ETA on Advanced Class change?

A modicum of effort? It takes me roughly 2 months or more to reach 55 from scratch, and that's if I played most nights in a week, which I don't care to do. Personally, I don't like the double-xp events because you end up skipping so many of the story quests, which to me are the best part of the game, even after playing it for over 2 years.

I myself have limited time to play and I do not speed level when I level a new character, as I find the journey to be more important than the destination. That said, I have yet to have it take me 2 months to reach max level. This is my experience only.

Additionally: there is a consequence of not allowing for AC change - armors that are removed from either PVE or PVP. If you have older characters and would rather play the other AC, there is no way to attain the same look you like on your character.

My trooper looks great - he just has the wrong AC. I would like to pay some coins to switch him to a Commando.

I understand the desire to continue to play a character who has unique and no longer obtainable items. I have put forth a suggested compromise that would allow those players with unique and no longer obtainable items to keep those items and still address many of the concerns that those against class changes have expressed.

BW can set policy on limits for changing. I think 2 makes sense for a given character, since it allows for making a change, then switching back if you think you made a mistake.

BW already set the policy regarding limits on class changes. That limit is zero. Yet, here we are, in a 440+ page thread, full of people asking that the limit BW has already set be changed or removed.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I don't. The gist of my argument boils down to allowing more choice. It just seems like restriction for restriction's sake. If you admit that swapping from heals to dps isn't a big deal, why not go all the way? Who gets hurt? And how much money does BW/EA stand to make in the Cartel Market?

BW has already stated that they do not want a single character to be able to heal, DPS and tank, at any time, not just at the same time. This is why they set up the AC's such that no AC can fill all three roles. Allowing class changes would negate that design intent.

Let's look at WoW. WoW is selling level 90 characters for $60. That's level 90, not "max level". I know that 90 is max level now, but when the new expansion is released, max level will be 100 and level 90 will still be the level you can purchase.

If BW sold class changes for 8000 CC's (about $60), how many people would be here crying that they were too expensive? How about 5500 CC's (about $40)?

What could BW charge in order to:

Satisfy those who want to play a new class, but are too averse to the effort required to level it?

Satisfy those who think that some things should be earned and that new classes fall into that category?

See a reasonable return on their investment, especially if they limit the number of class changes to two?

I didn't care about this because I could alwas reroll but so often my Sith assassin changed I would like to change him, he was my first toon and has alotn of achievements I would lose if i rerolled....or just change dark wars back to the way it was before the weird Holocron animation

We all know what they said at launch that would never allow it . but a few months back they said they are looking into doing it . if i could find that comment again i would link it .

it won't hurt any thing or anyone if they do . look at it this way if was not there to start with then no one could complain if it was changed or not ..

You don't need a class changes any way to dual spec that's whole thing about .. dual spec really has nothing to do with class change .

Even wow DS does not allow class change on the FLY . you have to pay for it .

some in this post make going from DPS to healer or dps to another dps spec sound like it is Advanced class change but that would be DS . but if it was worded diff like being able to take a dps on the fly and make it a tank when all that class can do to start with is heal and DPS or only DPS is Advanced class change .

Yea i know in a way we can DS but it needs to be improved so it saves quick bars etc .

NEVER SAY NEVER then it happens .

Edited by tanktest

BW has already stated that they do not want a single character to be able to heal, DPS and tank, at any time, not just at the same time. This is why they set up the AC's such that no AC can fill all three roles. Allowing class changes would negate that design intent.

Let's look at WoW. WoW is selling level 90 characters for $60. That's level 90, not "max level". I know that 90 is max level now, but when the new expansion is released, max level will be 100 and level 90 will still be the level you can purchase.

If BW sold class changes for 8000 CC's (about $60), how many people would be here crying that they were too expensive? How about 5500 CC's (about $40)?

What could BW charge in order to:

Satisfy those who want to play a new class, but are too averse to the effort required to level it?

Satisfy those who think that some things should be earned and that new classes fall into that category?

See a reasonable return on their investment, especially if they limit the number of class changes to two?

GO back and look the 49 and 60 $ is for the instant 90 the 60$ is for other stuff . :) .

Also Bear in mine most of that DEV team is GONE and a lot has changed sense they said that would never happen .

i just can't think off hand just what those changes were, give me time i can give you a full list if needed .

