Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 patch notes.

Jonespiano
08.17.2012 , 02:34 PM | #21
Marauders:

1) Flat out do more damage than Operatives, in any situation
2) Have a small resource pool with easy ways to quickly make it much larger, on short cooldowns
3) Have the game's only on-use, group wide DPS cooldown (and it works in PVP!)
4) Don't have positional requirements for their best or any attacks
5) Can Force Charge at something that's either right in their face or 30m away, and root them (Anni spec), or even charge two different targets in a row (Rage spec)
6) Have better interrupts
7) Have passive DoTs activated by an ability off the global cooldown (similar to Acid Blade, but Lethality has no equivalent)
8) Have a better Vanish than the actual stealth classes which drops combat reliably
Ebon Hawk - Tarazet - Level 50 MM Sniper
Shaduka - Level 50 Darkness Assassin
Sirrush - Level 41 Medicine Operative
Pan'tera - Level 45 Pyrotech Powertech

Anysao
08.17.2012 , 11:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by bobmcbo View Post
their armoring is the same as ours- medium armor.
Yeah, but we have stealth and more stuns (jarring strike, flashbang, debilitate)
Stop being focused on the negative! Try it!
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Count_Midnite
08.20.2012 , 11:28 AM | #23
Another 1.4 Patch Note. Operatives will no longer be allowed to generate Tactical Advantage. Their Overload Shot will cost 25 Energy, and Backstab will be on a 24 second CD.

Satedbuffalo
08.20.2012 , 11:52 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonespiano View Post
8) Have a better Vanish than the actual stealth classes which drops combat reliably
I was under the impression that Marauder/Sentinel stealth did not break combat. http://www.torhead.com/ability/f2xdW1C/force-camouflage

That said, yeah, this is a sweet ability.
Sammoj

xLaXeRo
08.20.2012 , 07:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by dtebuev View Post
Operative

Stealth has now been removed from this class meaning that Hidden Strike is now unusable also meaning that they now have only three usable damage dealing spells.

Vibroknifes have been removed and Operatives now use their bare hands which means that they cannot use Backstab, Shiv or Laceration.

The medicine tree has been removed as there was a mistake in programming and they were only supposed to have two talent trees, one of them being completely unusable.

Marauders

Marauders can now use Vibroknifes if they wish.

They now have a consistent stealth.

Marauders now have a fourth talent tree called Overpowered.

They have now got a talent Overpowerednes - allows the marauder to spec into all four of his talent trees.

Powertechs

Powertechs can now use lightsabres.

They now have force cloak.

They also have a fourth talent tree called Overpowered.

They also have a new talent Overpower which also lets them spec into all four of their talent trees!
is this confirmed??

chuixupu
08.21.2012 , 01:27 AM | #26
It's a joke, silly.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

wishihadaname
08.22.2012 , 08:43 AM | #27
I'm not sure why I bother, QQers will always QQ, but here goes. The operative, specifically the lethality operative, can not only handle maras, but is a counter class to them. Here is why, we have sustained ranged dps and maras have no effective method of closing on us in cover. To beat a Mara you have to play like a sniper. You set up at 30 meter and drop your poisons plus an explosive probe (poisons also have a slow). Since the Mara can't stun you he has to walk up to you instead of leap meaning no resourse boost for him and about 6 moves head start for you. Once he closes debilitate him and use the sprint to get range again. When he closes again blow your adrenal probe, restealth, hidden strike, shiv, BS, cull, cull, shiv, cull. If he uses ravage blow evasion to completely avoid it. If he stealths, laugh, because it will break instantly due to poisons, if he uses undieing rage, sever tendon, clense (to remove his slows), run for 10 sec, then stab him one more time. Assuming I have my cooldowns up, I have NEVER lost a fight to a solo Mara. For reference, I'm lvl 50, mostly in min maxed BM level gear with augments. Rank 67.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

tacito
08.22.2012 , 09:19 AM | #28
Well, you say it yourself. To beat a marauder (and some other classes, really), you need to play like a sniper. So, in order to be succesful, you try as hard as you can to not be an operative.

Not saying that's an inherently bad thing. It's good to adapt different playstyles depending on what opponents you face. But this might be a small indication that things with the class aren't perfect.

