Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aniaden
01.19.2012 , 06:43 AM | #351
Yea after I saw this thread yesterday at work I was curious, but when I got home and played, the cd effect didn't seem to bother me, I could tell what was on cd by the slide. But thats just me, some I guess like the other way better. Hopefully at some point we can get some add-ons and macros going

Nesferia
01.19.2012 , 06:43 AM | #352
Chillax bros. There's something called patience, although i have to agree on the fact that they had plenty of time to make it better, I cannot overlook the fact that they're trying to be more responsive than Blizz.

Asparhruk
01.19.2012 , 06:53 AM | #353
They are definitely more responsive than Bliz.
They try to fix things as fast as possible and deliver patches and fixes fast.
This is a good sign.
That's why i hope it doesn't take them a lot of time and they react fast on this issue.

xxWargodxx
01.19.2012 , 06:53 AM | #354
This change is really bad.

I'm tanking a hard mode FP yesterday, spamming taunts, AE attacks, stuns, etc. on long'ish CD's, wondering why the hell aren't they going off? Am I lagging?

Then I realize they're not off CD. They look like they're off CD, but they're not.

I betcha there's a lot of folks out there that don't even realize this and think their game is lagging, which makes you look bad.

Please put it back the way it was.
Tickle us, do we not laugh?
Wound us, do we not bleed?
Wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Dreakoo
01.19.2012 , 06:55 AM | #355
Bioware logics are even worse than troll logics so even what the trolls claims is smarter than what Bioware says.

Cya in GW2!

Bansheedragon
01.19.2012 , 07:14 AM | #356
Previously I could tell when skill was off CD, now I often try to use a skill a few seconds before its ready not knowing its not ready.
It has made me lose a couple tough fights because when the skill dot work I try to use it again and get distracted when it then still dont work as I see that its not ready and as such dont understand why it will not work.

What I dont understand is why the changed it at all, as far as I know it was not broken in any way so why change it?
And I cant remember ever seeing anyone ever complaining about it being bad design.

Why do they waste time and resources on changing things that are working fine and nobody has a problem with instead of fixing the things that needs to be fixed?

Please BW revert the skill bars to what they were in 1.0, they were much better that way and it was actually possible to see when a skill was off CD.

A question to the community.
Do you think it would help if we all bug report this, and request it be reverted to how it was in 1.0?
Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Why? Do they think there's a shortage of bad ones?

Bansheedragon
01.19.2012 , 07:16 AM | #357
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreakoo View Post
Bioware logics are even worse than troll logics so even what the trolls claims is smarter than what Bioware says.

Cya in GW2!
Been looking at GW2 lately and that honestly sounds like a true MMORPG, with its dynamic works AND storytelling.
Not like TOR which is a static world with storytelling.
Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Why? Do they think there's a shortage of bad ones?

Elecious
01.19.2012 , 07:17 AM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by SunwindIon View Post
surely everybody notices this? how did it get past testing? what a massive joke.

it looks better at first but then when a cooldown is nearly up you can't tell if it has 3 seconds left or 10 secs, i'm constantly clicking abilities that look like they're off cooldown and it's just horrendous.
at the end of the day its only pixels on a screen mate
"Pain is just weakness leaving the body" - Somebody else

ginfest
01.19.2012 , 07:19 AM | #359
After reading this and other posts here yesterday, I was ready for the sky to fall with the new patch. Instead it downloaded fin, the game started and played fine and I had no issues with the new cool down system. ***, just be patient and play. If you miss a hit and die, so what. You care bears have made it so dying mean nothing in any of these games, so BFD!

Radox
01.19.2012 , 07:21 AM | #360
i agree with the OP. i thought the UI was broken again. but no the cooldown hadn't quite finished.