Edited by tanktest

So, the Species Change and Barber Shop mentioned in the Dulfy interview from months ago are finally realities. That's a good sign! It means the devs are actually serious about their "Yeah, we'd like to do that" statements.

In that same interview, it was mentioned that Advanced Class changes were also on the table and likely to happen. I'm curious if the community team can update us on whether there's any time-table for when this will be implemented.

Ideally, I'd love it to be a switch you can unlock, then flip any time — finally allowing me to Tank & Heal with one character.

But in reality I'm sure it will cost like 6000 Cartel Coins to unlock it, then another 2000 Cartel Coins every time you switch (discounted 3.2% for subscribers, of course) with a 2 month cooldown. Oh well, what can you do? As a start, I'd be happy just to have the option in-game, in any form.

So! Does BioWare have any upcoming plans for this that can be shared with us? :)

~~~

Edit: While I am proud of how much you are feeding the Dark Side with your blind anger and hate, and vehement vows of impossibility, let me remind you of (source):

We got the Species part. That makes the AC part also have a lot of credibility.

So anyway, any ETA or news, community team? :)

Eventually.... it's what killed WoW and Rift. 1 spec, the end. GO GO GO

List em. List the good reasons. List the reasons that would make me support no AC swapping...because I'm not arguing for it just to argue, I firmly believe it would be in the best interest of the game. If you also sincerely think it would be BAD for the game, surely you can list the reasons why right?

I believe it so strongly that I would give serious thoughts to quitting on the spot if they implemented it.

But I see no reason to go over the same points over and over again when the people who want this will just say "no that's not valid because I want it". Really that is their only argument. They want it.

This thread, and all the ones that have come before it on the same subject, are just going in circles.

In all the time you guys have spent whining about this you could have just leveled up the character that you want and legacy geared them.

PS achievements are account wide.

ESO. there are a total of 4 classes. and 3 faction stories that you only need one character to play through anyways. and since half your skills are weapon based and every class can use every weapon/armor in a game and play every role?

you know, since you said you didn't know a single game... here's one off the top of my head

And you decided to choose a game that's barely been out for what, a month as your example? I have nothing against ESO but frankly, the jury is still out whether it is going to be a viable MMO. I know it's got a lot of hype but then again, so did SWTOR so there is not a whole lot of substance behind it. On the other hand, I would rather look at established MMOs and see which one has actually allowed for class (not skill) respec.

and you'd still need to have 8 characters to experience every class SWTOR has to offer. 4 impside and 4 pubside. becasue its not just about mechanics, its also about the story. you know, that cornerstone and selling point of SWTOR?

I didn't actually say "to experience *everything* that SWTOR had to offer" did I? You should also probably re-think your argument considering even BW has decided to drop expanding class stories for the time being. Why would they do that? Oh I don't know, maybe it is because they realized that building an MMO with storyline as its core foundation is not exactly a viable business plan after all. Instead they are focusing on class balancing, level cap increase, new operation/FP/pvp content, and of course the cartel market, with the former three falling squarely into that "mechanics" category. Any way you slice and dice it, gameplay experience is the most important element by far when it comes to keeping players interested in an MMO and allowing players to change their AC (or just "class" in more generic MMO terminology) will have a significant impact on that experience.

I cannot believe this thread is still going after almost a year. :confused: But it does amuse me that enough angry people care about what someone else does with their character to downvote it to 2 stars, hahaha.

I think I'm prouder of that than any 5-star thread I've made — so few threads incite people enough to actually bother downvoting. That's some serious passion, misplaced though it may be.

Anyway. Personally, ironically, I don't care that much any more — after being away from the game for almost 8 months I feel perfectly happy rolling a new set of characters to finish out my AC 'collection' and round up all my mirrors. Quite fun designing personalities and stories again. :)

That said. I still do not comprehend the issue. If someone else wants to change from Sniper to Operative and learn to heal or whatever, I really don't care. Every single issue or complaint is pretty much the same for re-rolling, you're just inflicting more tedium on the person (because not everyone enjoys leveling — I do, because of the stories and FPs, but I'm not everyone and neither are you).

