Which Partisan Gear for Gunslinger?

Oteefo

I am assuming I need either the Field Tech or Professional.....but what is the over all difference between these two? And why does their "set list" have all 10 parts from both sets, rather than 5, like the Enforcer and Medic set?

Doesn't matter your just buying the piece for the armoring to begin with and they both have the same set bonus. Your gonna have to min/max either way with bought mods and enhancements.

Just make sure and get the same set throughout, they probably work both ways but I haven't tried it.

Disagree on all counts.

(1) You can definitely mix and match between Field Tech and Professional. No effect on the set bonus.

(2) Even if you eventually replace all the mods and enhancements, getting a reasonable first-cut statting is important because it will take a *long* time to fully optimize. I suggest Field Tech belt, bracers, gloves, boots, and hat and Professional pants, chest, MK-2 implants, and weapons (also Enforcer ear). This leaves only one Crit piece (gloves), only one Alacrity piece (hat, but every single hat has it), and as much Accuracy as possible. You'll still want to replace at least that one Alacrity enhancement with Accuracy and possibly a Surge one or two as well, but that leaves you with reasonable statting during the long grind of full Conq and then full X mods.

Edited by flem

Disagree on all counts.

(1) You can definitely mix and match between Field Tech and Professional. No effect on the set bonus.

(2) Even if you eventually replace all the mods and enhancements, getting a reasonable first-cut statting is important because it will take a *long* time to fully optimize. I suggest Field Tech belt, bracers, gloves, boots, and hat and Professional pants, chest, MK-2 implants, and weapons (also Enforcer ear). This leaves only one Crit piece (gloves), only one Alacrity piece (hat, but every single hat has it), and as much Accuracy as possible. You'll still want to replace at least that one Alacrity enhancement with Accuracy and possibly a Surge one or two as well, but that leaves you with reasonable statting during the long grind of full Conq and then full X mods.

This ^

In all counts, get whatever has more Power IMHO. Usually that seems to be Professional. Basically, my usual thing is to look at the Conqueror pieces to see what has Power, then get that from Partisan.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed after posting (and, unfortunately, long after buying) that we should be going Enforcer for wrist and belt as well: these have the more optimized 28 mods instead of 28A.

In fact, after finishing Conq you can start buying a bunch of bracers to replace all mods with non-A versions.