Duping Armor Sets & selling on the GTN

KarajansJamara

I just told that this is very suspicious and shared my own observations, haven't rised any theory yet;

care to show me where I was insulting BW, predicting doom, saying that it's duping/hacking, or is it just another portion of your BS?

I think he was actually agreeing with you. Read the post again...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just told that this is very suspicious and shared my own observations, haven't rised any theory yet;

care to show me where I was insulting BW, predicting doom, saying that it's duping/hacking, or is it just another portion of your BS?

They were not referring to you, but certain other posters, some of whom don't even play the game any more but like to come here and talk crap every day.

The two posters above are right--I'm agreeing with you. :)

Edited by sauceemynx

What I find interesting about this thread is the random names who pipe up in here that you NEVER see anywhere else.

Which to me screams that *conspiracy theory time* it's the opposite group of credit farmers/scammers that are mad that's been caught on so they're telling them to remove the sets or they will report them, type of thing.

I've been around this game for years, and I've yet to see a cartel item dupe. Not saying it can't happen, but there are other things to do aside from duping to get that many sets.

I've been around this game for years, and I've yet to see a cartel item dupe. Not saying it can't happen, but there are other things to do aside from duping to get that many sets.

Exactly. I would love to know how someone could manage to dupe cartel market items. Items that have been duped in the past were done so by buying/selling broken vendor items.

What good does it do coming to the forums and bringing this topic up especially with absolutely no proof of it occurring except "suspicious" feelings.

Many people other than myself provided exactly how others have what appear to be unreasonable amounts of identical armor sets and other GTN items for sale on the GTN.

The way to handle this is to write a ticket, and let BW do their part.

I undercut everyone on everything, sometimes substantially. I've spent a ton on CC's , made half a billion and have a ton of awesome armors, weapons, decos etc. They stuff I dont want (which I have entirely too much of) I pass off for cheap hoping someone gets a quick good deal.

Exactly. I would love to know how someone could manage to dupe cartel market items. Items that have been duped in the past were done so by buying/selling broken vendor items.

What good does it do coming to the forums and bringing this topic up especially with absolutely no proof of it occurring except "suspicious" feelings.

Many people other than myself provided exactly how others have what appear to be unreasonable amounts of identical armor sets and other GTN items for sale on the GTN.

The way to handle this is to write a ticket, and let BW do their part.

and why ppl can't tell about their suspicions on forums? are you from North Korea or something? never heard about freedom of speech?

Edited by Rouslaan

I undercut everyone on everything, sometimes substantially. I've spent a ton on CC's , made half a billion and have a ton of awesome armors, weapons, decos etc. They stuff I dont want (which I have entirely too much of) I pass off for cheap hoping someone gets a quick good deal.

Whenever you undercut someone by a large margin, they typically buy your item, then put it back on the GTN at the higher price.

The trick is to sell it ~10-20% less so that they have very little to gain but to retain their price fix.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

and why ppl can't tell about their suspicions on forums? are you from North Korea or something? never heard about freedom of speech?

Don't be disingenuous. You know very well Lhancelot didn't say they "can't". He said he doesn't understand why they do come here to post about it ... and he's right. Posting here does nothing. Creating an in game ticket or sending a PM to Keith or Eric is the way to handle a possible duping situation.

Also, "freedom of speech" does not exist as such on these forums. I mean, there are moderators here and there are the Rules of Conduct which state what may or may not be discussed. I swear no one actually reads what the First Amendment says.

Don't be disingenuous. You know very well Lhancelot didn't say they "can't". He said he doesn't understand why they do come here to post about it ... and he's right. Posting here does nothing. Creating an in game ticket or sending a PM to Keith or Eric is the way to handle a possible duping situation.

Also, "freedom of speech" does not exist as such on these forums. I mean, there are moderators here and there are the Rules of Conduct which state what may or may not be discussed. I swear no one actually reads what the First Amendment says.

ok tell me what rules of conduct this topic violates, then;

and why ppl can't discuss and share their concerns with other players?

and the most important - who you two are to tell others what they should or shouldn't publish on the forum?

Edited by Rouslaan

I have reported it, along with some of the others who have witnessed some very strange behaviour on the Darth Malgus GTN over the past week or so. That doesn't mean it can't be discussed here as well, to raise awareness. Duping is not exactly unheard of in MMO's.

Edited by Inspirals
Grammar error.

Don't be disingenuous. You know very well Lhancelot didn't say they "can't". He said he doesn't understand why they do come here to post about it ... and he's right.

That's how it goes on the forums. People rarely read what you write, they read what they think you wrote based on their own personal biases and judgments. If that makes any sense.

This "topic" is dumb. That's why it shouldn't be taken seriously here. If people provided some sort of proof that actual duping was occurring then fine let's talk about it.

Instead what you got are people who are brandishing wild accusations that are based purely on feelings. These accusations are being presented to people en masse, and it's quite possible to be nothing more than a simple misunderstanding by those making these accusations. Again, there's zero proof of duping, none at all.

I like a good conspiracy theory, I really do. But at the very least provide something more substantial before accusing others of cheating than "it looks suspicious" or "I can't afford so many sets of armor so there's no way anyone else could!"

I think people don't understand how many credits some players have at this point on the game, or how much stuff people have saved for 7 years. It's not hard for one player to corner parts of the market by just buying up everything of a specific item for the sole purpose of reselling later.

Edited by Lhancelot

I think people don't understand how many credits some players have at this point on the game, or how much stuff people have saved for 7 years. It's not hard for one player to corner parts of the market by just buying up everything of a specific item for the sole purpose of reselling later.

you still haven't answered how many years ppl were saving Callous conqueror set before dumping 100+ pieces of it :D

dude, any of your "logical" explanation sounds much dumber than the wildest "conspiracy theory" ever sounded here :D

guess only a yellow post could save us from all these wannabe-experts with their "explanations" based on their own theories

Edited by Rouslaan

That's how it goes on the forums. People rarely read what you write, they read what they think you wrote based on their own personal biases and judgments. If that makes any sense.

