Why Bowdaar?!

DomiSotto

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want new companion customizations more than anything else! BUT....

WHY BOWDAAR?! WHY?!!!

There have been several new companion customizations released through various methods. It was his turn to get one. What's the big deal? Frankly, since you can't change his look with armor, companions like Bowdaar are most in need of customization options. Not sure why this would ruin anyone's day. It might be time to switch to decaf, lol.

It did not ruin my day. I was spoofing all the other threads about no happiness for any new features. I do find it ironic that from all companions it's Bowdaar, who is not going to change much at all, while most romanceable companions for a female PC need significant improvement. Particularly compared to the male pc romances who all have customizations one prettier than another, and nearly every species choice in the game.

I mean, a male char starts looking at customizations, and it's like: Do I want her to be gorgeous blonde or amazing read-head, or a smoldering brunette? A female char is like... Okay, which one I can look at without wincing? And only one has a BT3, and that a one-night stand. And then Bio goes and plants drop-dead gorgeous males all over the game, without flirting options. Most of them you get to kill too. YAY!

Edited by DomiSotto

Okay, aside from being totally-not-shocked that a thread title 'Why Bowdaar?' immediately skipped over to complaints about lack of romance options....

I find all Aric's customization very ugly.

...in your opinion. I rather enjoy a few of them, which is on par for the rest of the companions.

So, a couple of conventionally attractive Cathars, to look more like that Jedi Master on Tython who takes the baby off your hands would be well, nice.

1: He's your example of an attractive Cathar?

2: He's the old-style Cathar that doesn't use the new textures and models.

3: You know he totally eats that baby when you leave, right?

As well as Iresso as a Miri or a Torguta...

Very unlikely to happen. The companion species are sort of part of their characters.

just more proof bioware doesn't hear anything the player base tells them and are too busy making worthless cash shop items that no one wanted. really bioware is doing a great job helping wildstar become huge.

They’ve slowly been adding more Companion Customizations recently and it looks like there will be at least one new one per pack or event going forward. FYI this is a good thing. The newest one that comes along might not be one that you specifically want but there’s a chance that someone else wants it.

I thought it was weird that they added a new Khem customization when he already has more than every other companion, but the new one is done really well and the texture work on it is noticeably different (with max settings) compared to his vanilla customizations. The new Bowdaar is similar with the bits of grey hair worked through his fur. The new Blizz customization was great too.

T7 was really the only one lacking of the 4. He just looks too similar to his default look. It seems like the idea behind it was what if T7 had what little paint and gloss he has removed. Felt like they could’ve done something a bit more detailed or elaborate. I imagine the point of it was to make T7 look a bit duller and less flashy but that’s kind of what his default look already is compared to his 1-4 customizations.

I still don’t know why they don’t allow HK’s customizations to be freely used between HK, SCORPIO, 2V-R8, and C2-N2. They’re all humanoid models. Like why is it that HK can use any NPC bipedal droid model and SCORPIO + the ship droids can’t? I love seeing the ship droids getting those new crimson customizations but it makes me curious why they don’t have any customizations that change their meshes and only their textures. Like is there something preventing that from being possible? I can’t imagine what it would be though.

As far as Aric goes he’s already had 3 customizations added to him recently. “They’re all ugly though!” Too bad, at least they’ve added some for him compared to SCORPIO who has none. Not to mention the large majority of Companion Customizations look ugly. Often times their default look is better than any customization. That’s not really a surprise though.

And, non-human species changes for the humans TOO!

My wet dream is the flexible appearance companion customization.

Just open the damnable terminal for the companions without unlocking the race to the PC! Extra CC for species change (I can deal with Rona being related to Riggs through marriage not by blood, during the 5 min of the game (out of 3+ months playing with him) his species might have slight bearing on the story), less CCs to shave off the "I am a sleaze, dontccha know it?" beard off Doc, and super-CCs for making them Premium races like Torguta (then I can happily abandon my M!Inquisitor) and Nautolan (that species can make even Doc appeal).

I can’t imagine they’ll ever let you change a companion’s race given that the majority of them if not all of them acknowledge their race at some point. It's not like the player where you are playing your class instead of your race, ie if you're a JK you're the Hero of Tython, the BH is The Champion of The Great Hunt, etc, etc. That's part of the reason why the player's race is almost completely cosmetic.

