Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 patch notes.

Rizael
07.24.2012 , 11:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Lol... Operative is actually a very good class. My damage (granted, lethality) is very good for both PvE and PvP. And overpowered marauders? They're prathetically weak. Just "evasion" and "shield probe", and flash bang and debilitate. Stay behind him, shoot some poisons, and a shiv knife to the back.

Power techs are pretty strong, but I just keep up Kolto injections, and same stealth out, heal up, and take out your weakened PT from stealth.
You people shame the Operative coat of honor.
I am guessing your operative is either below 50 or you are a lvl 50 in recruit gear of another class.

Leathen
07.25.2012 , 12:44 AM | #12
1.4 ???

Hell this has mostly already happened !

dtebuev
07.25.2012 , 03:49 AM | #13
Lol... Operative is actually a very good class. My damage (granted, lethality) is very good for both PvE and PvP. And overpowered marauders? They're prathetically weak. Just "evasion" and "shield probe", and flash bang and debilitate. Stay behind him, shoot some poisons, and a shiv knife to the back.

Power techs are pretty strong, but I just keep up Kolto injections, and same stealth out, heal up, and take out your weakened PT from stealth.
You people shame the Operative coat of honor.
Shield probe is crap and is the worst shield in the whole game. Evasion lasts for 3 seconds and it only works on some attacks. What about flash bang and debilitate?? How can you use them to beat a marauder. I guess you can flash bang and heal yourself up but he will probably trinket. And you cannot possibly kill a marauder in the duration of debilitate it just won't work. Also they have a s**t load defensive cooldowns probably the best ones in the game. You probably play a mara to say that they are "pathetically weak".

Now, you say you keep up Kolto injections... a 2.5 second cast.... are you serious??? I'm sorry but if you are able to heal yourself with a 2.5 second cast then there is something wrong with that PT. The only use for that heal is to get a medal for a 2.5k heal. And again there just isn't enough burst to take down a PT even if you re-stealth IMO you are just lying."Coat of honor" my ***. RP much?

Ryemfoh
07.25.2012 , 03:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dtebuev View Post
Shield probe is crap and is the worst shield in the whole game. Evasion lasts for 3 seconds and it only works on some attacks. What about flash bang and debilitate?? How can you use them to beat a marauder. I guess you can flash bang and heal yourself up but he will probably trinket. And you cannot possibly kill a marauder in the duration of debilitate it just won't work. Also they have a s**t load defensive cooldowns probably the best ones in the game. You probably play a mara to say that they are "pathetically weak".

Now, you say you keep up Kolto injections... a 2.5 second cast.... are you serious??? I'm sorry but if you are able to heal yourself with a 2.5 second cast then there is something wrong with that PT. The only use for that heal is to get a medal for a 2.5k heal. And again there just isn't enough burst to take down a PT even if you re-stealth IMO you are just lying."Coat of honor" my ***. RP much?
Depends on the Marauder ... many of them are FOTM re-rollers (probably ex-Operatives) with very little skill. PT's are more of a problem, mostly because it takes very little skill to take people down as a PT and they have the advantage of heavy armour and decent defensive CD's as well.
"Adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things" -- Silent Bob

zxckakel
07.25.2012 , 06:12 AM | #15
It's funny when people complain about a DPS class being good at... well DPS-ing. lol
I just came here for the PVP...
Vys 50 Sith Deception Assassin(ToFN), Krossus 50 imm/veng jugg (ToFN), Dethecus 50 carnage marauder(Malak/Fatman)

dtebuev
07.25.2012 , 10:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by zxckakel View Post
It's funny when people complain about a DPS class being good at... well DPS-ing. lol
Where do you see complaining? WE are simply stating that maras and powertechs are stupidly good.

Tobradex
07.25.2012 , 01:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by zxckakel View Post
I think you are missing one of the points of this thread which is us pointing out that a DPS class... well sucks at DPS-ing !
Xibrom - 50 Operative Healer

Oculi 50 Mercenary

bobmcbo
07.25.2012 , 05:54 PM | #18
don't give bw any ideas
.never forget

Anysao
08.17.2012 , 10:00 AM | #19
I'm back! My operative brothers, I have come to explains hat I meant in my original post.
A marauder has one disadvantage: armoring. Their defensive abilities don't last long, and undying rage takes 50% HP.
Flash bang is your friend. Use it when you need to interupt, heal, or just time out their defensive ability. If a marauder uses undying rage, throw a flashbang at them, when they stun-break, debilitate, get behind them, shoot poisons, backstabb, shiv, overload shots (good DPS in between shiv cool downs) and laceration, if you're speced. I suggest you cough up a tactical advantage for stim boost, and adrenaline probe for some CD spams. (use and. Probe only for those extra CDs, just to fit in more shots). An explosive probe followed by shiv is hilariously effective. Evasion is key, and shield probe should go WITH it. Use this if the marauder uses ravage, or something of similiar devastation. This next part is key: some marauders heal with bleed DOTS. Simply self-cleanse these ASAP!
Power techs are another story. It is a more confusing and close fight. My friend (power tech) volunteered to duel me while we test the Op vs PT problem. So far, I think I found their weaknesses. But screened and a vid will probably be better! I'll update them in if you want.

Furthermore, yes, I was pre-50, and now I'm not. I still do the same damage, I don't see a problem.
And the "coat of honor" was just a pun, because operative armor is usually a trench coat.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

bobmcbo
08.17.2012 , 01:04 PM | #20
I'm back! My operative brothers, I have come to explains hat I meant in my original post.
A marauder has one disadvantage: armoring. Their defensive abilities don't last long, and undying rage takes 50% HP.
Flash bang is your friend. Use it when you need to interupt, heal, or just time out their defensive ability. If a marauder uses undying rage, throw a flashbang at them, when they stun-break, debilitate, get behind them, shoot poisons, backstabb, shiv, overload shots (good DPS in between shiv cool downs) and laceration, if you're speced. I suggest you cough up a tactical advantage for stim boost, and adrenaline probe for some CD spams. (use and. Probe only for those extra CDs, just to fit in more shots). An explosive probe followed by shiv is hilariously effective. Evasion is key, and shield probe should go WITH it. Use this if the marauder uses ravage, or something of similiar devastation. This next part is key: some marauders heal with bleed DOTS. Simply self-cleanse these ASAP!
Power techs are another story. It is a more confusing and close fight. My friend (power tech) volunteered to duel me while we test the Op vs PT problem. So far, I think I found their weaknesses. But screened and a vid will probably be better! I'll update them in if you want.

Furthermore, yes, I was pre-50, and now I'm not. I still do the same damage, I don't see a problem.
And the "coat of honor" was just a pun, because operative armor is usually a trench coat.
their armoring is the same as ours- medium armor.
.never forget