Nar Shaddaa Is To Hard

Exodiaj

Well the game basically lied. It says Nar Shaddaa is for levels between 20 and 24. I was 20 when I was given the option to go, thought it be safe to get a few more levels before I do. So I got my sorcerer to level 23, then I go to Nar Shaddaa, and big *********** surprise, almost died and got my *** kicked first enemy I saw.

This is actually unplayable, its TO HARD. Is there something I should know about that I'm doing wrong? Because if I can't progress any further because of the *********** difficulty I'm canceling my subscription.

Possibilities:

- You and/or your companion are underequipped

- You have not been to your classtrainer for a long while

- You have not spent talentpoints

- You have entered the +2 Heroic Area almost immediately after exiting your class hangar instead of going to the promenade and other places.

Nar Shaddaa is not too hard...

Edited by SpoeMeister

Well the game basically lied. It says Nar Shaddaa is for levels between 20 and 24. I was 20 when I was given the option to go, thought it be safe to get a few more levels before I do. So I got my sorcerer to level 23, then I go to Nar Shaddaa, and big *********** surprise, almost died and got my *** kicked first enemy I saw.

This is actually unplayable, its TO HARD. Is there something I should know about that I'm doing wrong? Because if I can't progress any further because of the *********** difficulty I'm canceling my subscription.

I suspect that your gear is too low for your level, because the early Nar Shaddaa content (i.e. not the Heroic content or the lvl 31 bonus series) is content that my Sorcerer was wading through at 22 with such ease, I think I saw him yawning at one point. The only way any of it was difficult was when he got jumped by a group of 3 mobs while Khem was out on a crafting mission.

There are a few things you could be doing wrong, but it might help to post with the following.

Are you letting Khem Val tank for you?

What is the level of your equipment?

What skill trees and skills are you specced for?

What rotation are you trying to use?

Did you happen to wander into the Heroic area that's right near the spaceport? That would certainly be "nearly impossible" for a solo player, at level 23. The rest of Nar Shaddaa should be fairly easy at that level.

If you are not in the heroic area and are having problems, then you probably need to look at your gear and/or your combat tactics to see what's going wrong, because you shouldn't be running into any impossible situations through the normal leveling content. I've leveled 4 characters through Nar Shaddaa, and none of them had any problems.

Wait until you get to some of the other planets... where quests deemed level X are actually harder than the ones deemed 2 levels higher than your level.

Basically it comes down to this... they are attempting to force you to play your character a little differently than you are used to. Some situations require a specific companion or crowd control or even kiting to be successful. Earlier levels it didn't matter as much. As you progress in the game, it does. Maybe some of your talents are better suited to certain types of mobs than others. I'm Force based so when I run across a mob that is Force immune, it means I have to resort to more melee abilities to kill it. Some mobs require that you interrupt certain abilities or you are basically toast. If you interrupt, they die, if you don't, you die.

Possibilities:

- You and/or your companion are underequipped

- You have not been to your classtrainer for a long while

- You have not spent talentpoints

- You have entered the +2 Heroic Area almost immediately after exiting your class hangar instead of going to the promenade and other places.

Nar Shaddaa is not too hard...

Damn it....

I presume you did all the Balmorra's mission including bonus mission? (once you finish your story line you can access bonus mission) Your gear should be decent and have a couple of orange pieces. You can buy MODS with your commendation and upgrade. at level 20 you shouldn't have any issue. My wife and I went there around 17 and did fine (solo and paired) because we overlook Balmorra ;)

If you done ALL the side quest on Balmorra and bonus, you should be around 21-22 and pretty good gear (no rest points and no heroics) with rest and or heroic, you will probably be around 22-24

There is fail with the class quests that give you two options to go to Nar and balmora I believe.

My first character went to nar Shaddaa first and while he made it through, I should have gone to balmora first, then nar Shadaa. By the time I finished nar, balmora was grey.

Edited by MightyHalo

There is fail with the class quests that give you two options to go to Nar and balmora I believe.

My first character went to nar Shaddaa first and while he made it through, I should have gone to balmora first, then nar Shadaa. By the time I finished nar, balmora was grey.

Yea. I think the class quest should have guide you to Balmorra first and once finish then you can go to Nar Shaddaa. But it does that later also when you can go to Tattooine and Alderann

Somebody troll this kid....

Somebody troll this kid....