I just don't see them allowing you to change a character like Jaesa's race given that you're forced to interact with her Human parents.

As much as I want to see a Companion Barber Shop I know that Body Type isn't something you'd ever get control over since the companion cutscenes are framed around their existing height. For instance changing Make from BT1 to BT3 would cause her head to be cropped out of so many shots in cutscenes with her.

It did not ruin my day. I was spoofing all the other threads about no happiness for any new features. I do find it ironic that from all companions it's Bowdaar, who is not going to change much at all,

Did you not notice that the 4 companion customizations from the Starfighter packs were all characters who can't wear visible armor? Probably just a coincidence huh?

while most romanceable companions for a female PC need significant improvement. Particularly compared to the male pc romances who all have customizations one prettier than another, and nearly every species choice in the game.

Is that really a surprise given the game staff and player base? As in both are male dominated.

I mean, a male char starts looking at customizations, and it's like: Do I want her to be gorgeous blonde or amazing read-head, or a smoldering brunette? A female char is like... Okay, which one I can look at without wincing? And only one has a BT3, and that a one-night stand. And then Bio goes and plants drop-dead gorgeous males all over the game, without flirting options. Most of them you get to kill too. YAY!

Human customizations are always going to be hit and miss without having some sort of Barber Shop for them because they might have a face you like but a hairstyle that you hate.

Okay, everyone posts outraged posts about all the new things that are coming, so I am going to shout out mine:

WHY BOWDAAR?! WHY?!!!

There are so many companions who need new custom overlays (ARIC!!!! The only UGLY Cathar in the Galaxy & the only alien romance for a female PC), not to mention the overlays that would change human/near-human companions into other species (see the only alien romance for a female PC) or Guss into a Nautolan (because that would be AWSOME!!!), why on Earth Bowdaar? A Wookie is a Wookie is a Wookie!!!!

Alright, if you always wanted Bowdaar customization, I apologize. :)

P.S: Or, if Bowdaar's Romance is coming, again, I apologize. I suppose it's one way to save on voicing. :p

If you get the customization, you'll notice the detail on it is much better than the original ones - Bowdaar's fur looks much more realistic, as well as his "hair" and "facial hair."

In short, they made a Wookie look more Wookie-like in a Star Wars game. I think that's a good thing.

Edited by arunav

The argument that companion's race is embedded in their personality is really funny. I don't remember Zenith ever saying anything about his Twilikness, and Riggs or Tharan about his human-ness. In fact, even PC's species ain't acknowledged much. The only ones who insisted on their otherness so far were the monster types. And they are staying the way thy are... and seeing Customization is player-driven, if it is a part of their personality for you... GREAT! Save your coins. My companion shows to you as DomiSotto's Companion, so you don't have to guess who's the cool Torguta male trailing behind my char.

I can’t imagine they’ll ever let you change a companion’s race given that the majority of them if not all of them acknowledge their race at some point. It's not like the player where you are playing your class instead of your race, ie if you're a JK you're the Hero of Tython, the BH is The Champion of The Great Hunt, etc, etc. That's part of the reason why the player's race is almost completely cosmetic.

I just don't see them allowing you to change a character like Jaesa's race given that you're forced to interact with her Human parents.

As much as I want to see a Companion Barber Shop I know that Body Type isn't something you'd ever get control over since the companion cutscenes are framed around their existing height. For instance changing Make from BT1 to BT3 would cause her head to be cropped out of so many shots in cutscenes with her.

In all the SP games, you could change anything you wanted about the companion. It is up to a player to decide how much that 1 line of dialogue is going to impact his or her gaming experience for months and months and months of the game. Look, the world is in the aftermath of a war.

I am sure plenty adoptions has happened, there are hybrids everywhere (apparently even Twileks can interbred with humans), and most relationships can be by marriage, not by blood. That's for parental appearances, that do not happen to every companion (why Iresso has to be impacted because we meet Jaesa's parents?) and all others are even easier.

Again, abandoning a lucrative, player-driven fun because of one line of dialogue is simply awkward.

As for Barber Shop, again, as you have acutely noticed, it is exceedingly awkward to let some guy in Houston decide what I consider droolable and wait for years for a decent custom. If the BT is such a problem, well Okay, forbid the BT - or WARN that BT will damage the kissing. Again, I will pick having the companion look the way I want him to look for months and months of gaming over a few minute of a cutscene. I kind of doubt that cutscenes will be a problem much because the cutscenes where the characters are together are set for the PC as well, and PC can be BT3, so almost of a height.

