Melee DPS companions should use DOT form?

JnEricsonx

Ok, say on Ashara, she's got a mode where her attacks have a chance to do X damage over 6 seconds vs her attacks having 15% armor penetration. The damage over time doesn't seem like a lot, but people tell me that for melee companions always keep them in his mode. Is this correct, or is the armor penetration mode better?

Ah. I understand perfectly now. I can't really answer this question because I'm a heal specced sorc, and DoT are bad for me in case I get an add or something goes wrong because I use CC to regain control in those cases. I'd be interested in the answer to this myself if someone else who has tested this can contribute.

From what I've noticed, my companions seem to do a lot more damage with the DoT stance. I"m not sure if it's a bug nor not, but I've seen my companions place multiple stacks of the DoT effect (normally I would of that it wasn't stackable). TBH though, the only way I'm keeping track of it is how often my companion pulls aggro off me, and that seems to occur more often in teh DoT stance rather than Armour Pen stance.