Bind to Legacy

dpwms

Any item purchased from the Cartel Market should, upon being equipped, bind to legacy and not to character. I would be more inclined to invest in armor, weapons, and other items if I could move them around within my legacy when I want to change my character's (or a companion's) appearance.

Any item purchased from the Cartel Market should, upon being equipped, bind to legacy and not to character. I would be more inclined to invest in armor, weapons, and other items if I could move them around within my legacy when I want to change my character's (or a companion's) appearance.

^^This. Will never happen though since EAware can make more money by forcing people to buy items multiple times.

^^This. Will never happen though since EAware can make more money by forcing people to buy items multiple times.

Agreed that they are viewing it from that angle. I hope we can convince them that greater flexibility with the gear would actually motivate us to buy more of it. Right now I can't justify spending any cc at all on armor sets for companions, because I can't move it around later if I want to.

I'm completely fine with items turning Bind to Character AFTER being equiped. However, I would like to see the bind-to-character timer after purchasing Cartel Items or opening Cartel boxes changed into a bind-to-legacy timer instead. For all I care, that timer resets every time such an item is transfered to another character, even if it had already expired previously.

The game economy is already messed up enough as it is, turning away from character binding would only increase inflation and actually reduce Cartel purchases.

I AGREE!

I'm not buying a whole lot of these because I can't trade them between toons at the moment.

Allowing legacy wide would let me buy that new one that just came out and my old one shuffled to a companion on another toon maybe.