But, oh well. I guess I'm just putting down my final stance — it's not soul-crushing to re-level a character, honestly. Just potentially boring / tedious. But it gets done eventually. Pragmatically-speaking, the game doesn't need AC changes (it doesn't need Field Respec either, though...).

But releveling is also quite annoying and unpleasant for some people. And since AC is a subset of the class system which does not change your missions or leveling story, I don't think AC deserves the same protection as true class.

So, neutral. If it never goes in, well, eh. Doesn't affect me that much. If it does go in — good. It would be a positive feature, as long as it's designed responsibly.

eg, At-will AC change is probably pushing it. Why have ACs at all? There is something cool to that sense of deciding "I'm going to be THIS kind of Jedi." On the other hand, 3000 CC (it's BioWare, guys) or 3 million credits + 30 day cooldown, etc. sounds completely reasonable.

The option is not a problem, and it's quite fair to people who may make oblivious choices because the decision comes far too early in the leveling process to actually understand what you're doing. The only problem would be removing the sense of decision, and you can control that by making the choice to swap AC something a player would not do lightly.

And you decided to choose a game that's barely been out for what, a month as your example? I have nothing against ESO but frankly, the jury is still out whether it is going to be a viable MMO. I know it's got a lot of hype but then again, so did SWTOR so there is not a whole lot of substance behind it. On the other hand, I would rather look at established MMOs and see which one has actually allowed for class (not skill) respec.

I didn't actually say "to experience *everything* that SWTOR had to offer" did I? You should also probably re-think your argument considering even BW has decided to drop expanding class stories for the time being. Why would they do that? Oh I don't know, maybe it is because they realized that building an MMO with storyline as its core foundation is not exactly a viable business plan after all. Instead they are focusing on class balancing, level cap increase, new operation/FP/pvp content, and of course the cartel market, with the former three falling squarely into that "mechanics" category. Any way you slice and dice it, gameplay experience is the most important element by far when it comes to keeping players interested in an MMO and allowing players to change their AC (or just "class" in more generic MMO terminology) will have a significant impact on that experience.

I chose that MMO because its the one I played most recently, personally. its not the only MMO that does that and some of the examples were given here - they just get dismissed.

moreover. lets be perfectly honest. how many characters you actively play at end game? how many characters any one average person actively plays at end game? your average person picks out the character they enjoy playing the most? and focus on them. so gameplay balancing - again doesn't mean that content for people is reduced. even if you play multiple alts actively like I do - you STILL can only play one character at a time, and not every class/spec works equally well for everyone - becasue personal preference, people just chose to focus on the one or several they like best. allowing AC switch will NOT change that. what it WILl do is allow people more flexibility WITHIN their favorite character or characters, hell it may even extend content for them becasue of it. hell... if AC switch is limited (expensive and has 30 day cooldown for example - though having an option to switch back once before cooldown starts could be good, I think... in case you didn't like it and aren't stuck with AC you don't like for a month), but they end up enjoying the other AC - it may even inspire them to roll another character of the same class, but different AC, so that they could play both interchangeably without cooldown, whereas they may not bother now, becasue - hey, already played through the story and no idea if will like the game style.

and btw... even though technically classes are mirrored between factions? they do NOT feel the same. animations, sounds, weapons, names, it may not seem like much, but it does make a difference. hell.. I have a lot of AC's mirrored between factions across my alts... and playing a powertech tank has a bit of a different feel from a vanguard... even though they are technically the same playstyle. as people who play sorcs and who play sages. what is more fun - pebbles or lightning and you get many different answers. even though mechanically - lightning and pebbles do exactly the same thing. or hell - gunslinger vs sniper. just these minor variances could mean the difference between enjoying your character or not, and it can also mean - you cannot reliably tell by playing a mirror class if you will enjoy it on the opposite faction.

I can't see how this option is possibly a bad one. every single reason against it - has been refuted multiple times.

We all know what they said at launch that would never allow it . but a few months back they said they are looking into doing it . if i could find that comment again i would link it .