Scroll to the bottom http://dulfy.net/2014/05/08/swtor-na...-vendor-items/

When your other post title gets truncated it reads as "A Flexible Companion..." and my mind goes into the gutter

Heh, of the gutter it was born, in the gutter it shall lead... And case in point - a pretty, pretty Mako, a heart-breaking beauty for Elara and... WAIT FOR IT! The female player gets a choice between Mohawk or horrid mustache on Doc. GREAT. First beard, now a mustache?!!! Does Bio hate female players SO MUCH that our only RI on a Knight has to look like a pimp or like a pimp from the Old West? Honestly, do involve a female in this, or at least get that male who designed appearances for male companions in KOTOR2. because your Bio is hopeless. I really hope they are not deliberately mean, honestly, I do.

If you get the customization, you'll notice the detail on it is much better than the original ones - Bowdaar's fur looks much more realistic, as well as his "hair" and "facial hair."

In short, they made a Wookie look more Wookie-like in a Star Wars game. I think that's a good thing.

Awesome. Great. Bio can go on and create non near-human overlays their designers obviously LOVE working with. Just give the player an option to design the other companions. Everyone happy - the designers, the players, the companions...

Just think about the coins Bio can make! YAY! I mean, we spend hours creating a character to our liking, and we still get re-customization options. Now, how much more likely it is that we do not like the companions we are given and that look exactly the same for you and me and Jenny over there? MUCH more likely. I pay for overlays, well, I'd rather pay more, much more and get the companion looks I LOVE rather than can live with, and that will look unique.

Edited by DomiSotto

The argument that companion's race is embedded in their personality is really funny. I don't remember Zenith ever saying anything about his Twilikness, and Riggs or Tharan about his human-ness.

Trying to avoid spoilers here:

Corso talks about his sister... and you meet her. Zenith might not mention his race, but a few other characters do. Same with Tanno and Skadge. Mako... um... has her race confirmed multiple times. Elara was an Imperial officer and Quinn, Temple, Pierce, Talos, Vector and Lokin are currently officers or ranking officials in the anti-alien Empire*. Kaliyo's background is based on her race. Vette's race is mentioned repeatedly, by others and by her, plus you get to meet her sister... and her mother. You get to meet Jaesa's parents. Xalek's race is mentioned and made into a plot point. Kira... has a background only compatible with Humans. Risha's race is also established by her ancestry. You also get to see one of Torian's parents.

For Scourge, Broonmark, Gault, Blizz, Qyzen, Bowdaar, Yuun, Forex, Khem, and Nadia, their race is a defining factor of the character.

When we're done, there are only a few that don't get weird when you change their race. From a quick check, I think it comes down to: Theran, Akaavi, Doc, Rusk, Iresso and maybe Guss (he has the semi-distinctive speech pattern of a Mon Cal).

Is it worth trying to support species changes for such a small collection? To achieve.... what?

I mean, I like the idea of adding more customization and variety to the game... but I'd just rather they spend their time adding to areas that have a bit more impact. I'd especially prefer it spent on other areas rather than make contradictions in the existing characters.

[ * ] Sure, exceptions exist, but they are almost universally noted as exceptions.

The argument that companion's race is embedded in their personality is really funny.

Who said it effects their personality?

Regardless I'll say that Blizz, Khem, and Bowdaar are all pretty stereotypical of their races are they not?

I don't remember Zenith ever saying anything about his Twilikness, and Riggs or Tharan about his human-ness.

Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it's not there. I also seriously doubt you've seen every dialogue option they have to offer. Even if you esc out of cutscenes and retry them.

[in fact, even PC's species ain't acknowledged much.

From the part of my post that you quoted...

It's not like the player where you are playing your class instead of your race, ie if you're a JK you're the Hero of Tython, the BH is The Champion of The Great Hunt, etc, etc. That's part of the reason why the player's race is almost completely cosmetic.

...how did that slip past you?

You play your class, not your race. The stories were written long before the playable races were nailed down. Many of the cutscenes were written, programmed, and scripted before the races were nailed down. This is another major part of why your race is almost never acknowledged and why there isn't alot of physical variety between races.

The only ones who insisted on their otherness so far were the monster types. And they are staying the way thy are...

