Not having level 50 ops in group finder makes no sense for casual players

Resurrecting this. I can't believe that developers still haven't solved this. It felt like an eternity until I finally found a group for Explosive Conflict on Red Eclipse. Its still very hard for lvl 55 to find group for specific lvl 50 operation and for lvl 50 toons group finder is practically useless because 55s can not use it . Placing lvl 50 operations (SM and HM) in group finder for every level above 50 is a must and they have to be reminded of this.

You think this is bad? Then you clearly weren't around launch (pre patch 1.2 I think), where there was no Group Finder at all. You had to camp the entrance to the Flashpoint you wanted to run and whisper every SOB to see if they wanted to do that Flashpoint.

Anyways, the queue times for level 55 Operations are horrendous, and unless you join with healers and tanks it'll take ages for them to pop. Also it doesn't take long to form a group on fleet. It usually takes me 10-15 minutes to form a group for SV SM 16 man for the Weekly.

You think this is bad? Then you clearly weren't around launch (pre patch 1.2 I think), where there was no Group Finder at all. You had to camp the entrance to the Flashpoint you wanted to run and whisper every SOB to see if they wanted to do that Flashpoint.

Anyways, the queue times for level 55 Operations are horrendous, and unless you join with healers and tanks it'll take ages for them to pop. Also it doesn't take long to form a group on fleet. It usually takes me 10-15 minutes to form a group for SV SM 16 man for the Weekly.

Exactly, I wasn't. And I'm glad about it, because it would drive me crazy for sure, and luckily I arrived when lots of issues of that type were taken care of, which gives me hope that some slight adjustments such as this one can be done without too much effort for them. And as you said, finding group for SV, DP, DF or other newer ops isn't much of a problem because somebody is always yelling about them in general chat and 55s are mostly doing them. For older ones... it's painful.

Edited by Pavijan

signing this too.. (looks there's quite a few treads about this in the forums..hope devs would look into this option)

Been playing swtor now and then since beta. Casually mostly. At last wanted to check RotHC, and since it's free for subbers I had got a sub. "Oh well, thats cool! Going to check operations now" I thought. Getting from level 50 to 55 took like 2-3 days. Most of the Makeb questing time I was in the operations GF as a tank. And yes, in 2 day I haven't queued in a single operation. Hitting level 55 was actually a bit dissapointing. It looked like I had missed those 3 OPs and a nice portion of game story alltogether (yeah, swtor is mostly about story and star wars galaxy to me, not hardcore gearing or collecting of 100500 variations of randomly reskinned pokemons from cartel market). And since I'm in a quite inactive guild, the only option for me is just spamming general chat with LFGs..which is just a waste of time if you ask me, since most of the ppl are just using GF

Leaving classic ops just to lvls 50-54 was generally a bad idea. There's aren't much players out there and most likely you'll just miss theese operations without even being able to check them out

Also SM ops could be quite useful for fresh 55's to get the whole ops idea and some better gear to move on instead of being dropped into the wild lvl 55 ops without decent gear and skills

Yeah, someone is yelling "Find a guild! Use the general chat", but once again..why should we make things complicated while theres could be an easier and a way better way to do this..?

What's with these (dumb) threads getting necro treatment?

I'd rather dev time be spent on literally any other aspect of the game than spent on old content.

I'd rather dev time be spent on converting every player species to gungans than spent on old content.

What's with these (dumb) threads getting necro treatment?

I'd rather dev time be spent on literally any other aspect of the game than spent on old content.

I'd rather dev time be spent on converting every player species to gungans than spent on old content.

How much dev time would it take to add classic opt to GF..? 1 hour top..? Ok..possibly 2 hours with a coffe break

Please..all of us know that dev time wouldn't be spent on gungans. That's not a thing that would bring any profit comparing to massive armor redesign(and yeah, we definitely know that all EA cares about is profit..not that it's bad. most of the companies care just about it after all). It's way more profitable to spent this time on some bikini modelling that would go into the cartel market and would be selling like hell

And what's f**** wrong with some of the players wanting to enjoy classical OPS for the first time and not being able to do so..? Not everyone is playing SWTOR just to get the best gear, complete the nightmare ops, and grow their imaginary ***** bigger. If you got a job, family and some other hobbies you wouldn't even want to spend all of your time on stuff like that. Gaming is becoming like an good wine. You're actually trying to _ENJOY_ it, not just to get drunk with it

Agreed.

Sitting on fleet spamming LFG is neither enjoyable nor productive but there is plenty of level relevant content that I can't play through group finder. "Find a guild" is not a reasonable response, some of us have good reasons for not joining a guild.

BW please put all ops in the group finder at level 55.

I'm pleased to see that people are still in support of my OP. In my opinion, you should be able to queue up for everything from 16 man Nightmare mode Scum and Villainy to 8 man storymode Eternity Vault as a level 55. I'm sure that an uncoordinated (perhaps even under-geared and unprepared) pick-up group trying to attempt NiM S&V might wipe a lot more than a seasoned guild raid team, but that's the risk you take with any pick up group. I think if there are plenty of warnings in the group finder UI about recommended gear ratings/tiers, that should suffice. If there is a valid reason why the devs haven't implemented this, for example, that the queue times would be too long or matchmaking would be too complicated, then I'd love to learn about that. I'm not suggesting this proposal needs to take priority over other bug fixes and content, but I would like to know if there is a mechanistic reason, other than limited time and resources, that precludes them from implementing this.

Anybody else enjoy spamming the fleet and setting up PUG groups manually? I love pugging and it gives a sense of achievement when the PUG downs the last boss of an operation. I use the GF q as a last resort (say when we are only missing 1-2 people).

• 6 months later...

Sorry to necro my thread, but Tait made a comment during today's (May 2) live stream that prompted me to revisit this discussion. He alluded to the fact that big changes were coming to group finder in 2.8, and not all of them are on PTS yet.

I would very much like to see all operations content, except (arguably) NiM 55 DF/DP, available on GF, for all the reasons outlined above. Perusing the thread, I couldn't see any compelling argument not to have them.

I would love to have all Ops available at max level. :)

But then I'm a huge fan of updating, rather than out-dating, content. I dislike the MMO style of "Last xpac? IT'S TRASH NOW" and would much prefer to gain more options every time we level up, not less.

edit:

Oh look I replied to another necro'd thread. Why am I cursed :(

Edited by SW_display_name

But I necro'd it for a reason, and there are lots of threads that have gone on for months. The only poster who argued against having the level 50 ops available to a level 55 in group finder, argued that they'd rather the devs spend content on anything but old stuff. That poster even said they'd prefer the devs convert all players into Gungans than make level 50 ops available in group finder to 55s.

I realize that was said tongue in cheek, but is adding another check box for SM/HM/NiM 50 ops in a level 55s GF window really that difficult? How much time would it really take away from other content? Now, admittedly, they must be strapped for time/resources since they axed the plans for the infiltrator ship role for GSF and delayed early access for Galactic Strongholds. But how much time could this possibly take?

If it isn't on the schedule for these big changes to GF coming in 2.8 that Tait alluded to in the livestream yesterday, perhaps they can be slipped in?