This "topic" is dumb. That's why it shouldn't be taken seriously here. If people provided some sort of proof that actual duping was occurring then fine let's talk about it.

Instead what you got are people who are brandishing wild accusations that are based purely on feelings. These accusations are being presented to people en masse, and it's quite possible to be nothing more than a simple misunderstanding by those making these accusations. Again, there's zero proof of duping, none at all.

I like a good conspiracy theory, I really do. But at the very least provide something more substantial before accusing others of cheating than "it looks suspicious" or "I can't afford so many sets of armor so there's no way anyone else could!"

Its possible that the OP is part of a conspiracy to get people to hurry up and buy his sets if they think they might be taken down. Ingenious of him isnt it?

I’m so considering using 1000 cc to transfer a bunch of credits to DM, buy a truck load of that armour and transfer back to SF to sell it.

thats an Entrepreneur talking.

If they were duping cartel items bioware would be on them like a room full of 5 year olds on a pile of chocolate. Duping CC would impact the next bioware staff trip to Vegas. They wouldnt let that go very far.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

you still haven't answered how many years ppl were saving Callous conqueror set before dumping 100+ pieces of it :D dude, any of your "logical" explanation sounds much dumber than the wildest "conspiracy theory" ever sounded here :D guess only a yellow post could save us from all these wannabe-experts with their "explanations" based on their own theories

It's more than likely someone taking advantage of referral link scamming rather than duping. When you're not actually paying for the CCs the ratio of real cash to game currency is meaningless. So you buy in bulk and sell in bulk at deflated prices. it's no different than people using stolen credit cards to buy iPads at full price then turning around and reselling them cheap. The cash gained is going into the thief's personal account, not back to the stolen one. It's pure profit.

Edited by kodrac

ok tell me what rules of conduct this topic violates, then;

and why ppl can't discuss and share their concerns with other players?

and the most important - who you two are to tell others what they should or shouldn't publish on the forum?

Here you go...

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

From the very first section –

"General Rules and Guidelines"

"To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:"

(Slightly more than halfway down the list) –

"Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service."

(emphasis mine)

It's more than likely someone taking advantage of referral link scamming rather than duping. When you're not actually paying for the CCs the ratio of real cash to game currency is meaningless. So you buy in bulk and sell in bulk at deflated prices. it's no different than people using stolen credit cards to buy iPads at full price then turning around and reselling them cheap. The cash gained is going into the thief's personal account, not back to the stolen one. It's pure profit.

I would agree with that but armor sets on CM are being sold by pieces, not in box

even so, buying 50x armor sets only once for 2600 cc = 130k cc ~217 referral link clicks ; but 10 times 50x armor sets = 2170 unique clicks ; finding so many dummies would take ages

Edited by Rouslaan

Here you go...

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

From the very first section –

"General Rules and Guidelines"

"To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:"

(Slightly more than halfway down the list) –

"Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service."

(emphasis mine)

OP weren't telling here how to duplicate CM items, just shared his suspicions about possible exploit existance

I would agree with that but armor sets on CM are being sold by pieces, not in box

even so, buying 50x armor sets only once for 2600 cc = 130k cc ~217 referral link clicks ; but 10 times 50x armor sets = 2170 unique clicks ; finding so much dummies would take ages

Your math skills have convinced me, this has to be someone "duping" items, specifically these pieces of the highly coveted Callous Conqueror armor set. :D

It's impossible that a player could simply buy the sets from the CM and listed them for far cheaper than what they normally sell for, for whatever reasons!

Clearly that player has a Callous Conqueror Armor set pixel mold and is pumping out hundreds of Callous Armor set pieces by the hour! Hopefully BW acts on this fast before the server collapses from the sheer abundance of Callous Conqueror Armor set pieces!

you still haven't answered how many years ppl were saving Callous conqueror set before dumping 100+ pieces of it :D

dude, any of your "logical" explanation sounds much dumber than the wildest "conspiracy theory" ever sounded here :D

guess only a yellow post could save us from all these wannabe-experts with their "explanations" based on their own theories

You cherry picked one explanation I gave for what could be occurring with some items that people sell in large quantities. I never specifically said that people saved up that specific set for years to sell now. :p

I am pretty sure if these items were "duped" BW would sort it out in minutes. BW are slow to act on a lot of stuff in the game regarding exploits and cheats, but one thing they never let slide for more than minutes time is any type of exploit involving Cartel Market items.

You just need to accept the fact that some people have tons of resources you do not have and can afford to buy with credits and/or CC what seems to be an impossible amount of pixels from the CM to sell on the GTN for prices you'd never choose to list them at.

dude, I didn't tell anything about duping

If you want to hear my humble version - someone has bought super-huge amount of cartel coins, bought hypercrates, and dumping the loot - armor sets, decos, etc, as fast as possible for credits;

those guys are either rich and stupid, or some credit cards scammers and credits sellers

You cherry picked one explanation I gave for what could be occurring with some items that people sell in large quantities. I never specifically said that people saved up that specific set for years to sell now. :p

and what was your another explanation? :D

anyway, claiming "this armor set is years old" to the armor set that wasn't even named shows your level of expertise :D

trying to look smart with some eggs on your face is always funny, keep going :D

Edited by Rouslaan

As I posted and you quoted: "...or communicate the existence...."

"oh look I've found exploit" or "I suspect that someone's using an exploit" are two different things

anyways, regarding to the fact that this post still exists - your interpretation of the rules is wrong