at range and casts spells, while another goes stabbity-stab. Etc.

edit : if you look at the classes from the most plain observational point of view , the definition seems fair.

You are glowsword or gun.

As opposed to guy with a sword, and guy with a bow?

I'm loving the play style of sniper as well as his story line. I've been slowly working up through each planet and literally just killing anything enroute to missions. I'm on tatooine right now and just passed lvl 29 and I still have planet missions to finish.

Loved my sniper's storyline, and the high-level combat mechanics are complex enough to keep my interest.

I love my gunslinger because of the long range high burst and the uniqueness of the cover mechanic. The class is not too hard to play and not to easy either although the storyline sucked compared to my mauraders. my 2nd favorite class is my scoundrel only because of the stealth and huge upfront burst. I like big numbers :)

Hands-down: the Imperial Agent, not especially for the class as such (although orbital bombardment is pretty awesome against the NPC mobs) but because the storyline is vastly superior to anything else in the game and on par with BW's best work.

As for the merits of the classes themselves, there's really only melee or ranged. Other than that, the various spells and abilities are basically much the same, whether they happened to be called Force powers or gadgets or mortar or whatever, everything is pretty well mirrored.

Edited by jgelling