Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jinzouningen
01.22.2012 , 07:15 AM | #841
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
Anyone who "got used" to this is a bad player. No one can tell if a CD is up or not on a >1 minute cooldown ability if there's less than 5 seconds left on it.

And anyone who claims to is simply a liar.
Hit the nail on the head. twice
Sith lightning is just a rip off of Shaman lightning.

Mrs_Murder
01.22.2012 , 07:22 AM | #842
/sign
Change it back. No one complained about it being greyed out, so why change it in the first place? Now I have to mouseover the ability and read the cooldown time.
Grats on killing your own game, Bioware.

face_hindu
01.22.2012 , 07:24 AM | #843
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We hear your feedback and are working on adjustments to increase the readability of the cooldown UI in an upcoming patch.

-- Georg

Cake is a lie; there is only pie.

bludwork
01.22.2012 , 07:28 AM | #844
Do not change it back!

As as Imperial Agent before the patch my Carbine Burst ability would gray out even when it was usable. I thought it was funny because only after the GCD would it show me it was available for use, by that time I already made the decision to use something else.

Not greying out abilities allows me to see which abilties are available when the GCD in effect. The previous implementation was completely wrong!

FourTwent
01.22.2012 , 07:28 AM | #845
Quote: Originally Posted by Maoxx View Post
Honestly I wish they would put an option in the menu that would show you a numerical value for the CD's rather than a graphical one.
i like this way of doing it

JasonSavo
01.22.2012 , 07:51 AM | #846
Why would you make an already horrid UI even worse? Change it back.

Dodik
01.22.2012 , 12:45 PM | #847
A lot of people, myself including, complained about all skills greyed out during GCD. That was a problem. It appears Bioware misunderstood what the problem was exactly.

I personally wanted only those skills to be lit up that (1) I have enough force/energy to use immediately after the currect GCD, and (2) are not on their individual cooldowns. Everything else should be greyed out.

Bioware included only the first check as condition for a skill to be lit up, while it should have included both.
Junglist Marvin Koo Schweik
Jung Ma

Eltohan
01.22.2012 , 01:44 PM | #848
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrs_Murder View Post
/sign
Change it back. No one complained about it being greyed out, so why change it in the first place? Now I have to mouseover the ability and read the cooldown time.
Terrible, terrible ui design choice indeed
Unsubscribed because of the crappy Hero Engine
Now playing Black Desert Online & Guild Wars 2

Eltohan
01.22.2012 , 01:53 PM | #849
Quote: Originally Posted by Dodik View Post
A lot of people, myself including, complained about all skills greyed out during GCD. That was a problem. It appears Bioware misunderstood what the problem was exactly.

I personally wanted only those skills to be lit up that (1) I have enough force/energy to use immediately after the currect GCD, and (2) are not on their individual cooldowns. Everything else should be greyed out.

Bioware included only the first check as condition for a skill to be lit up, while it should have included both.
Instead of letting skills off cooldown that had enough ressources/distance and were ready to use lit up during the globalcooldown, THEY LIT UP ALL THE SKILLS
Unsubscribed because of the crappy Hero Engine
Now playing Black Desert Online & Guild Wars 2

grandmthethird
01.22.2012 , 02:02 PM | #850
Quote: Originally Posted by bludwork View Post
Do not change it back!

As as Imperial Agent before the patch my Carbine Burst ability would gray out even when it was usable. I thought it was funny because only after the GCD would it show me it was available for use, by that time I already made the decision to use something else.

Not greying out abilities allows me to see which abilties are available when the GCD in effect. The previous implementation was completely wrong!
i believe this is why it was changed in the first place

we need a combination of both. black out ability's on cooldown the way it was before, but don't black out any available in GCD that are not on cooldown. (hope that makes sense)
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"