Why is it okay for the "monsters" to stay the way they are?

and seeing Customization is player-driven, if it is a part of their personality for you... GREAT! Save your coins. My companion shows to you as DomiSotto's Companion, so you don't have to guess who's the cool Torguta male trailing behind my char.

I am sure plenty adoptions has happened, there are hybrids everywhere (apparently even Twileks can interbred with humans), and most relationships can be by marriage, not by blood. That's for parental appearances, that do not happen to every companion (why Iresso has to be impacted because we meet Jaesa's parents?) and all others are even easier.

I don't care if players could/can change comp races or not, it's something that could have it's uses and create greater variety. I'm just explaining to you why I don't think it's going to happen.

Oh and FYI if you want to be able to fully customize a companion as a Togruta, then Togruta is going to need to be a playable race because as it stands right now there's only two Togruta meshes in the game, a male and a female one, both of which only use a single body type per gender too. For instance unlike Nautolans there are no Body Type 3 Togruta. There is no cusomization system for the non playable species in place. They need to be built like the Cathar were. It's why the Vanilla Cathar NPC faces aren't playable. Those particular faces were made to be NPCS and didn't function the way player heads/faces did.

In all the SP games, you could change anything you wanted about the companion.

What Bioware game has allowed you customize your companions look the way you can with your player character?

If the BT is such a problem, well Okay, forbid the BT - or WARN that BT will damage the kissing. Again, I will pick having the companion look the way I want him to look for months and months of gaming over a few minute of a cutscene.

Omg, are you serious? That is NOT the only problem changing their BT would cause.

If you spent any significant amount of time modding games you'd know that's not how it works. Not everything is as simple as an option or a checkbox. You can easily mess up a number of things by changing one little thing.

I kind of doubt that cutscenes will be a problem much because the cutscenes where the characters are together are set for the PC as well, and PC can be BT3, so almost of a height.

Yeah because they were designed the body types for the player. When creating the cutscenes they knew the players could chose from BTs 1-4, so everything was designed with that in mind, although there are still some shots that BT3 blocks due to the wide shoulders. However they never planned on companion's BTs being any different than what they originally intended.

A close up shot on Mako's face is set at a specific X - Y position. If you change her model, the framing of the camera still stays at the exact same position, so if you changed her from BT1 to BT3, nearly every tight shot of her face would be focused on her chin.

This is one of those things you do not know about. You don't know how this stuff works. You don't work in game development. You're just like so many other entitled gamers who love to assume things, but when corrected you either snap back or say "well I didn't know" yet pass off your assumptions as if they were fact. If you didn't know, why say it with such certainty?

Heh, of the gutter it was born, in the gutter it shall lead... And case in point - a pretty, pretty Mako, a heart-breaking beauty for Elara and... WAIT FOR IT! The female player gets a choice between Mohawk or horrid mustache on Doc. GREAT. First beard, now a mustache?!!! Does Bio hate female players SO MUCH that our only RI on a Knight has to look like a pimp or like a pimp from the Old West? Honestly, do involve a female in this, or at least get that male who designed appearances for male companions in KOTOR2. because your Bio is hopeless. I really hope they are not deliberately mean, honestly, I do.

I want companion customization as much as you do, but having same gender romances also opens up another avenue of variety as well. Just saying.

Awesome. Great. Bio can go on and create non near-human overlays their designers obviously LOVE working with. Just give the player an option to design the other companions. Everyone happy - the designers, the players, the companions...

Yeah and I'm sure it would be a super easy thing to just drop right into the game too.

If they are going to do a Companion Customization feature it's going to take awhile or be the type of thing they're going to want to sit on until they do another big cusomization update.

Just think about the coins Bio can make! YAY! I mean, we spend hours creating a character to our liking, and we still get re-customization options. Now, how much more likely it is that we do not like the companions we are given and that look exactly the same for you and me and Jenny over there? MUCH more likely. I pay for overlays, well, I'd rather pay more, much more and get the companion looks I LOVE rather than can live with, and that will look unique.

Yeah and what about same gender romance, or hood toggle, or being able to make any piece of gear adaptable, or any one of another hundred things that players ask for all the time?

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Okay, everyone posts outraged posts about all the new things that are coming, so I am going to shout out mine:

WHY BOWDAAR?! WHY?!!!

