Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Day in the Life of Assassins and Shadows

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Day in the Life of Assassins and Shadows
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
09.27.2019 , 10:23 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone!

In the next installment of our series showcasing the synergy of Set Bonuses and Tacticals, we just published an article looking at Assassins and Shadows!
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

lord-angelus
09.27.2019 , 10:38 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

In the next installment of our series showcasing the synergy of Set Bonuses and Tacticals, we just published an article looking at Assassins and Shadows!
Joke ability for dps, more of a joke for tacticals and set bonuses, too op tank

Tsillah
09.27.2019 , 10:43 AM | #3
A couple of quotes from the article:

As soon as the fight starts, the Darkness Assassin uses Mass Mind Control to taunt all eight nearby enemies.
After giving the tank some time to build threat, our Deception Assassin lets loose a flurry of abilities.

Using Mass taunt at the start of a fight and DPS giving the tank time to build threat? You guys are funny
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

FlameYOL
09.27.2019 , 10:44 AM | #4
Hmm, the Darkness combination is certainly an interesting one. Though I still prefer lacerate due to being 360 instead of a mere cone, so to speak. Severing Slash looks like it'll be useful with the correct set bonus/tactical. Though it still seems largely useless for a hatred dps in PvE, at least compared to lacerate. Though it has its uses in PvP.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

FlameYOL
09.27.2019 , 10:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Using Mass taunt at the start of a fight and DPS giving the tank time to build threat? You guys are funny
*Marauder intensifies*
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Exocor
09.27.2019 , 11:10 AM | #6
As a shadow main tank, I find the combination offered interesting. However, there are several other set bonuses that are, in my opinion, more valuable.

Set bonuses offer the option to gain a damage reduction buff by using spinning kick (1) or by using force wave (2). Due to the short cooldown of those abilities, you can get roughly 30% uptime on those buffs, making it effectively another battle readiness.
Speaking of battle readiness, I also like one of the DPS set bonuses, that reduce the cooldown of battle readiness by 20 seconds on the four-piece bonus and resets the duration when an enemy is killed on the 6 piece bonus.

These three bonuses are in my opinion all more powerful than the one mentioned in the article, hence I am currently running the one I mentioned last to test if I can utilize the 6-piece-bonus in a good way. The other tank in my raiding team is currently favoring the spinning kick-bonus, for the reason that it is easier to use, since, in large add groups, using force wave might cause the DPS start whining about the adds being pushed away in every direction.

For tacticals, the one mentioned seems to be the one with the most diverse options to use. However, I also tend to like the one extending the duration of resilence by consuming dark ward stacks and the one applying resilience to the guarded ally.

Nevertheless, I'd like to mention that I want to get my phase walk back. It's just not fair that gunslingers and sages are having one while shadows lost their due to some PvP'ers complaining.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Balameb
09.27.2019 , 12:02 PM | #7
Ok, i will try my best to be as constructive as i can without being an a hole... (*)

1st: New Cone ability. So, you have a game engine that has real issues with positioning. Conal abilities suffer from it and you decide to add a new one?

Now let's see Hatred
Spoiler

Set bonus: Has absolutely NOTHING to do with hatred, is too much assasin generic.
4 piece: Hatred already has a 2 second immobilize for single target. So only benefit is if used in multiple targets, but wait! we already have it with an utility for every inquisitor and it last even more time.

The example just don't feel like a hatred sin at all, and doing most of that can be any sin.
Since before PTS 1.0 people showed how hatred was in a really bad position and that set bonus and taticals were a joke. It has been months and still nothing that shows you understand things.

What's tomorrow article about? About how Snipers, that already have an incredible survival toolbox, can now also phase walk? (or holotranslocate or whatever you call it). People showed that is not needed and is a really bad idea, but my guess is you will ignore all that too.

I know all this is suposed just an example of a work in progress not yet balanced. But i see no progress, practically same bad things pre PTS.

(*) Sorry, i failed. There is just so much wrong right now with PTS and this that i really can't find better words without some sarcasm. I'm also actually wondering why are you comunicating things in a manner that makes everything look even worst.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

EmperorRus
09.27.2019 , 12:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
The example just don't feel like a hatred sin at all, and doing most of that can be any sin.
Since before PTS 1.0 people showed how hatred was in a really bad position and that set bonus and taticals were a joke. It has been months and still nothing that shows you understand things..
They don't give a sith about sustained disciplines

Raansu
09.27.2019 , 01:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
What's tomorrow article about? About how Snipers, that already have an incredible survival toolbox, can now also phase walk? (or holotranslocate or whatever you call it). People showed that is not needed and is a really bad idea, but my guess is you will ignore all that too.
Real talk, I'm not looking forward to an already broken class getting even more utility.

DzastinBiberi
09.27.2019 , 03:50 PM | #10
Hatred has been broken since Death Field nerf among other nerfs, another useless ability for that spec won't do anything.

DF spreads force slow? Good luck having enough Force Energy to do that after spamming lacerate to spread your dots, since Force energy regen is horrible on that spec.

Now with Alacrity GCD level's gone up, gl getting GCD3 while still having some crit.

Shows how much dev's are clueless about classes and specs.

Don't get me started on Deception and their nerf hammer.