it won't hurt any thing or anyone if they do . look at it this way if was not there to start with then no one could complain if it was changed or not ..

You don't need a class changes any way to dual spec that's whole thing about .. dual spec really has nothing to do with class change .

Even wow DS does not allow class change on the FLY . you have to pay for it .

some in this post make going from DPS to healer or dps to another dps spec sound like it is Advanced class change but that would be DS . but if it was worded diff like being able to take a dps on the fly and make it a tank when all that class can do to start with is heal and DPS or only DPS is Advanced class change .

Yea i know in a way we can DS but it needs to be improved so it saves quick bars etc .

NEVER SAY NEVER then it happens .

The quote you are looking for is in the OP of this thread.

It was well more than a few months ago, it was November 2012 IIRC.

Well, we are now a pretty good distance down that road, the last time I was really involved in this particular thread (not topic, this actual thread) was in July/August 2013.

Given the multi-thousand posts generated in this thread alone, the dev team's complete lack of even acknowledging this as an issue speaks volumes as to their intentions.

Would I enjoy and use the feature? Certainly. I have 16 toons at 55, and 6 others on their way up on my home server. I am not a fan of Mara/Sent - so that would give me another Warrior/Guardian; my Operative/Scoundrel might become Snipe/Slinger. But ....

People need to stop comparing this game with other games. There is a difference, a major difference. All other games make you pick your class at level 1 before you enter the world. Whereas we pick a Story at level one and we pick our class around level 10.

Your AC *is* your class, your archetype is your story. Bounty Hunter is not a class, it is a story. Mercenary is a class, Powertech is a class. Sure they share some abilities but they play completely differently.

Just in the time that this thread has been in existence, I have personally leveled 6 toons to 55. I have a (more than) full time job, a wife, kids and other hobbies.

There is no time limit on leveling up - and quite frankly, you can level a character to 50 in about 50 hours. That's without skipping content, planetary leveling, not farming FPs or Heroics. Just doing your story, the planet main line and the planet side quests. 50 playing hours from start to level 50. Is that really so much to ask?

I believe it so strongly that I would give serious thoughts to quitting on the spot if they implemented it.

But I see no reason to go over the same points over and over again when the people who want this will just say "no that's not valid because I want it". Really that is their only argument. They want it.

This thread, and all the ones that have come before it on the same subject, are just going in circles.

In all the time you guys have spent whining about this you could have just leveled up the character that you want and legacy geared them.

PS achievements are account wide.

LOL@not listing a single freaking one. Typical! That's typical of every person who is against it.

Me: "Gimme a good convincing reason why it's bad"

Them: "Uh...go find it ur self

I find it so intriguing that you anti AC swap people can't come up with even ONE good reason why lol.

If that's all it takes to keep someone happy and playing SWTOR, who the hell cares? Only nosy Nellie's like you seem to care. Only people who seem to think THEY should be allowed to dictate what someone plays. If "MY" AC had any impact at all on you, I'd be open to your argument against it...but the AC any other player chooses, is simply none of your ******* business.

That said. I still do not comprehend the issue. If someone else wants to change from Sniper to Operative and learn to heal or whatever, I really don't care.

The crux of the issue is how that player learns the new AC. If that player has a guild and his/her guildies are willing to run through several FPs to give the player the chance to learn, that's fine. But not everyone has or will take advantage of that option; most will use the GF and group with three random players. And that's the problem: that player inflicts his/her lack of knowledge of how to play the AC and spec on those he/she groups with randomly. Is that fair to the strangers he/she is grouped with through the GF? At least through re-rolling the player gets into groups where it is expected that the players involved are still learning and the content is more forgiving so mistakes are more tolerated.

The crux of the issue is how that player learns the new AC. If that player has a guild and his/her guildies are willing to run through several FPs to give the player the chance to learn, that's fine. But not everyone has or will take advantage of that option; most will use the GF and group with three random players. And that's the problem: that player inflicts his/her lack of knowledge of how to play the AC and spec on those he/she groups with randomly. Is that fair to the strangers he/she is grouped with through the GF? At least through re-rolling the player gets into groups where it is expected that the players involved are still learning and the content is more forgiving so mistakes are more tolerated.

