The REAL Most Powerful Sith

Beniboybling

I saved the best, and hopefully the easiest, till last. For all of those not familiar with this set up, I'm attempting to compile a series of lists cataloging the real most powerful Force users, Jedi and Sith created through discussion and debate, as opposed to simply giving our own personal opinions. Already we've compiled the most powerful Force users and most powerful Jedi. Check them out in our all new index! Note that I'm not asking for a list of who you think the most powerful Sith are. As before we'll do this one position at a time.

So without further ado, lets move on to the last list in the Force-using series. The Sith. In concurrence with the most powerful Force users list the first five spots will be pre-determined. All but #1 are technically up for debate, but that would involve challenging the original list as well, so be sure to take both lists into account. Also note that this list consists of Sith only, which excludes any informal Force users who may have drawn on the dark side of the Force.

Anyway, the template!

1. Darth Sidious

^^ The above, according to canon, is the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history, according to multiple sources. There is no room for debate here. If you wish to dispute this position, please go elsewhere.

2. Darth Caedus

3. Sith Emperor

4. Darth Plagueis

5. Exar Kun

6. Darth Vader

7. Darth Krayt

8. Darth Traya

9. Darth Malgus

10. Darth Bane

Like before I'll be updating this list as we go along, so the first item on the agenda - who gets #6?

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exar Kun, he should definitely get at least no.6 I maintain as I always have that Exar Kun is certainly more powerful than Vader.

I already know exactly what kind of statement is going to be made against this: 'he had enhancements' in the form of his Amulet and his gauntlets.

This is an assumption and not canon, those objects only quickened his corruption to the Dark Side, for a small amount of time they imbued his power, but afterwards their effectiveness dwindled till the point that at his corruption of the Jedi knights and padawans via a holocron, they did nothing for him and he wore them for aesthetics and intimidation factor only.

Exar Kun was very powerful and he did not require the aid of power imbuing objects to enhance this power, by the time of Ulic's capture at Coruscant, Ulic admitted no one person was powerful to face him directly, which is why the entire 10,000+ strong Jedi Order had to turn up and attempt to stop him.

Exar Kun was beyond his duelling skills most infamous for being able to attack someone or multiple persons with a blast of pure Dark Side energy, an energy that even the likes of Darth Bane had no defence against at all and he flopped around like a fish out of water when a Dark Side Tendril severed his arm.

Exar Kun was the strongest user of Dark Side energetic blasts on record, when Aleema Keto attempted to kill him with this ability he simply absorbed the blow and blasted her with a far stronger attack that Aleema only survived by shielding herself with a dark side force bubble that only took the brunt of the attack, it still knocked her unconscious.

Exar Kun showed his total mastery of Force Blast against Gantoris, using it via his eyes instead of his hands, totally incinerating the promising Jedi Knight.

Exar Kun was also a master practitioner of Force Flight able to move at will in a strain similar to Count Dooku.

Exar Kun's mastery of Sith Alchemy and Magics was nothing short of spectacular, he could easily create hosts of Sith war beasts including the dreaded Terentatek, eventually this power was so immense it allowed him to absorb the Massassi species and abandon his body. 4,000 years after this as a Sith Spirit Kun would have used the students of the Jedi Praxeum to rebuild his own body through his alchemy, essentially allowing him to move from the corporeal to the non-corporeal whenever he wished.

His Force Sense was also powerful enough to know his apprentice Ulic Qel-Droma was endangered from half the galaxy away.

Kun's duelling skills are also valid here, as his form relied on Force prowess to be used, he was the most powerful and skilled Niman user on record, taking it to it's highest form, he mastered it to such a degree that he could easily use the force to randomly turn one or both blades on and off mid-combat with no manual button, he could also do the same thing and change the length of each blade as he saw fit, as he gained esoteric levels of power in the Dark Side he threw any type of moderation or balance out of his lightsaber style and incorporated highly proficient levels of Juyo and Ataru(in the form of Force Flight), this was so powerful that masters of Djem-So Vodo Siosk Baas and Ulic Qel-Droma had to stay on the defensive and in one case was totally overpowered and killed(Baas).

