Operatives are blowing my mind

themasterofevil

It blows my mind that operatives got a stupid good set bonus and a tactical that makes them the best PvP class for killing anything right now.

Exfiltrate has a 6s cooldown with set bonus and they get 2 Debilitate stun charges that they can also spec into have a lower cooldown. Veiled Strike does auto crit, triggers volatile substance which can also crit really hard and then get a 50-60k backstab auto crit without positioning requirements. This whole setup takes players down to 50% hp in just 3 button presses 90% of the time. You can break the first stun but you'll get stunned again and if you don't break the first stun you're dead anyway. There seems to be no way to really counter play at this point in time against this setup. PvP is full of operatives now just abusing how strong this tactical is along with the set bonus. Operative was in a fine place before; strong but not too strong and still able to hurt if you played it correctly. However, now you just have to press 3 buttons in the right order and you do nearly 100k in 2 GCDs, more than any other class that I've seen.

It blows my mind that operatives got a stupid good set bonus and a tactical that makes them the best PvP class for killing anything right now.

Exfiltrate has a 6s cooldown with set bonus and they get 2 Debilitate stun charges that they can also spec into have a lower cooldown.

That's not even the right setbonus. There's a better one...

and then get a 50-60k backstab auto crit without positioning requirements.

Not really 60k. Closer to 40k-45k. But your point has been made.

There seems to be no way to really counter play at this point in time against this setup. PvP is full of operatives now just abusing how strong this tactical is along with the set bonus. Operative was in a fine place before; strong but not too strong and still able to hurt if you played it correctly. However, now you just have to press 3 buttons in the right order and you do nearly 100k in 2 GCDs, more than any other class that I've seen.

Here's where I agree with you. There are a lot of FOTM rerollers. Fortunately, op still has a high"ish" skillcap. You can still die easily on operative.

Exfiltrate has a 6s cooldown with set bonus and they get 2 Debilitate stun charges that they can also spec into have a lower cooldown. Veiled Strike does auto crit, triggers volatile substance which can also crit really hard and then get a 50-60k backstab auto crit without positioning requirements. This whole setup takes players down to 50% hp in just 3 button presses 90% of the time. You can break the first stun but you'll get stunned again and if you don't break the first stun you're dead anyway. There seems to be no way to really counter play at this point in time against this setup. PvP is full of operatives now just abusing how strong this tactical is along with the set bonus. Operative was in a fine place before; strong but not too strong and still able to hurt if you played it correctly. However, now you just have to press 3 buttons in the right order and you do nearly 100k in 2 GCDs, more than any other class that I've seen.

Seriously lolyawn

If they only doing 50% what have you got to worry about?

I can pretty much 100-0 someone in seconds even in lowbies with 0 tacticals.

But seriously, Insta aids volatile tactical from stealth, use ur veiled to trigger, critstab, vanish & equip acid lash and spam lacerate

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HTYUmU67pLWv1a8/giphy.gif

Edited by Eastiano

Here's where I agree with you. There are a lot of FOTM rerollers. Fortunately, op still has a high"ish" skillcap. You can still die easily on operative.

Yeah, I think this is the main reason most have been complaining about sins rather than ops. I think ops are possibly better at the highest level, but it's harder to be good at op in the first place.

I’ve been a Scoundrel main for years. Never liked playing meta. Beating everyone you see makes the game boring and cause me to in turn get bored of the class. Hopefully, Scound and Shadow meta builds are nerfed without effecting non-meta ones. Edited by UltraFlashStar