Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

A worrying precedent.

It's not a quirky bug that people shrug off but a very noticeable looking error that mars the appearance of what was supposed to be a visually cool item.

It's sloppy and unprofessional to acknowledge this obvious error but fail to rectify it due to 'some liking the current version'

That argument can be used to NOT fix any bug ingame:

Codex borked? "Some like the challenge of finding out which are broken and which aren't so we're not fixing any of them, yay."

Ship grade 7 blasters no longer do the right damage? "Well, we've found that a few players have enjoyed this artificial challenge increase and so why disappoint those buggers with a fix?"

Naked bolster gives better results than fully geared in Warzones? "Well, I've met a few ingame who love the current diversity in appearances now in Warzones. With varying degrees of darkside corruption few naked players are the same colour and that adds more variety to the WZ landscape...for some people that is. No fix incoming."

My 2 Cartel coins.

This is exactly what I thought when reading Eric's post, what about other clipping bugs like capes and long coats on certain speeders? Will they just not bother to fix them because people may like the look of the fabric going straight through their vehicle?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost tempted to unsub and play KOTOR again...

The double hood thing is is stupid, the color mismatch is lame as well. However IMO the MASSIVE shoulders that was ripped off of the generic inquisitor gear is the biggest issue along with the missing CAPE. I mean really? Instead of Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith who nearly destroyed the republic, I get Genie Revan, he who grants no wishes.

huh, grants no wishes, sounds familiar amirite Bioware?

Edited by XenonDarkstar

I don't care for the double hood either, but to be honest, I don't use my Revan's chest much anymore. When you "Unify colors" when using it, it turns some items an ugly burnt orange color. (I'm guessing it's supposed to be brown?)

If both issues were corrected I would probably use it more.

Eeem... What are you talking about. It's unify to chest. How could unifying other pieces to chest would make the chest...orange? I want what you're smoking.

Anyway Revan always wore a black robe with a bronze chestplate. He never wore anything brown. Except maybe when he was still a padawan of the jedi order.

Edited by Aelther

Eeem... What are you talking about. It's unify to chest. How could unifying other pieces to chest would make the chest...orange? I want what you're smoking.

Seems like you already had some of what he was smoking. Go back and read what he wrote, then read what you responded.

Seems like you already had some of what he was smoking. Go back and read what he wrote, then read what you responded.

It does not turn any items orange. If turns them black. And nothing is "supposed" to be brown.

Edited by Aelther

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

No classic armor?

So much for "err on the side of caution" Fools. You obviously have no idea how to keep players happy, EA has taught you well.

No classic armor?

So much for "err on the side of caution" Fools. You obviously have no idea how to keep players happy, EA has taught you well.

they say they wont change it => u nag

they say they will change it => u nag more

get over it allrdy

No classic armor?

I'd agree that releasing a Classic would probably have been best, especially if they're making a significant change to the look beyond the hood fix, but you're being ridiculous calling them "fools" for making what is still a reasonable decision overall.

The current model is just a recolor of the existing Inquisitor robes, slap an Armor Dye on them and bingo, you'll have your "Classic" armor back, or at least pretty darn close to it.

Props to the Dev team for listening to player feedback!

I am glad you decided to fix the appearance of your most iconic Character and thus restored a significant amount of my respect towards BioWare.

No classic armor?

Because there's only 1 Revan's version. There can't be 2 different versions, because then 1 of them would NOT be Revan's. I'm fine with the keeping the current set, but then it would have to have the word "Revan's" removed from the title. And even then, in 2.1 you will get dyes, just get investigator's set and recolor it. it will look exactly the same.

And in the end making sure that main characters of the series look how they should is more important than some people who do not care about lore... and like I said they won't be losing much, since investigator's (and a bunch of other sets on imp side) look exactly the same with slightly different colors.

Edited by Aelther

Thanks Eric, I'm glad you could be reasoned with, that it was possible to come to the realization that the double hood isn't something awesome that people would tend to appreciate. As mentioned earlier though, do note that there are other chest pieces with the double hood that needs attention as well.

The current model is just a recolor of the existing Inquisitor robes, slap an Armor Dye on them and bingo, you'll have your "Classic" armor back, or at least pretty darn close to it.

Not attempting to argue here just for the sake of it, but the "Revan's" version of this inquisitor robe is a bit unique actually; it is as far as I know the only version of this armour model that doesn't turn into a skimpy tank top for female characters.

Edited by Pscyon

Good grief, this is why they didn't want to change it. Don't change their minds. Again.

Change it for all I care. But keep the classic version!

Rename it or something if they have to, granted I don't want two revans robes, one would change name, maybe even Faked Revan's Robes, that would do. But no.

Change it for all I care. But keep the classic version!

Rename it or something if they have to, granted I don't want two revans robes, one would change name, maybe even Faked Revan's Robes, that would do. But no.

You got one: Investigator's set. Exactly the same, different colors, in 2.1 you will get dyes, so you can "revanise" it youself.

But actual Revan's set must look properly, not as a bugged recoloured inquisitor set with 2 hoods.

Edited by Aelther

You got one: Investigator's set. Exactly the same, different colors, in 2.1 you will get dyes, so you can "revanise" it youself.

But actual Revan's set must look properly, not as a bugged recoloured inquisitor set with 2 hoods.

So much this. The Revan set as it exists now is just a reskin of existing armor. It should look like the KOTOR version like the rest of the lore armor.

Also: Thank you Eric and BioWare for once listening to the community and reversing a perhaps poorly thought-out decision. Keep it up!

Can't agree more on this statement. I am glad BW noticed that their initial decision was the worst they could make for such an iconic character like Revan. Thanks, really lost hope yesterday when I read that decision but you proofed that you actually do listen to the community. Now I can't wait to see 2.2 coming. :)

Anyway Revan always wore a black robe with a bronze chestplate. He never wore anything brown. Except maybe when he was still a padawan of the jedi order.

I should have been more clear. My excuse is that I had not yet had enough coffee. When I unify other pieces to chest, it's the other pieces that turn the ugly orange color, not the Revan's chest piece.

I should have been more clear. My excuse is that I had not yet had enough coffee. When I unify other pieces to chest, it's the other pieces that turn the ugly orange color, not the Revan's chest piece.

Well that makes sense, the primary color of the set is black and secondary is red, so maybe on some items with certain materials the red may look orange... or if that item has a lot more of secondary color than primary...

Anyway, they're fixing the whole set now so it's possible the unified pieces will look very different as well.

Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Thank you so much. :)

One last question. "we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor" Does this mean the KOTOR Revan armor, or the new set of armor similar to the spymaster situation?

"and more than just the double hood!" - I will purchase 6 more months of subs if I can look like the KOTOR Revan.

That aside, you guys really pulled through here, and whether or not you release the KOTOR Revan armor, I can finally say you guys made the right decision. :rak_03:

Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Most excellent, thank you!