Edited by LadyKulvax

to me Conventional wins everytime. Mastery over the basics>knowledge over some advanced.

I disagree mastery over unknown powers is far far more difficult because it requires largely self-training and sometimes pure power to learn.

Look at for instance Darth Sidious, neither Force Maelstrom or Force Storm were common abilities, in-fact he invented one by being THAT powerful, Force Storm was hardly conventional, yet just happened to be the most powerful of all Dark Side abilities.

Lets not forget though, Vader was able to kill Sidious at some point and still had all that power within him. Oh and another thing, since Beni said something similar in the Jedi thread. I believe no doubt, Vader would be able to slow down a huge ship like Galen did so and not almost kill himself after.

Though yes Kun has shown things that Vader can't do, due to his body that doesn't make him any less powerful.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Lets not forget though, Vader was able to kill Sidious at some point and still had all that power within him. Oh and another thing, since Beni said something similar in the Jedi thread. I believe no doubt, Vader would be able to slow down a huge ship like Galen did so and not almost kill himself after.

Though yes Kun has shown things that Vader can't do, due to his body that doesn't make him any less powerful.

Frankly that is speculation, Galen's power has regardless of situation overwhelmed Vader's on two occasions.

And whilst true, we can speculate on what he could do all we want, what we need is absolute evidence.

Frankly that is speculation, Galen's power has regardless of situation overwhelmed Vader's on two occasions.

And whilst true, we can speculate on what he could do all we want, what we need is absolute evidence.

Well Beni was using speculation on that, so I figured I would do the same. Though Vader, was casually tossing around fighters like nothing. Plus why wouldn't Vader not be able to do it? He has complete mastery over TK, and still has that dormant power within him he could more then likely do it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

If Vader was a greater Force user than Galen, I expect he would have won the duel against him.

Anyway, Exar Kun. I'm going to be contrary and say Darth Malgus and my reasons are twofold. 1. He was credited as having unparalleled mastery over his anger by Darth Sidious and 2. Exar Kun was unable to destroy Force-sensitives with the Force blast, while Malgus could do so with Force lightning, and mastered the Force maelstrom.

If Vader was a greater Force user than Galen, I expect he would have won the duel against him.

Anyway, Exar Kun. I'm going to be contrary and say Darth Malgus and my reasons are twofold. 1. He was credited as having unparalleled mastery over his anger by Darth Sidious and 2. Exar Kun was unable to destroy Force-sensitives with the Force blast, while Malgus could do so with Force lightning, and mastered the Force maelstrom.

Ever hear of WIS? Of course, you also gotta factor in plot too as it wouldn't be so good if the main character died. Anyway...though has Malgus actually mastered Force Maelstrom?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

2. Exar Kun was unable to destroy Force-sensitives with the Force blast, while Malgus could do so with Force lightning, and mastered the Force maelstrom.

When Malgus used Force lightning on Aryn Leneer, she was able to block it. And the one time it did break through her defenses, it didn't kill her.

He can kill randoms with it, but main characters are out of his reach.

Edit: Also, Adraas survived a full barrage of Malgus' lightning and was still able to fight.

Edited by Aurbere

Ever here of WIS? Of course, you also gotta factor in plot too as it wouldn't be so good if the main character died. Anyway...though has Malgus actually mastered Force Maelstrom?
I am factoring in plot, the plot was that Galen Marek was the next Luke Skywalker - a 'photo-negative' of him. And like Luke, Marek surpassed him. But like Luke refused to finish him and join the Emperor.

And yes, according to the Book of Sith Malgus mastered the Force maelstrom, which is said to be a stepping stone to the Force storm itself - the most powerful dark side ability ever recorded.

I am factoring in plot, the plot was that Galen Marek was the next Luke Skywalker - a 'photo-negative' of him. And like Luke, Marek surpassed him. But like Luke refused to finish him and join the Emperor.