this argument has been refuted multiple times.

becasue with spec changes we are already dealing with this. a bad player will remain bad. a good player will figure it out before setting out into a group content. and a mediocre player will remain mediocre.

becasue you see... its not about learning AC. its about learning a specific spec/tree. within any given AC - all 3 specs plays very differently. more so when you changes roles with them. not everyone levels through a role they plan on playing at end game. in fact, I'd bet a lot of people do NOT. some people change their minds at end game too. and guess what? they have to learn how to play a completely unfamiliar spec. at lvl 55. we have this. we have this right now. allowing people to switch between 6 talent trees instead of current 3? is not going to change the gist of it.

P.S. 50 playing hours IS too much to ask, if the person playing is not having fun with it. and/or if that person has less time to play. lets take someone like MY SO for example. who maybe has about an hour to play a day, sometimes less. it would take them probably 2 months JUSt to level a single character not even to max level. to lvl 50.

Edited by Jeweledleah

The crux of the issue is how that player learns the new AC...

Maybe for you but let me assure you that is not the reason some individuals have over 500 posts in this thread blasting the idea. The "it will ruin endgame because no one will know how to play their tanks/healers any more" has been disproven and discounted numerous times. Let me re-iterate.

1) Many tree changes within advanced classes represent larger playstyle shifts than switching acs would. Ex: jugg rage - jugg tank involves more changes than going from jugg rage - mara rage. You would even have to change more of your gear with the tank switch vs the mara one assuming your gear is adaptive.

2) it doesn't take that long to learn the basics of any ac.

3) it is very easy to level character to 55 without learning any of the finer points to using that ac in endgame pve or pve - forcing ppl to spend 50+ hours in between skill or ac respecs doesn't mean they will be any better than someone else swapping acs and doing a few dlyies with his new specs. Beyond the basics, the only way to learn endgame raiding on a pc is to do it - the leveling process contributes little to that.

4). Plenty of games allow radical character changes that require completely different play styles and gear - druids in wow, for example - healer one minute, the next a stealth melee dps or a tank or a ranged dps - different stats, different energy mechanics and different sets of valid gear for most of those choices. Wow did not explode because of druids or paladins or monks - far from it; and those aren't even especially popular classes. But each is very viable at just about any role when played well. And player skill and experiences in wow are the same as they are here, last I checked. I actually run into more clueless tank/healers here because group finder is a little trickier but ac respec isn't going to change that.

5) if you can't handle running into inexperienced or unskilled players you should join a guild and only group with ppl you can yell at in voice chat. Adding an ac change for $5-$10 or once per month per character or whatever isn't going to change the frequency of your encounters with them.

Edited by Savej

LOL@not listing a single freaking one. Typical! That's typical of every person who is against it.

I find it so intriguing that you anti AC swap people can't come up with even ONE good reason why lol.

If that's all it takes to keep someone happy and playing SWTOR, who the hell cares? Only nosy Nellie's like you seem to care. Only people who seem to think THEY should be allowed to dictate what someone plays. If "MY" AC had any impact at all on you, I'd be open to your argument against it...but the AC any other player chooses, is simply none of your ******* business.

You have been involved in this thread since at least July 2013. You know full well which arguments people are talking about - don't act like you don't. Just because people don't have the desire to go back and detail them again, for the 13 billionth time, doesn't negate them.

So, the Species Change and Barber Shop mentioned in the Dulfy interview from months ago are finally realities. That's a good sign! It means the devs are actually serious about their "Yeah, we'd like to do that" statements.

In that same interview, it was mentioned that Advanced Class changes were also on the table and likely to happen. I'm curious if the community team can update us on whether there's any time-table for when this will be implemented.

Ideally, I'd love it to be a switch you can unlock, then flip any time — finally allowing me to Tank & Heal with one character.

But in reality I'm sure it will cost like 6000 Cartel Coins to unlock it, then another 2000 Cartel Coins every time you switch (discounted 3.2% for subscribers, of course) with a 2 month cooldown. Oh well, what can you do? As a start, I'd be happy just to have the option in-game, in any form.

So! Does BioWare have any upcoming plans for this that can be shared with us? :)

