Orange quality gear

Brawlin

ok so heres the deal, i removed all the mods from a lvl ten orange lightsaber and all the mods from a lvl 30 lightsaber and they have the exact same base stats.

so my question is at lvl 10 if i get all orange gear...i basically already have my endgame set? as long as i keep upgrading the mods from every planets vendor i can essentailly keep the same gear forever? without ever having to grind an instance or get a quest drop or run an operation or pvp? why would they do that? what is the point of doing a flashpoint more then once? for looks? this is just stupid... pls tell me this isnt the case

Mods require a certain level as well as the armor. I got a level 21 armor at 17, mods required 21 to wear it.

You can wear level 10 orange gear. But if you want the stats of a 21 for instance, you must get that level 21 gear peice, extract the mods and put it in the level 10 armor. So you still need to get armor in flashpoints.

Edited by Loroen

This is the case. Prior to launch, EVERY blue piece of gear also had the same functionality. The trick will be in finding/maintaining all those mods for all of those items, which you usually won't be able to do and compete with various purples and drops during your levelling. You're not tied to your first set, you will find more oranges during your career, quite a few actually, and they do vary your look quite a bit.

I have/had mixed feeling regarding this as well. It seemed odd that a chest I pick up as a quest reward at level 15/16 would still be my chest armor at level 50 - so long as I updated the mods regularly.

Then I thought about it further.

Instead of an incessant quest for new gear...it's an incessant quest for mods. No different.

I have/had mixed feeling regarding this as well. It seemed odd that a chest I pick up as a quest reward at level 15/16 would still be my chest armor at level 50 - so long as I updated the mods regularly.

Then I thought about it further.

Instead of an incessant quest for new gear...it's an incessant quest for mods. No different.

The difference is now there is a greater chance that we are not all going to look the same. I agree that is a minor thing but I like this system for that alone.

You should have seen the closed beta mod system. It had it's issues but it felt Star Warsey (yes that is a word)

The difference is now there is a greater chance that we are not all going to look the same. I agree that is a minor thing but I like this system for that alone.

You should have seen the closed beta mod system. It had it's issues but it felt Star Warsey (yes that is a word)

No doubt. I'm totally 100% fine with this system. TBH - it give me more options in terms of look at the end game and while leveling. No more being forced into odd-looking, clown costume, mismatched gear. If I like the orange chest I got at level 15, i can keep it. If I don't...I replace it.

More options is a good thing.