And yes, according to the Book of Sith Malgus mastered the Force maelstrom, which is said to be a stepping stone to the Force storm itself - the most powerful dark side ability ever recorded.

Except ROTJ Vader > Pre-ANH Vader...so Galen surpassed a not yet prime Vader, while Luke did with using the darkside.

But ah alright then on Malgus.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

When Malgus used Force lightning on Aryn Leneer, she was able to block it. And the one time it did break through her defenses, it didn't kill her.

He can kill randoms with it, but main characters are out of his reach.

Edit: Also, Adraas survived a full barrage of Malgus' lightning and was still able to fight.

Let's not approach this from an out-of-universe perspective now, we can only assume that either the barrage was not as powerful, or Aryn Leneer was considerably more powerful than the Jedi Malgus killed.

And according to Wookieepedia:

Adraas then attempted to strike back using a variety of Force Powers, including Force Lightning as well, even though he was aware of Malgus's mastery of the Force. His attack was ultimately cut off by Malgus's barrage of Lightning attacks, which left the Sith Lord dying on the floor.

Its seems his lightning ended the duel rather quickly.

That said, we aren't even talking about the fullest extent of Malgus' ability here. If a single burst of lightining can kill Jedi, what could the Force maelstrom do?

Edited by Beniboybling

Sidious.... who wasn't born for around 3600 years after Malgus' death and lol wut? He destroyed Gantoris with Force Blast, in-fact he incinerated Gantoris with it and the only Force User he used Force Blast against was Aleema Keto and she had specific knowledge of the ability as well.

So your assertion is false.

Except ROTJ Vader > Pre-ANH Vader...so Galen surpassed a not yet prime Vader, while Luke did with using the darkside.

But ah alright then on Malgus.

The idea that a 40 year old man could considerably grow stronger in the Force in the space of a few years is pure speculation, and most likely not the case.

Sidious.... who wasn't born for around 3600 years after Malgus' death and lol wut? He destroyed Gantoris with Force Blast, in-fact he incinerated Gantoris with it and the only Force User he used Force Blast against was Aleema Keto and she had specific knowledge of the ability as well.

So your assertion is false.

If your saying that Sidious is not telling the truth, then I'd remind you that the Book of Sith is a canon-sourcebook disguised as an in-universe text.

Also, you are referring to Exar Kun as a Force ghost here, post absorbing the life force of the entire Massassi race, which resulted in his mortal death.

And I am distinctly referring to Aleema Keto, a Force user, whom we has unable to destroy.

The idea that a 40 year old man could considerably grow stronger in the Force in the space of a few years is pure speculation, and most likely not the case.

Why not? What you think he just slacked off and decided to not get better?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I may be recalling incorrectly, but didn't Bane use Maelstrom when he was still a student at the Sith Academy?
...pretty sure he didn't. He wielded a minor version of the thought bomb by combining the powers of his fellow dark lords, but not maelstrom.

Why not? What you think he just slacked off and decided to not get better?
Because that's not how the Force works... you dont just get stronger forever and ever. Around the 30-40 mark you peak. Especially if your a cyborg with a third of his body missing and severe mental handicaps.

He might have become more skilled, but not more powerful. That is again pure speculation.

Edited by Beniboybling

If your saying that Sidious is not telling the truth, then I'd remind you that the Book of Sith is a canon-sourcebook disguised as an in-universe text.

Also, you are referring to Exar Kun as a Force ghost here, post absorbing the life force of the entire Massassi race, which resulted in his mortal death.

And I am distinctly referring to Aleema Keto, a Force user, whom we has unable to destroy.

It is still like Jedi Path, in Chee's words, only the collected histories and records with the opinions of those in it. He had to state this when someone asked him why Luke considered Yoda to be the most powerful Jedi that ever lived, despite Luke himself being exactly that.

It is still a Force Blast and he never died he wilfully left his body, technically he just ascended into an essence that was trapped on Yavin VI, not a Sith spirit but instead an essence like Sidious and Vitiate when switching bodies, his power was still clearly there as he could also have used his considerable Alchemical mastery to recreate his own body and become corporeal again.