Reverse Engineering very, very random?

Slayd_

Yes this is more a whine thread than anything else.. but I'm tired of how random RE is when I'm trying to get some schematics.. I don't want it to be easy but at the same time I hate how random it is.. sometimes I have gotten all 3 schematics within 10 RE's and sometimes I don't get any schematics after 25+ RE's... come on something has got to give.. I am kinda inclined to hope they change it to an experience based system.. that you can earn a guaranteed schematic after a certain amount of RE's..

My opinion: the way it is right now is unfair, some people will get schematics easily due to the randomness, some won't get them as easily for the same reason, it needs to be balanced..

Gosh and don't get me started on the lack of customization with crafting.. I see all these greens that drop with nice colors but I can't make anything like that.. *what* *a* *joke*.

I would like REing to be less random, right now it has that nasty feeling you got from crafting in Everquest where you didn't know whether or not you'd get a skill increase from making something.

Given how straightforward the progression for the skills is - yellow and green giving guaranteed advancement, for example - it's odd that REing items, even grey (skillwise) items, is so random.

I should have mentioned I'm at 400 synthweaving and all my companions are at 10000 affection.. but I don't think that counts when I am reverse engineering.. unless it somehow remembers which companion made the item.. what would be nice though is, if the item was a critical success with an augment slot, there could be an increased chance to learn a schematic from it.

I like the fact that it's random. People need to get some challenge or the game will be call TOO EASY.

If old player remember, in Ultimat online, you dont have 100% chance of making an item, so... If the only thing that is random is the fact that you might need to make more then 10 or 30 of the same item... then it's ok with me... I'm so bore of player who want everything to be easy!

I like the fact that it's random. People need to get some challenge or the game will be call TOO EASY.

If old player remember, in Ultimat online, you dont have 100% chance of making an item, so... If the only thing that is random is the fact that you might need to make more then 10 or 30 of the same item... then it's ok with me... I'm so bore of player who want everything to be easy!

You sound like someone that hasn't put 100 nanosilk into one item only for the RNG to spit up +crit/+absorb.

Is it a challenge or is it just tedious though? I reverse engineered ~30 blue implants to get an epic cunning implant schematic...that was loaded down with shield rating. I've since reverse engineered another 60 or so with no new schematics learned.

You may be bored with people wanting **** to be easy but I'm bored of farming mats on Illum as I have been doing the last couple of days (worked on a willpower schematic before this). It's tiresome and terribly disheartening to log in, reverse engineer a bunch of blues, and get nothing for it.