Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
08.15.2017 , 07:43 AM | #2311
Merge or not, it's a year overdue and the damage has already been done.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DarthSpuds
08.15.2017 , 07:55 AM | #2312
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Merge or not, it's a year overdue and the damage has already been done.
And Bioware stopped reading 230 pages back.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

TUXs
08.15.2017 , 08:05 AM | #2313
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
And Bioware stopped reading 230 pages back.

All The Best
Stopped reading sure, but Keith posted back on page 182.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

casirabit
08.15.2017 , 08:28 AM | #2314
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Sadly the people opposing the idea of megaservers or server merges have chosen to perceive my posts as such, but what can you do.

But I want to talk about something else. I have taken the time today to go around four servers, the Ebon Hawk, The Harbinger, the Red Eclipse and Progenitor to ask in the genchat about how people would feel about being either merged into a server or having people be merged into their server. I have some screenshots in which I naturally will blur out the names if you're interested in seeing the responses themselves, but the talks I had with people did lead me to the following conclusion:

On the American side RP'ers should indeed have their own server in the form of the Ebon Hawk. I didn't have to ask anything but simply look at the general chat on the fleet to see what's what on the Harbinger. When I asked however it became swiftly evident to me that indeed roleplayers wouldn't be welcome there. My concerns for the RP community or questions were neither... So I concur, megaservers on the American side would be a bad thing for the RP Community.
However, regarding the Progenitor, the European RP server, and the Red Eclipse I have reached an entirely different conclusion. In stark contrast to the Harbinger, the players on the Red Eclipse were very positive about rp'ers and even very welcoming. They said they shouldn't have to worry about trolls as the people on the Red Eclipse stand up for one another especially when it comes to such childish behaviour. They said the RP'ers from the Progenitor wouldn't have to worry much about trolls on the Red Eclipse and some individual players even whispered me they'd love to try out RP if the Progenitor was merged with the Red Eclipse.

So, based on my little research as well as my conclusions I offer the following suggestions to the RP community and those in favour of server merges:

Suggestion 1:
- USA, 1 Westcoast PvE/PvP Server, 1 Eastcoast PvE/PvP Server, 1 Roleplay Server for both East/Westcoasts
- Europe, 1 megaserver in which all the current 9 ones are merged, with a new name

Suggestion 2:
- USA, 1 PvE/PvP "Megaserver" for both East and Westcoasts with a new name, 1 Roleplay Server for both East and Westcoast
- Europe, 1 English PvE/PvP/RP Server, 1 German PvE/PvP/RP Server, 1 French PvE/Pvp/RP Server

Naturally combinations of these two suggestions are possible but I am mainly suggesting this as the path to follow with server merges. How would this sounds to those opposing server merges as well as the RP community? Would this be a satisfactory solution?
Now see this is what I was talking about. Let Ebon Hawk be the roleplay server and merge the RP into it as Harbinger is not a good fit for roleplayers. See I am not anti merger, just feel roleplayers on Harbinger is like going to a dentist to get your wisdom teeth pulled out.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Ylliarus
08.15.2017 , 08:39 AM | #2315
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Now see this is what I was talking about. Let Ebon Hawk be the roleplay server and merge the RP into it as Harbinger is not a good fit for roleplayers. See I am not anti merger, just feel roleplayers on Harbinger is like going to a dentist to get your wisdom teeth pulled out.
Then I am happy at least the two of us could reach consensus, maybe others will follow

However I did just read a comment from Kid Lee another Bioware Influencer who based on what he knows and presumes doesn't bode well for the RP community and server merges...
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

masterceil
08.15.2017 , 08:47 AM | #2316
Then I am happy at least the two of us could reach consensus, maybe others will follow
Multiple players have said the same thing... I suggested merging Ebon Hawk and Jung Ma, then the rest of the East Coast servers can be together, and all the West Coast can be together. This was way back on page 185.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

casirabit
08.15.2017 , 08:48 AM | #2317

However I did just read a comment from Kid Lee another Bioware Influencer who based on what he knows and presumes doesn't bode well for the RP community and server merges...
See that is why I am not a fan of the influencers, most of them (if not all) are not roleplayers and they normally don't care about roleplayers. By the way I will read your rp later. Just wasn't up to it yesterday due to getting bad news about a friend.

There are others that have suggested this as well at the beginning.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Foambreaker
08.15.2017 , 09:13 AM | #2318
Also, I've grown tired of discussing this subject because both the naysayers as well as I and those in favour stubbornly stand with their own arguments. So I'll just sit back, relax and wait for the server merges to happen as it's evident from the posts the Dev team posted in this thread and others that's the route they will follow. The Bioware Influencers are hinting at it time and time again (here is a new video from Sam from SWTOR Central stating it as my source: https://youtu.be/z5xGb41nr60?t=4m18s) so I'll just wait for the day I'll see old friends from the Progenitor back on a merged server that's either called Red Eclipse or otherwise all the best to you all, despite our differences I truly wish every single one of you all the best you can have!
Whomever posts last wins the discussion...

/rollseyes

kodrac
08.15.2017 , 09:39 AM | #2319
Look at ESO, there are megaservers there and the RP community is thriving there. I rarely hear from my friends who went there that there are issues with trollers or toxic people. If it works there I don't see why it couldn't work in SWTOR. You immediately assume it will be the apocalypse when server merges occur, but you wouldn't even give it a chance to see if it could be made to work.
One big difference with ESO is the ignore function is account wide. Their chat filters and customization is better too.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

kodrac
08.15.2017 , 09:41 AM | #2320
Because it is futile to talk about compromises because you (the RP community) won't accept anything that doesn't involve a seperate RP server.
Then agree to disagree and move on. Otherwise you're just continuing this pointless circle jerk.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