Exiled Master Set | Why? Just Why?!?

Sportiva

Speechless ... BW finally launches a spot-on traditional Jedi robe, only to place what looks like a stupid back pack on it?

Why? What is the aesthetic purpose of a frickin' back pack on Jedi robes?

I can only assume is a deliberate way to troll Sir Alec & all the other players who have been longing for traditional Jedi attire.

EDIT: Link to image

Edited by Sportiva

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hello... I really wanted to post this, too but didn't feel like getting more infractions. Be sure I am going to make a big thread about this once it goes live. This is just sad. If they put this in then there is just no excuse to put in KotOR 2 or even Obi-Wan's prequel robes into the game.

Btw it probably has this stupid conal leg-dress instead of a proper long vest, like Lana ACTUALLY HAS -_-

And of course - there is a forced hood a lot of people grew to dislike because of the baldness issues and the fact that 99% of Jedi-themed gear already has forced hoods.

I can only hope that what we're waiting for is coming just in time for my birthday in February. Well, this is so close.

Also just look at the feedback. Everyone commenting on that robe dislikes what they've done.

Can't we just get a version with long tunic+textured tabard (this one does have a textured tabard) ending just above the knees, hood down, no backpack and be done with this? Please...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Speechless ... BW finally launches a spot-on traditional Jedi robe, only to place what looks like a stupid back pack on it?

yep. Some masters have to go to school after fighting with darkness. This bag will help them with RP.

...because a Master who has been exiled will need lots of camping equipment, cooking utensils, a spade for digging a latrine pit, tools for Lightsaber maintenance, a sewing kit for mending those pesky holes and rips left by fights, possibly a first aid kit to re-attach limbs that have been chopped off, and all sorts of other things. Food, for example. They cannot all be held in concealed pockets beneath the robe*, you know :p

*By the way, it was one of those "concealed pockets" that caused the old "incredibly fat backside when wearing Jedi robes" problem that Knights had, and which led to many a female Knight having a nervous breakdown after everyone said "Heck yes" when she asked "Does my bum look big in this?"

I have seen the set and the pictures/statue that inspire it.

I think they wanted to copy this:

http://imperialholocron.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Mythos-Statue1.jpg

anyways it looks awesome and my jedi will get it. wish I had more cash though malgus set costed me too many credits.

It looks cool, and I think the set still could come out very nicely. I hate that they keep skipping around the Jedi Robes as closely as possible.

Best case scenario: This is just a test run of an armor set to see how Jedi robes turn out as far as texturing and clipping go without just releasing it and fixing it after the fact.

Worst case scenario: All future robes have larger backpacks and spiked football shoulder pads.

Never add normal traditional robes.

Reason?

No one will buy new robes later from CC.

Ummmm .... I really hope BW has more business acumen than that. It is easy to recognize that KotFE will not provide the sustained revenues that they were expecting. They need a short-term solution to add revenue. Given their resource shortages (it's also obvious that EA/BW has made a corporate decision to cut SWTOR operating budget) the solution can't require substantial investments of capital or manpower.

I offered this suggestion in another thread ... it would provide fast, meaningful revenue with minimal investment:

f they did three versions, I would buy all 3:

1) Exiled Master w/o backpack & hood-up

2) Exiled Master w/o backpack & hood down

3) Exiled Master w/o backpack & w/o outer robe

If they did three versions, I would buy all 3:

1) Exiled Master w/o backpack & hood-up

2) Exiled Master w/o backpack & hood down

3) Exiled Master w/o backpack & w/o outer robe

+1. Would buy. Sadly they use the regular conal dress instead of having a longer chest piece, like Lana has.. It's almost a 100% copy and paste of Obi-Wan's episode IV robe on that picture - I am not gonna buy "licensing" or "brand confusion" arguments people used anymore.

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/4/40/55957ef676a05.jpg - Moar from marvel.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

+1. Would buy. Sadly they use the regular conal dress instead of having a longer chest piece, like Lana has.. It's almost a 100% copy and paste of Obi-Wan's episode IV robe on that picture - I am not gonna buy "licensing" or "brand confusion" arguments people used anymore.

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/4/40/55957ef676a05.jpg - Moar from marvel.

I have spent my entire career working with products that are based on licensed IP (although not art/entertainment IP) ... I I can't imagine a company such as BW or EA licensing only certain aspect of the Star Wars IP or for Lucasfilms to be interested in licensing certain aspects of their IP. The way IP restrictions generally work are that they are limited by the distribution channel ... for example, I suspect that BW/EA would be allowed to create a video game or stories using SW IP but restricted from creating action figures or toys.

Generally, the dispute between licensing partners & hang-ups in getting a licensing deal in place revolve around future improvements to the IP not the existing IP. For example, I could understand if there were issues on who own Revan (IP create by BW but based on SW IP).

BAH ... IMO, the reason we have not seen armor sets that customer want (not just jedi robes but other sets as well) is that the art team does not have direct access to feedback from the customers.

BAH ... IMO, the reason we have not seen armor sets that customer want (not just jedi robes but other sets as well) is that the art team does not have direct access to feedback from the customers.

That doesn't explain why they didn't give us an outfit that is simply, "synonymous", with the Jedi.

Do you routinely pay for a good or service that fails to meet your expectations?

No, but neither do I nitpick and find some minor flaw in those goods or services.

"WAAAAAH!!!!! The drink that the waiter brought was the rum and coke that I ordered, but there was 1/4 oz too much coke in it and the waiter put my drink down 1/2 inch right of where I wanted it."

If I find that my expectations are legitimately not being met, then if I continue to pay for those goods or to avail myself of those services, then I have no one to blame for my "disappointment" but myself.