There are so many companions who need new custom overlays (ARIC!!!! The only UGLY Cathar in the Galaxy & the only alien romance for a female PC), not to mention the overlays that would change human/near-human companions into other species (see the only alien romance for a female PC) or Guss into a Nautolan (because that would be AWSOME!!!), why on Earth Bowdaar? A Wookie is a Wookie is a Wookie!!!!

Alright, if you always wanted Bowdaar customization, I apologize. :)

P.S: Or, if Bowdaar's Romance is coming, again, I apologize. I suppose it's one way to save on voicing. :p

Aric shows his gear, Bowdar does not. companions who don't display gear have only Customizations as a way to change their appearance.

Because as of now he's the only Wookiee companion. Anyone who knows anything about Star Wars loved their wookiees. Whether that means hugging them or hunting them. Or both, if you're a trandoshan.

Because as of now he's the only Wookiee companion. Anyone who knows anything about Star Wars loved their wookiees. Whether that means hugging them or hunting them. Or both, if you're a trandoshan.

Honestly? Chewbacca was fine, but neither one out of three Wookies in the Bio games were all that interesting. Yeah, he's sweet enough. 1000 kills, then missions running... oh, well.

Don't remeber who asked about which game you could change character appearance in? Every bio SP game had an Override folder which could be easily used in the BG, IWD and NWN-NWN2 series. Not JE, I suppose. Heck, I even managed to replace the Nameless One with Fall from Grace avatar and re-wrote and replayed the whole starting area with a female PC in that game. It was not the animations, it was re-write that killed my Nameless Lady :D

I have modded BG1, BG2, IWD2 and NWN2 in early 2000's. I am just coming back to gaming after a few year's hiatus. I've played KOTOR2 with RC in one breath, and SWTOR is my first ever MMO.

Corso talks about his sister... and you meet her.

No, Rona is Riggs' cousin, and can be related through marriage.

Same with Tanno and Skadge. Mako... um... has her race confirmed multiple times. Elara was an Imperial officer and Quinn, Temple, Pierce, Talos, Vector and Lokin are currently officers or ranking officials in the anti-alien Empire*.

Who says any other race can't use implants? I am Okay with Mako saying she has a bunch of tech implanted into her with a different species. Those who are not... keep her as she is. Problems? The officers, as you said, exception happens, it's again a player's choice. Heck, if we can have a Zabrack as a Sith Warrior, we can have Malavai as a Chiss.

Kaliyo's background is based on her race. Vette's race is mentioned repeatedly, by others and by her, plus you get to meet her sister... and her mother.

I would never worry about either Kalyio and Vette. But look! Even the quintessential Rattataki's species, Ventress, the very first one (!) was retconned to a half-Zab. Why not by a willing individual player? If you can come up with a justification in your headcanon and can play it and it makes your game better... change Vette into anything, 'tis not a skin off my nose! Even though I would keep both just the way they are with one of many pretty custom overlays they have.

You get to meet Jaesa's parents. Xalek's race is mentioned and made into a plot point. Kira... has a background only compatible with Humans. Risha's race is also established by her ancestry. You also get to see one of Torian's parents.

Adoptions work for parents or half-breeds, and Kira's background is perfect for a PB Sith. Exception happen in the military, and I can live without it being mentioned. I don't think Killik's are choosy about what species they chose to Join. But I actually would leave Vector on Custom Overlays if they can add one with shiny black eyes, not the dead dull eyes.

For Scourge, Broonmark, Gault, Blizz, Qyzen, Bowdaar, Yuun, Forex, Khem, and Nadia, their race is a defining factor of the character.

I am only talking about near-human companions., not the special species, monster companions. As for Nadia... I am very happy to count her among that group - but if a player can resolve it... GREAT! :p

When we're done, there are only a few that don't get weird when you change their race. From a quick check, I think it comes down to: Theran, Akaavi, Doc, Rusk, Iresso and maybe Guss (he has the semi-distinctive speech pattern of a Mon Cal).

Tharan, his name is Tharan. Sorry, this misspelling is a bit annoying. That's 3 female romantic interests right there.

Is it worth trying to support species changes for such a small collection? To achieve.... what?

Three goals:

-companion cloning elimination

-so the designer in Houston does not have to decide what's handsome to me

-to add species variety to female player romances at a fraction of a cost it takes to produce new romances

You may not get it, but it would have meant so much to me if Riggs was a Twilek... because my Smuggler is, and Numen Brock disappeared into the thin air.