Heh. All kidding aside, the OP needs to look at couple of things.

1. Are your gear up to date? Are you still using level 12 gear? Are they at LEAST level 18? (I can't remember the mods level at this time)

2. Is your companion's gear upto date? Is he/she still using starter gear?

Keep in mind that if your gear is NOT upto date, going in on an even fight (especially most normal mobs are in group of 2-4) WILL BE HARD.

What is your rotation? you can't just button mash all the time (especially on even level or against elite mobs) you will have to use your interrupts, stuns, CC (if you have any) to make your life easier.

The only character I ever found the Smuggler's Moon to be hard with was my AP powertech, and only then because all the class quests include enemies that are meat tanks and inflict armor ignoring damage on you constantly (Flamers and internal damage) and Mako can get stuck in her AI script doing silly things over and over instead of healing.

Now Tatooine on the other hand... On my Sage I died to the first gold enemy you run into (Start of the Czerka questline) and I can already see that the planet will be hell to any PT BH because of all the poison dart using sand people...

Then again, I'm pretty sure that I could've easily killed that elite with a different strategy (As indeed I did, after dying once I went defensive instead and let Quyzen rip his head off.)

In that level range, you basically get two choices that you can go through to progress levelwise, other than the actual class storyline. Republicwise, you get the same thing going through Tatooine and Alderaan- do all the quests in one planet, and the other one's mostly grey when you get there. This isn't a bad thing, it means you don't have to repeat the grind on the same worlds when leveling up.

Heh. All kidding aside, the OP needs to look at couple of things.

1. Are your gear up to date? Are you still using level 12 gear? Are they at LEAST level 18? (I can't remember the mods level at this time)

2. Is your companion's gear upto date? Is he/she still using starter gear?

Keep in mind that if your gear is NOT upto date, going in on an even fight (especially most normal mobs are in group of 2-4) WILL BE HARD.

What is your rotation? you can't just button mash all the time (especially on even level or against elite mobs) you will have to use your interrupts, stuns, CC (if you have any) to make your life easier.

Bleh. I'm a sucker for female avatars. I guess I'll help out too.

What gear slots have you filled? Did you make sure to purchase your commendation gear from the prior planet's vendor? Have you been gearing your companion with the gear you get from quests, because contrary to popular belief, it is NOT a good idea to pass those up for commendations. Did you pull a stupid like me and replace the weapon you got from Black Talon with some purple disguised PoS weapon you yanked from a collicoid's innards? Are all your mods at least Level 7 or higher? Did you make sure to train your class abilities every time you swing by the main town?

If the answer to those is, everything but implants, yes, no, yes, and yes, then you should be fine.

If the answer to those is, I'm missing a hat and earpiece, no, yes, no, and lolwut, then there's your problem.

If it's anything beyond that, then consider this trolling and ignore it.

Edited by Malles

Most of the cussing I did on Nar Shadda was getting the Datacrons..

Man this is funny.

OP, it's prob just your gear, companion, or you did stumble into a heroic area.

Edited by Zibit

Its the skills you are using and when your using them. You could be naked and still kill effectivly with time and companion at those lvl in nar shaddaa.

Take a long good look at your current skills and see which ones deal the most damage folloing cool down times and instant ones.

Realy only need to be spaming couple skills to kill anything at those levels.

Learn to send companion to attack first and wait till he lands first hit. This alone will give you few attacks before you pull aggro off companion to yourself.

Some heroics just arent soloable and realy depends your class when trying to do so.

My advice. Start buying orange modable gear. You will be wearing them till 50 long as you keep remoding them with what they need as you level and you will end up having higher stats then what quest completions will offer and even from vendors.

Buy some orange gear and collect commendation medals for the mod/armor/enchancements/hilts/barrels what ever your char may need and companion too.

Do that and you will see that alot of gear offered from quests or vendors will never be a real upgrade for yourself.

Fyi dont waste your time with crafting. Not worth it and huge waste of credits as everyone knows you eat mass amounts of credits as you gain lvls for spending on new skills. Crafting doesnt compete with pvp gear you can buy with commendations or getting from flashpoints.

I agree with humansheild. I have 3-4 crafters cause I am crazy like that.

Commendation is a best way to upgrade gear.

7 tokens for barrels and plates

2 tokens for enhancement and mods (this is by far the CHEAPEST way to upgrade than buying from GTN)