life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the lowest form of nickle and diming I've ever seen. :mad:

The prices are high, and there's no chance of "saving up" cartel coins as they are "limited time".

It you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT. :(

It is the lowest form of nickle and diming I've ever seen. :mad:

The prices are high, and there's no chance of "saving up" cartel coins as they are "limited time".

If you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT. :(

What did you do with all the free Cartel coins given to you at the start (provided you had subbed for a number of months prior)?

People will eventually be posting the items on the GTN from the packs. Additionally if you have a sub you'll be given free Cartel Coins each month to spend, enough to buy a pack.

Life day items can be bought seperatedly or in a pack, so it's unlikely there'll be too much GTN over flow as people will just buy what they want.

With the price (2400 for full pack and what ~600 per month = 4 months) and the "limited time" availability of these subscribers won't be able to save up in time for ONE full pack, never mind if they want it on more than one toon.

They are trying to get subscriber to HAVE to pay extra, it seems they aren't even trying to pretend they aren't anymore.

What did you do with all the free Cartel coins given to you at the start (provided you had subbed for a number of months prior)?

Personally I've bought a couple of weapons and a bit of gear and a few unlocks.

I''ve still got some left, but not enough for even ONE complete pack at these prices.

Again do the maths (see above), this is "limited time" goods and if you want more than ONE pack (or if you don't have the coins now or next month) then you'll HAVE to buy more coins to get the items before they are pulled from the store.

Life day items can be bought seperatedly or in a pack, so it's unlikely there'll be too much GTN over flow as people will just buy what they want.

With the price (2400 for full pack and what ~600 per month = 4 months) and the "limited time" availability of these subscribers won't be able to save up in time for ONE full pack, never mind if they want it on more than one toon.

They are trying to get subscriber to HAVE to pay extra, it seems they aren't even trying to pretend they aren't anymore.

Well you're not being forced to buy them at gun point. If you don't want them, don't buy them.

Well you're not being forced to buy them at gun point. If you don't want them, don't buy them.

Indeed, but that's not how it works is it.

They dangle out something people will want at a price they can't quite afford.

As things stand to buy ONE Pack you'd have to have not spent anything on the cartel market since F2P, and if it's going to be 4 months of subs = ONE "event" cartel pack, then subscribers aren't going to be buying much else with their cartel coins, unless they fork out through the nose for extra coins. :mad:

Edited by Goretzu

I agree with you but of all the MMOS i have played, such events are tied into the actual world game content like special events, missions etc as an alternative to acquire some items.

I read all the patch notes and i found no such thing. I was hoping for some open world events or missions related to this event.

Technically if you can't buy them this year then there is always the next. Honestly if you really want them then buy the cartel coins.

Yeah it seems like gouging but then again it also means your more unique as I am sure they will release something different next life day.

To me they don't really seem much and the last thing I want is to grind Social points to get them from a vendor and where in the hell would a quest work for this, especially when we can't go to Kashyyk.

Technically if you can't buy them this year then there is always the next. Honestly if you really want them then buy the cartel coins.

Yeah it seems like gouging but then again it also means your more unique as I am sure they will release something different next life day.

To me they don't really seem much and the last thing I want is to grind Social points to get them from a vendor and where in the hell would a quest work for this, especially when we can't go to Kashyyk.

That's basically because it IS gouging. :)

Indeed, but that's not how it works is it.

They dangle out something people will want at a price they can't quite afford.

As things stand to buy ONE Pack you'd have to have not spent anything on the cartel market since F2P, and if it's going to be 4 months of subs = ONE "event" cartel pack, then subscribers aren't going to be buying much else with their cartel coins, unless they fork out through the nose for extra coins. :mad:

Well you obviously seem to want them but you don't want to pay either. Don't worry about what other people do with their money but your own. You have the will to either resist the urge of purchasing them or let go of a couple dollars to buy a pack.

I think this patch is a bit dissapointing , never seen an mmo charge you for festival fluff, come on fireworks for cartel coins? there should be a quest thing a festival were the players could have some fun , new things to do, play minigames etc. fluff like fireworks should be a reward for those things.

BW/EA is rly milking the cow till its last drop atm

I think this patch is a bit dissapointing , never seen an mmo charge you for festival fluff, come on fireworks for cartel coins? there should be a quest thing a festival were the players could have some fun , new things to do, play minigames etc. fluff like fireworks should be a reward for those things.

BW/EA is rly milking the cow till its last drop atm

Correction but every MMO with cash shop out there charge you for holiday items, only difference between SWTOR and other MMOS is that in other MMOS there are special events and quests that works as an alternative way to get some holiday items.

I am surprised they are even calling this an 'event'.

Pretty much in line with the amount I spent on gems in GW2 to buy the halloween outfits. Nothing new to be seen here honestly.

In GW2 along with new cash shop items there was plenty of new content allowing players to get holiday items through pvp and pve. Do you see anything like that in SWTOR holiday event other than new addition to cash shop? where are the events?

Edited by Gorrdan

I agree with you but of all the MMOS i have played, such events are tied into the actual world game content like special events, missions etc as an alternative to acquire some items.

I read all the patch notes and i found no such thing. I was hoping for some open world events or missions related to this event.

Life Day is a Wookiee tradition and a sort of equivalent to Christmas. Once Kashyyyk is made explorable in the game, then can the developers properly expand the event to play similar to the Grand Acquisitions Race or the Rakghoul event. All we can do is hope that the devs are already planning on making Kashyyyk available in the near-future.

I don't see an issue.

These items are for show and not necessary at all.

If you want them pay up, if you can't afford them well then how can you afford $15 a month for a game?

It's like someone who doesn't tip a server well. If you can't afford the tip then how can you afford to eat out? oh that's because you can afford the tip you're just cheap and can't admit that to yourself.

People will eventually be posting the items on the GTN from the packs. Additionally if you have a sub you'll be given free Cartel Coins each month to spend, enough to buy a pack.

Only a pack with 90% of getting a rubbish out of it. Soz, it's not working. Life Day items are not in the packs, they're sold on their own and while your monthly allowance is enough for consumables, the robe (tenner) and a mount price (nearly 20 quid!) is just sick. There is no way I will be spending additional money to celebrate stuff like this. :p

Well you obviously seem to want them but you don't want to pay either. Don't worry about what other people do with their money but your own. You have the will to either resist the urge of purchasing them or let go of a couple dollars to buy a pack.

In every other MMORPG I've ever played if I want Christmas event items as a subscriber, I've got to do the event.

In SWTOR seemingly if I want Christmas "event" (there likely won't BE an event, of course) items I've got to "pay" 4 months of subscriber coins per toon.

Now take the Rakghoul event, I completed that on 8 seperate toons, to do that for Life Day I'd need 19200 Cartel Coins :eek: (which is 2.6 years of subscription coins).

This is gouging subscribers, there's not other way to discribe it, and i'm not daft enough to fall for it, but as a paying subscriber I'm very much going to complain about nonsense like this. :mad:

Pretty much in line with the amount I spent on gems in GW2 to buy the halloween outfits. Nothing new to be seen here honestly.

Pretty much in line? I spent 70 € to buy the game at launch, plus subscription every month and no way to get the cash shop items (even if you saved up complimentary cartel coins) without paying additional money.

You think 2400 CC are IN LINE?

On The Secret World items on cash shop are available in game, why this isn't happening on SWTOR?

Edited by DeadlyConqueror

Soooo all that gear that we'd normally acquire through some kind of 'fun' activity... is now purchased with real cash... Real cash earned from 'unfun' activities like ... you know... working a part time job (in my case at least).

I know I know i don't HAVE to buy them, or alternatively I could buy them off GTN.. but come on BW.. you've had two events over 12 months, and the first event was all about the colour crystals, second was mainly aimed at classes that can use blaster rifle's.. and now the third is going to cost us additional money to even access? Lame.

Welcome to Life Day - the SWTOR equivalent of Christmas - Now fork over more cash!

"Shut your face, you got free fireworks!"

This 'Life Day' BW has come out with doesn't so much feel like the company celebrating the holidays with us, and in addition the ToRnniversary, but instead feel's like they're sitting they're licking their lips and rubbing their hands together over all the money they're about to make.

Cant wait till they re-do the rakghoul plague - INFECT OTHERS ~ ONLY 150 Cartel Coins per infection. Turning in quest will also require you pay 150 cartel coins.

Edited by Nanglez

I think you completely missed the point.

They keep talking about "events," and how we should expect superawesomefun "events," and previously "events" meant fun new limited time quests with unique rewards.

Now apparently "events" means LIMITED TIME SALE ONLY $20USD!!!"