@DarthObvious - so you are not against, just explaining why it's not going to happen. Well, I want it more than the hood. I gave up on my Lekku. And it will cost less and is more feasible than opening female companions' romances to the female PC. Because you know, it is easier to lock out BT change for companions (seem to be the only technical problem) than to do extra voicing. I don't think SGRs retcons are likely to happen. Customization... well, one can really, really, really wish upon the star.

Plus, with a female romance it is a bit of a different problem for me. I am fine with romancing Kalyio BUT I also would love Iresso to be a Mirialian or Malavai - a Chiss, or Torian as a Zabrack. On the first run through. Heck, if Doc was a Torguta, I would be playing a Knight right now!

And Aric, for the sake of all that is holy, Aric!

I mean, when you look at Aric, when you look at a boring cast of female romances, them working on Bowdaar's overlay, or adding horrid mustache on an otherwise perfectly handsome Doc does feel... sad. Just sad. Why among 8 classes I can't romance one handsome male alien?! Sure, in the ideal world it would be Zenith (aww... that voice, that passion, that personality, that ideal match for the F!Con....) or Bao-Dur's like character but I would take a reasonable substitute. Like Iresso as a Miri (or a Torguta if we up the stakes).

Edited by DomiSotto

Don't remeber who asked about which game you could change character appearance in? Every bio SP game had an Override folder which could be easily used in the BG, IWD and NWN-NWN2 series.

Those are Mods, not built in game functionality like you're asking for. Explain to me how someone playing a Bioware game on their Xbox/Playstation alters their companions appearance?

SWTOR doesn't support mods. If it did you wouldn't need Bioware to build what you're asking for.

and SWTOR is my first ever MMO.

That's not really a shock.

@DarthObvious - so you are not against, just explaining why it's not going to happen. Well, I want it more than the hood. I gave up on my Lekku. And it will cost less and is more feasible than opening female companions' romances to the female PC. Because you know, it is easier to lock out BT change for companions (seem to be the only technical problem) than to do extra voicing. I don't think SGRs retcons are likely to happen. Customization... well, one can really, really, really wish upon the star.

Omg.

The above is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier in that you do not know what you're talking about. You just assume things and pass your opinion(s) off as fact.

SGR don't require the amount of work you think they do. People have been able to mod them into to prior Bioware games. It's not difficult, it's simply a checkbox getting X companion to recognize you as a different gender. The part that does take a bit of work is the player voice, as there is none for certain romance combinations, but what modders have done is cut apart existing lines of dialogue and used them to fill in what's not there and it sounds perfectly fine. You wouldn't know any better unless someone told you.

That's one solution that doesn't require any new voice acting to be done.

The other solution is to recording the missing dialogue with the class voice actors. The Companions don't really require it. They rarely use gender specific terms and the ones they do can easily be edited out or another gender neutral line of theirs could be used in it's place. Anyways recording new dialogue for the class voice actors is NOT expensive. This is a extremely common misconception.

James Ohlen confirmed at GDC one year that expensive voice acting was a misconception and that Bioware has done so much voice acting in their games that they know how to do it cheaply. What he was referring to was the fact that they have certain actors under contract. This means that the actors are paid a contract fee and not a per session fee and as a result Bioware can bring them in to the studio to record as much as possible. This is why you hear certain actors like Steve Blum, Jennifer Hale, Cam Clarke, etc, across all Bioware's games. They're under contract.

Also they've had the class voice actors back in the studio long after the outcry for SGRs. Courtney Woods confirmed that all the dialogue from the recent Flashpoints is all new stuff. It's not old re-purposed content like a lot of people believed. In other words there's a chance that they've already recorded all the SGR stuff at this point just incase they do decide to go back and make it a feature. They've had the class actors back enough to knock that kind of thing out while they've got them there.

You don't know what is and what isn't more expensive to do. You don't know what's easier or harder to do. You're just assuming all the things you want are easy, simply because you want them.

And Aric, for the sake of all that is holy, Aric!

I mean, when you look at Aric, when you look at a boring cast of female romances, them working on Bowdaar's overlay, or adding horrid mustache on an otherwise perfectly handsome Doc does feel... sad. Just sad. Why among 8 classes I can't romance one handsome male alien?! Sure, in the ideal world it would be Zenith (aww... that voice, that passion, that personality, that ideal match for the F!Con....) or Bao-Dur's like character but I would take a reasonable substitute. Like Iresso as a Miri (or a Torguta if we up the stakes).

