Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Day in the Life of Sorcerers and Sages

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Day in the Life of Sorcerers and Sages
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rion_Starkiller
10.02.2019 , 09:49 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Yeah, based on everything released so far, I still feel like I'll have to respec to lightning to compete in solo ranked in 6.0, which makes me sad.
Well, this new tactical looks interesting....

Sith Sorcerer
---------------------------
Killing Field:
OLD: Death Field spreads Force Slow's effect and Force Storm does 15% more damage to targets affected by your Deathmark.
NEW: Death Field spreads Force Slow's effect. Demolish hits all nearby targets affected by your Deathmark and Force Storm does 15% more damage to targets affected by your Deathmark.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Lhancelot
10.02.2019 , 10:12 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Well, this new tactical looks interesting....

Sith Sorcerer
---------------------------
Killing Field:
OLD: Death Field spreads Force Slow's effect and Force Storm does 15% more damage to targets affected by your Deathmark.
NEW: Death Field spreads Force Slow's effect. Demolish hits all nearby targets affected by your Deathmark and Force Storm does 15% more damage to targets affected by your Deathmark.
I like it. It's like a workaround to the nerf they did years back when they removed the snare off Force Storm. This adds one step but gives you the same effect with added damage, I think it looks neat.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

ottffsse
10.05.2019 , 03:01 PM | #33
people's responses
week 1: volt rush total useless ability waste of space on quickbar
week 2: volt rush on lightning with convention tactical op rips everything apart in pvp 35m range aoe wah wah needs nerf wah wah
week 3 ...
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

Lhancelot
10.05.2019 , 04:58 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
people's responses
week 1: volt rush total useless ability waste of space on quickbar
week 2: volt rush on lightning with convention tactical op rips everything apart in pvp 35m range aoe wah wah needs nerf wah wah
week 3 ...
Except I have not seen any "volt rush on lightning with convention tactical op rips everything apart in pvp 35m range aoe wah wah needs nerf wah wah," did it get buffed and now it needs a nerf?

Please show a link to thread or post saying it needs nerfed.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

TrixxieTriss
10.05.2019 , 07:38 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Except I have not seen any "volt rush on lightning with convention tactical op rips everything apart in pvp 35m range aoe wah wah needs nerf wah wah," did it get buffed and now it needs a nerf?

Please show a link to thread or post saying it needs nerfed.
I can’t find it now, but I also saw it. A few people have a whine about lightning being OP now. Made me laugh so hard and made me sad at the same time because this is why lightning has been relegated to the bottom of the pack in pvp for the last 4 years.
Any time lightning gets a small improvement, the vultures come out asking for nerf because they won’t be able to kill them anymore without also taking damage.
I predict Bioware will either nerf it because 2-3 people said it was OP on the pts or nerf it in 3 months from bass crying in the pvp forums.
Lightning is Bioware’s kick toy.

TrixxieTriss
10.05.2019 , 07:46 PM | #36
The fall out from other class tacticals is going to much worse in pvp than people realise. Some classes will become exceptionally OP in certain situations and others will be impossible to kill. (6 roll Operatives, double phase walk snipers)

Then you’ll have some that do so much splash and AOE damage that everyone will be asking for every class but their own to be nerfed.

I think this was done on purpose because it will be impossible to really gauge how balanced classes really are from now on.
Too many types of set bonuses, amplifiers (which I’m not sure will do much) and multiple tacticals.

I will say that Madness and lightning (who doesn’t need more AOE) will do some good AOE damage. But people like me who’ve been “screaming” for 4 years for more single target burst on lightning have been totally ignored.

I would have liked a tactical that made volt rush use all its energy at once on a single target (no AOE).
Musco even mentioned back in May that a possible single target burst tactical could be a possible idea to make forked lightning hit harder on a single target at the expense of its AOE damage. Why the hell couldn’t we have had that instead or as another option.
I would have even settled for a tactical that allowed crushing darkness to be cast on the move.

I hate AOE play because it feels like “cheap” dps to me (sorry, just my own personal opinion and preferred play style).
I only want to be able to play lightning as a single target dps burst spec. Like you play Arsenal mercs.

You have Madness for AOE, why the hell does lightning also have to be AOE too. No other class has a double AOE spec in it (except maybe Mara, but they are an exception).