Also, your gear is probably above average. For non-rated warzones, at least. Try playing concealment in battlemaster equip with a little recruit stuff thrown in, and you are so utterly useless in any warzone, it's not even funny. Lethality's a little better, but really only a little. Now, I could of course grind through weeks of pain, while dragging my team down in every game, to get better equip. But I play games to be challenged and have fun, not to be steamrolled and frustrated. Though my play focus is on PvE, anyways, so I won't discuss PvP too much.
Neither bring any utility to an operation group. They also seem to deal less damage than other classes. Can you still kill things with operatives in your group? Certainly. Could you do it easier, if those players played something else? I think so, and that probably is what most people are concerned about.
They don't want to "oneshot everybody again" and aren't "too bad to not suck at their class", to quote arguments I've heard a lot. They simply don't want to pull down their team, be it in PvE or PvP.

I don't want to advocate reasonless whining. I don't want to advocate sneering at frustrated players. I simply think that if many people are concerned about something, one possible reason for that are some actual problems, of which I think the class has plenty. For instance, no really defined profiles for the damage specs.

• Is Concealment supposed to be the PvP spec? Then why do you as an experienced PvP player recommend Lethality for PvP? This might be evidence that concealment needs some love.
  • Is Lethality supposed to be the PvE spec? Then why is DoT tracking in this game such a drag? I recently played an operation with a sniper and another operative, all Lethality specced. It is entirely impossible to accurately maintain your debuffs in that scenario. In my oppinion, if they want us to use DoT moves, there needs to be an option to only display my debuffs, or increase the icon size of my debuffs. Especially for operations, since the average boss carries a lot more debuffs than the average PvP target.

Of course, it's always a hard decision. "Why bring pure DD classes, if hybrids deal just as much damage and can reskill to be a healer or tank?" vs. "Why bring a hybrid class if healing or tanking's all they're good for anyway?"
A big reason why people always point at Sentinels, I think, is their wide array of perks. In PvE for instance, they deal more damage when comparing static dummy-situations, they are more mobile thanks to force jump, which leads to an even wider damage gap in actual fights due to movement. And to top it off, they have two extremely valuable group wide cooldowns. Plus some survivability. It's hard not to be a little envious.
I mean, sure, they grass is always greener on the other side. But we don't get flowers. Or a water tap. *shrugs*

coerCez
08.22.2012 , 09:40 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
I'm not sure why I bother, QQers will always QQ, but here goes. The operative, specifically the lethality operative, can not only handle maras, but is a counter class to them. Here is why, we have sustained ranged dps and maras have no effective method of closing on us in cover. To beat a Mara you have to play like a sniper. You set up at 30 meter and drop your poisons plus an explosive probe (poisons also have a slow). Since the Mara can't stun you he has to walk up to you instead of leap meaning no resourse boost for him and about 6 moves head start for you. Once he closes debilitate him and use the sprint to get range again. When he closes again blow your adrenal probe, restealth, hidden strike, shiv, BS, cull, cull, shiv, cull. If he uses ravage blow evasion to completely avoid it. If he stealths, laugh, because it will break instantly due to poisons, if he uses undieing rage, sever tendon, clense (to remove his slows), run for 10 sec, then stab him one more time. Assuming I have my cooldowns up, I have NEVER lost a fight to a solo Mara. For reference, I'm lvl 50, mostly in min maxed BM level gear with augments. Rank 67.
Actually, it is quite easy to beat both Pyrotech PTs and Marauders as Concealment. Marauder are actually one of the easiest classes for me to beat...

My operative is in Full BM gear with full augments and WH enchanments running 1028 Power, 30% crit and 76% surge and I own Marauders all day. There are actually two very high end geared Marauders on my server that always attack my operative and my alt PT whenever they see me because I beat them so bad. Also one of these guys has about 20k HP...

You just have to know when to cleanse yourself from Mara dots and Pyro Dots...
Sapphir - 50 Marauder
Coerce - 50 Operative
Colgerro - 50 Powertech

tatatan
08.22.2012 , 12:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
I'm not sure why I bother, QQers will always QQ, but here goes. The operative, specifically the lethality operative, can not only handle maras, but is a counter class to them. ....... I have NEVER lost a fight to a solo Mara.....
IMHO, *never* is very strong expression to be taken seriously.