~~~

Edit: While I am proud of how much you are feeding the Dark Side with your blind anger and hate, and vehement vows of impossibility, let me remind you of (source):

We got the Species part. That makes the AC part also have a lot of credibility.

So anyway, any ETA or news, community team? :)

TY that's the post i could not find on this site . it wont hurt any one and don't do it if you don't like . don't Forget what AC really means .

also can't wait for legacy datacrons they are coming even thu others hate the idea .

I'm really supized the same one that complain about this have not complained about this

New options are available for the Ground Target Area of Effect reticle:

Sticky Ground Target Reticule - When active, this option makes it so your Ground Target Reticule doesn't disappear if the target location is out of range or the ability otherwise fails. Example: Bounty Hunter attempts to activate Death From Above, but their target location is out of range. With this option active, the GTAoE reticule will persist and allow the player to instantly attempt to use the ability again. If this option isn't active, then the reticule will disappear and the player will have to click again.

Quick Ground Target Activation - When active, pressing a hotkey that belongs to a GTAoE twice will use the ability at the feet of the Player's target. Example: The Player has the Pass the Huttball ability saved to Hotkey #3. The Player targets an ally and then presses 3 two times. The Huttball Pass will be activated at the feet of the targeted ally. If this option is turned off, then there are no changes to the existing behavior.

that is a big step forward IMO . i love the new AOE ground target .

Edited by tanktest

There, now it is undeniably accurate.

Nothing in mmos is "hard" outside of organizing raids and pvp. But 50-80 hours of redoing class quests and grinding kdy/pvp-for-the-valor is nothing to sneeze at.

this argument has been refuted multiple times.

becasue with spec changes we are already dealing with this. a bad player will remain bad. a good player will figure it out before setting out into a group content. and a mediocre player will remain mediocre.

becasue you see... its not about learning AC. its about learning a specific spec/tree. within any given AC - all 3 specs plays very differently. more so when you changes roles with them. not everyone levels through a role they plan on playing at end game. in fact, I'd bet a lot of people do NOT. some people change their minds at end game too. and guess what? they have to learn how to play a completely unfamiliar spec. at lvl 55. we have this. we have this right now. allowing people to switch between 6 talent trees instead of current 3? is not going to change the gist of it.

P.S. 50 playing hours IS too much to ask, if the person playing is not having fun with it. and/or if that person has less time to play. lets take someone like MY SO for example. who maybe has about an hour to play a day, sometimes less. it would take them probably 2 months JUSt to level a single character not even to max level. to lvl 50.

I'll agree that spec change is similar. I in fact recently began playing my DPS sage as a healer - I acquired some gear, switched specs and started healing. Here are some other facts though:

- I have been playing healers for the entirety of my RPG life, starting with clerics in Basic D&D 30+ years ago. When I started playing MMOs my first character was an EQ1 cleric. In SWTOR my second character was a sawbones scoundrel (which became my main). So I understand the finer points of healing regardless of game and class; for me the "art" of healing is second nature.

- even as a DPS Sage I kept the (limited) healing abilities accessible and used them on many occasions in solo, FP, and Op situations (my natural healer instincts kick in because a dead teammate does zero DPS/TPS/HPS and I would rather sacrifice my own DPS for a few seconds than have a teammate go down and risk a wipe)

- I made the decision to switch and saved up elite comms on several characters so I could get the right gear before switching

- I went to several websites and read up on sage healing before jumping in.

- I ran a set of daily quests with an (undergeared) tank companion to get a feel for healing without "endangering" others

- The first group content I did was a tactical flashpoint where healing is not nearly as necessary so that any mistakes I made would be minimized.

- the first GF 55HMFP I did I told the group that healing as a sage was new to me and to please take it easy

- After more than a month of running that Sage as a healer, I have yet to heal any operations on that Sage (I am even hesitant to bring her as a healer into content my guild does for "fun" (AKA level 50 operations and world bosses).

Obviously, by your definition, I am one of the "good players." But how many players do you think go through all that just to change spec? Now translate that into AC change. Just imagine all the wrong gear and bad rotations.

I am simply thinking about all the "bad players" out there who would make their "badness" worse.

Those good reasons have been given multiple times. I, personally, am not going to cater to your aversion to the effort of going back and reading them only so that you can dismiss them out of hand, claiming that they are not valid, simply because they do not mesh with your desire to see class changes implemented.

• 2 weeks later...
Those good reasons have been given multiple times. I, personally, am not going to cater to your aversion to the effort of going back and reading them only so that you can dismiss them out of hand, claiming that they are not valid, simply because they do not mesh with your desire to see class changes implemented.

Do you ever quit? Every time someone calls you out and asks you to point out the negatives of this feature you back down and try to belittle them because you refuse to look back through the hundred posts in this thread, and most of which the posts are from you. We get it, you dont want this feature to ever happen, and that is fine, but if you are going to try to act like a tough guy and a "mr. knowitall" then actually take the time and research what you are saying and be ready to defend your own opinion/statements when someone questions you on them instead of saying this garbage about how you are not going to take the time to look through this thread to find previous statements of why or why not on whatever your currently talking about.

I know this is an older topic, but I'm equally curious. I'm seriously debating deleting my Mercenary, because I want to re-use the name and create a Powertech instead. However, if they are seriously considering the possibility of changing AC's, then I would happily hold off until such a feature were added.