Unable to add slot?

TimWritt

Hi, I am confused at the mod system. I used an MK-10 on an item...it shows on the left and is described as 'augmented'...I paid to add it to the item.. but there is no final result, no mod slot added just shows up at the bottom on the left. Not sure what to do or what am doing wrong. Thanks EDIT: Yes I am at a table, aug kit on left botton, aug on right.....gave me pop up to add it, did still nothing shows up in the top screen where you see the mod slots Edited by TimWritt

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here, but here's a brief description of adding an augment:

You don't need to use the actual modification station any more, by the way.

Put an 'Augment Kit(s)' into your inventory (and any augment you want to add)**.

Right-click on the piece you want to augment and it's modification window will pop-up.

At the bottom left of the mod window, right or left click (I forget which) where it say "augment slot".

A small window should pop up on the upper right showing the Augment Kit(s) in your inventory.

Click on the Slot Kit to add an augment slot to the piece (requires credits as well).

Right-click an augment to place it in the new slot.

** There's several components involved. Augment Slot Components are used to make Augment Slot Kits. The kits are what add the Augment Slot to the item. You can craft or buy the Kits.

The Augments themselves are what you put in the Augment Slot once you've added the slot to the piece.

Note - you can add augments to all your armor pieces, weapon(s), offhand, earpiece, implants, and relics.

Note#2 - it's not worthwhile to add augment slots until you settle on a set of 'bonus' gear at level 75.

Edited by JediQuaker

If I'm reading this right, he's asking why his Augment doesn't show up in the upper part of the Item Modification Window with the slots for other Modifications.

Answer: It doesn't. It shows up where it is. That 'bar' at the bottom with the Augmentation Kit on the left and the Augment on the right is the 'augment area', that's where it shows up and the Augment is automatically added to your item with an Augment Slot when you move it into its place there.

Additional, these days, you don't even need to use Modification Stations - they're an artifact from the past - all you have to do is hold shift and right-click an item to modify it.