Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediTahiri's Avatar


JediTahiri
07.31.2017 , 10:28 PM | #1711
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Johnny rages on the forums but is a model of respect and decorum in the game?

Yeah, right...
Yeah I am. simple as that. Prove that I am not? right you cannot
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
07.31.2017 , 10:36 PM | #1712
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
Yeah I am. simple as that. Prove that I am not? right you cannot
Show me where I said anything about you.

Right, you cannot.

JediTahiri's Avatar


JediTahiri
07.31.2017 , 10:38 PM | #1713
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
lol it doesn't matter if you accept my claim. doesn't change it's a fact that I haven't

Johnny rages on the forums but is a model of respect and decorum in the game?

Yeah, right...

^ right there. lol you quoted my post. are you trolling? you must be.
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
07.31.2017 , 10:46 PM | #1714
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
lol it doesn't matter if you accept my claim. doesn't change it's a fact that I haven't

Johnny rages on the forums but is a model of respect and decorum in the game?

Yeah, right...

^ right there. lol you quoted my post. are you trolling? you must be.
Where in my response to your post did I mention your name or specify you in any way?

JediTahiri's Avatar


JediTahiri
07.31.2017 , 10:57 PM | #1715
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Where in my response to your post did I mention your name or specify you in any way?
You are certainly just another troll. Or you like making a fool of yourself. You clearly tried to accuse me of being a rager in game. I said I wasn't and you have no proof otherwise. Now you are trying to deny it lol. I'm not even gonna waste my time with you ever again.
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
08.01.2017 , 12:41 AM | #1716
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Besides being completely off topic with this rant of yours.....

Given that you appear to be raging at this very moment... not sure I accept your claim.

If I read you correctly, you are on the most populous server in your region. So apparently you want the other servers... you know.. the dead ones with nobody playing on them.. to be merged to your server to help your queue times as a tank. Problem is... X+0 = X so nothing actually changes for you.
Actually if servers are as dead as players say that is fairly accurate maths to describe it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
In case you actually have read this or large parts of this thread you obviously did understand absolutely nothing from it. And here you are going forward with your uneducated "opinion".
In addition, and that is really sad intellectual-wise, you don't even understand that it is Bioware's business to fix such major issues within a game and it's not the customers business. Not to pay for it either. But it's worse, Customers don't even have the option to fix it themselves, even when they pay money for it, because there are no implemented processes to move whole guilds/characters including everything they have achieved in hundreds of hours of playtime with countless man hours involved with them, and that after 5 years of the game being live. This is ridiculous and pathetic. The fact Bioware can't and that you are unable to understand it.
There are simply no options for us customers to fix it, at the moment, even if we try to. Only some VERY ignorant and selfish people in this thread don't understand that, even worse over and over they don't. But it's Bioware's buiness anyway. Nevertheless I'd fix it myself, even by spending cartel coins although it wouldn't be justified to pay them for their lack of professionality, but there are no implemented options to do so. Is that so freaking hard to understand? Please try to use logic and brain cells for once.

Regarding the other thing...we might have a totallly different understanding of the term "mind"...
Fine, but know this the day bioware announce server merges my continuous sub of 5 years will be over I have zero intention of playing on a high population server despite this being a game I love.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
08.01.2017 , 12:48 AM | #1717
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
While I grant every single player the right to play this game like they want you have to wonder what these people are even doing in an online game, or even worse an at least supposed to be MMORPG.
Perhaps it's because those players don't want to play mmos but what they do enjoy is a damn good star wars story. I doubt I am alone when I say I joined for a story I never had any intention of ever playing a mmo and know I would not likely ever play another one I am only here because it's star wars the only reason I'm not a founder is because I knew it was a mmo and that put me down off a lot.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
08.01.2017 , 12:53 AM | #1718
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Yes, it does.

I've been unlucky I guess, I've already had a server merge.

Names.
Legacy Names.
Decorations.

Now, guess which thing come top of importance for Solo players.
Do you want to phone a friend?

All The Best
AGAIN AND AGAIN (I'm so sick of repeating this to people who come to this thread without getting educated at least a bit before about the topic, or even worse to the few well known ignorant trolls here, especially one, who repeat the same redundant and invalid bs over and over as well), if reasonable and intelligent people in this thread speak about mergers (actually I like the suggested move to a totally new power server solution Keith mentioned in the podcast more, since it reduces quite a few issues for this obvious small team with an additional massive lack of professional skillz/knowledge as well and therefore speeds up the process as a whole) they ONLY speak about this assuming that there are solutions for names, guild/personal assets, full decorated strongholds, etc., bottom line for everything. It's not magic, this is all just bits and bytes aka data. Nobody loses sh_t in the desired scenario other than getting maybe some addons to their names (personal, legacy, guild, etc,).

Can we once and for all close that ignorant and redundant line "but if I lose my whatever" boowhooo?. That is not what serious people mean with merging or moving to new server solutions.

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
08.01.2017 , 12:58 AM | #1719
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Excuse me? I am one of the BEST dressed players you'll find. Outfits are absolutely one of my weaknesses on the freaking Cartel Market...I've bought more than most players have, less than some, but far more than the average player. The gooder I look, the gooder I play. I dress for success Ian!!!
Love the sarcasm. :-)

JediTahiri's Avatar


JediTahiri
08.01.2017 , 01:06 AM | #1720
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
Perhaps it's because those players don't want to play mmos but what they do enjoy is a damn good star wars story. I doubt I am alone when I say I joined for a story I never had any intention of ever playing a mmo and know I would not likely ever play another one I am only here because it's star wars the only reason I'm not a founder is because I knew it was a mmo and that put me down off a lot.
selfish, selfish selfish. players like you are the selfish ones, not us that want server merges. This was suppose to be an MMO, end of story. If you are going to quit over server merges sorry I don't buy it. Especially if you love star wars and the story content so much. seeing as how playing on a high pop server does not stop you from doing story content in the least. I don't care what you say. It doesn't effect your single-player content. turn off chat, don't do group content, your issues are solved. Before you mention character and legacy names, I DONT CARE! Your character names mean nothing when it comes to solo content which is all you care about. NONE of the npc's ever speak your name or reference it. The actual MMO players should feel like they are playing an MMO, period.

People like you are selfish as all hell. You say you are not a founder because held off on playing cause this was an MMO. But you want the rest of us not to be able to enjoy actual MMO content all because you wanted a single-player Star wars game. well GET OVER IT! It's an MMO! I also find it funny that you mention PVP in your forum signature. Why? I thought you didn't want to play an MMO and that you are just about the story. PVP is mmo content.
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge