About the Command XP (Renown) Reset

Aeternali

So, after a great deal of research, I have discovered that Command XP will be renamed Renown and reset back to 0 "with the season". I this correct?

Also, I have been spending money for CXP boosts just to have all of the progress reset?

The changing of the packs, removal of the tiers and other changes don't bother me as much as the 0 reset.

Why would I buy future boosts just to have it reset again.

Do you agree or like the reset to 0?

Do you agree or like the reset to 0?

What will it matter? There are two reasons for getting characters to rank 300 right now.

1. Higher rank means higher tier means better gear.

This won't matter with 6.0 since you'll get gear appropriate to your item rating whether at Renown rank 1 or 999 (yes, 999 will be the new max level). Yes, Renown will be reset with each integer update (not confirmed but this is what Eric used as an example for the seasonal reset), but since Renown rank will no longer matter in terms of drops a high Renown level only matters for achievements and rewards (if there are any) and bragging rights.

2. The achievements for getting all eight classes to rank 300.

These achievements will no longer be attainable after 6.0. They will be retired. So if you want those achievements, and anything that comes with them, then grind out those levels.

If you don't care about the achievements, and you don't care about the gear from the tier 4 crates, then there is no need to grind out those levels now. And since Renown won't be the primary means to acquire gear in 6.0, getting a crate will just be an extra chance at a drop, and your Renown rank won't matter in terms of the gear that you're getting, so aside from any possible achievements or rewards (as yet unknown) there is no purpose for a high Renown rank than to just have a high number.

It may not matter to you but it does to me.

Having spent time, effort and money to achieve rank 300 just to have it reset it problematic.

Further, there is also the 25% boost per mirrored class reaching rank 300 that may be going away as well.

It may not matter to you but it does to me.

Having spent time, effort and money to achieve rank 300 just to have it reset it problematic.

Further, there is also the 25% boost per mirrored class reaching rank 300 that may be going away as well.

I refer you to the Reddit AMA from June.

Question - “With Galactic Command becoming Galactic Renown, what will happen to the "Commanding Legacy" Legacy-Wide Unlock, and the Improved Command Experience I-V Character Perks? I know that the various Command Rank 300 achievements are being moved to Feats of Strength, but I didn't hear anything about that Legacy/Character Unlocks. Also, if we have a lot of the Command Boosts saved up, what will happen to those when Onslaught is released? Will they be converted to credits, or changed to a new boost?”

Answer -

Good call out here, here's where we are at:

• Character Command Perks are converted into Renown Perks

• Commanding Legacy: This is being converted to a permanent 25% boost to Renown Point for ALL ranks. It's losing it's stacking effect but now applies to every rank instead of stopping at the most valuable one (300).

• Any Command Boost Consumables will be converted to apply to Renown.

That's good to know.

What about the whole "reset with the season"?

Does this mean reset to 0 with the season or progress in the season tier is reset?

Here are a few other Q&A's from the AMA that will interest you. It was during a stream (the one that introduced Onslaught, IIRC) where Eric described the seasonal reset. Eric stated that Renown levels will periodically be reset to 0 and Renown rank can be viewed as a measure of one's time played during that season.

Question - “What will happen to CXP packs? Will CXP boost consumables still be a thing? If so, will they be refreshable (the current ones aren’t, which often leads to them falling off at the worst of times). Will XP boost consumables impact Renown gain? More generally, how will all of the various boosts interact?”

Answer -

• CXP Packs: Use these before 6.0! CXP Consumables will be going away. This delivery mechanism was a byproduct of the original CXP 5.0 launch that we weren't able to move away from. In 6.0 CXP (Renown) will be generated via content rewards, not consumables.

• CXP Boosts: Rebranded to Renown Boosts. Everything they currently do stays intact in the new system. I'll try to get some eyes on the refresh-able issue and see what we can do here.

• XP Boosts: Will impact Renown gain! Let me explain a little how this works below:

A portion of all Experience Points gained is converted into Renown Points. Any increases to experience points increases this. This Experience conversion is on top of the existing Renown Points. (Think of the XP conversion as a bonus on the existing values).

A renown boost will effect ALL renown gains. This means there's a world where an XP and Renown boost work together, if that's your thing!

Question - “What about existing command crates? What will happen with them? Also, the command tokens in your command stash? Will they convert into credits with the expansion or be lost?”

Answer -

Command Crates will stay as they are (Minus the CXP Consumable and Command Tokens). These crates will not scale with you and are still level 70.

Question - “Since the levels for Renown will all be equally good, does that mean the RXP it takes to get from level to level will remain static as well? (hopefully)”

Answer -

Yes, each level is static. There's no increase in Renown required when leveling up.