Even if you could romance whatever male character you wanted to they're still in general not as interesting as the female characters tend to be, and that's across all Bioware games. The stand out characters are almost never the male companions. For instance in the original KOTOR HK-47 was the stand out. In Dragon Age it was Morrigan. In most cases in Bioware games the most interesting male characters aren't ones who are companions. Scourge does stand out among the male comps in this game but his own backstory sort makes a romance impossible.

You assume too much - which is what you suggest I am doing. It is normal, if ironic. :)

I disagree about your opinions on my preferences. My favorite companion here is Zenith, and nothing, absolutely nothing beats KOTOR2 male companion cast for me EVER. HK-47 never was a big thing for me personally, a two-joke wonder I dropped because he was a bore. Never did his quest in KOTOR2, nor intend to do it here. But I will pay twice the sub fee and run another Con if I could romance Zenith. In fact, I am probably going to play another Con, so I could play with Zenith without worrying about the others' achievements.

As for me not knowing anything, well, honestly, your opinion that making more voicework is easier and cheaper than opening a customization terminal to the companions is no more substantiated than mine. I am wondering if shoul make a drive or flight to Vancouver this Friday to ask, because Bio is not interested in commenting, but Bio generally picks up the threads that ally with their current interests. Female romances are obviously done and we won't get anything more.

But really, any romance is possible. And the less likely it is, the more interesting it will be. It's the possible, predictable romances that are boring. Like Iresso - well written, very real, and sweet. But epic? Stirring? Emotional? Hardly.

Edited by DomiSotto

I disagree about your opinions on my preferences. My favorite companion here is Zenith, and nothing, absolutely nothing beats KOTOR2 male companion cast for me EVER. HK-47 never was a big thing for me personally, a two-joke wonder I dropped because he was a bore. Never did his quest in KOTOR2, nor intend to do it here. But I will pay twice the sub fee and run another Con if I could romance Zenith. In fact, I am probably going to play another Con, so I could play with Zenith without worrying about the others' achievements.

I wasn't talking about you. It's not always about just you and what you want.

HK-47 was a big hit with the majority of people who played KOTOR. Morrigan was a hit with the majority of people who played Dragon Age. There's a reason why HK was the first non class companion added and why he got his very own pre-rendered trailer. There's a reason why it was a big deal when Morrigan was revealed in that E3 Dragon Age Inquisition trailer, and why a lot of fans were happy when it was revealed that she would be a party member.

As for me not knowing anything, well, honestly, your opinion that making more voicework is easier and cheaper than opening a customization terminal to the companions is no more substantiated than mine.

Yeah nice try.

There's factual evidence to back up the fact that voice acting isn't expensive. You said it was expensive, which was a flat out lie.

Also how clueless do you have to be to believe that recording a few lines of dialogue is the harder, more difficult, or more expensive of the two options?

"Hey Nolan, while we've got you here could you say this, this, and this?"

"Uh...okay."

"Line 1"

"Line 2"

"Line 3"

Wow that took all of five whole minutes. Actually not even 5 mintues.

Like I said earlier chances are that they already have SGR dialogue recorded. Whether they actually do anything with those recordings remains to be seen.

I am wondering if shoul make a drive or flight to Vancouver this Friday to ask, because Bio is not interested in commenting,

What percentage of threads that get made do you believe Bioware actually make a post in?

but Bio generally picks up the threads that ally with their current interests.

No they don't.

Female romances are obviously done and we won't get anything more.

From Makeb forward nearly all Flirt options have been unisex.

If you're talking about companion characters then the same statement also applies to Male characters as well.

But really, any romance is possible. And the less likely it is, the more interesting it will be. It's the possible, predictable romances that are boring.

Tell that to Scourge. He can't feel anything.

Like Iresso - well written, very real, and sweet. But epic? Stirring? Emotional? Hardly.

No, Iresso is fairly boring, even when the romance.

Peace is a Lie...

You know, the Sith code is kinda funny, since it never actually talks about negative emotions. So... if you're really, really passionate about painting... could you be a Sith Lord Artist?

you know, the sith code is kinda funny, since it never actually talks about negative emotions. So... If you're really, really passionate about painting... Could you be a sith lord artist?

Well... :D

!! SPOILERS FOR THE JK ENDING BELOW ; YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !!