life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

You assume that folks aren't aware of that. The thing about F2P is that some people have control over themselves. I don't buy a lot of the crap on the market. None of the Life Day stuff appeals to me so I don't buy it. There are things on the market that I do like however so I will buy those.

I don't get upset because really, if the game eventually fails, I don't care. I've had fun while I was here.

That's the thing though, a lot of people (including myself) really DON'T want to see SWTOR fail, but things like this drive it square down that road of failure. :mad:

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You assume that folks aren't aware of that. The thing about F2P is that some people have control over themselves. I don't buy a lot of the crap on the market. None of the Life Day stuff appeals to me so I don't buy it. There are things on the market that I do like however so I will buy those.

I don't get upset because really, if the game eventually fails, I don't care. I've had fun while I was here.

It would be nice to have a Star Wars Themed MMORPG that would actually succeed. This IP seems to be "cursed". I don't expect SWTOR to survive another year. If EA keeps this crap up it will only be in maintenance mode by years end along with EAs other failed "MMORPGs" (e.g. WAR).

WoW: one MMORPG to rule them all it seems. :rolleyes:

That's the thing though, a lot of people (including myself) really DON'T want to see SWTOR fail, but things like this drive it square down that road of failure. :mad:

This response isn't necessarily to Goretzu:

Making the General Forums a pit of negativity drives the perception that the game is failing. Constructive criticism creates the perception that the game has a healthy and engaged playerbase.

So if people really want the game to succeed, then yes, give feedback. But be polite, be reasonable. Be passionate for sure, but that can be done without being a jerk to the devs.

I'd be happy for anyone to leave if the priceing on cosmetic clothes is what caused them to be done with the game. That kind of player is not need.

I think I speak for others when I say it's players like you that are not needed.

I'd be happy for anyone to leave if the priceing on cosmetic clothes is what caused them to be done with the game. That kind of player is not need.

If it was, bugs to WZ, or OPS or almost any number of other things, I could see griping about. Make a post about it.

Crying cause you can't get something for cheap and is sold under the marketing banner of "limited time" and thats what killed the game for you? Yea, I'll never see that point of view given it's a video game.

Is thats whats causing the uproar or is it the lack of any event and everything and anything being humped into the Cartel market?

Given it's items with no real need, it could be triple and I wouldn't care.

That's not the same thing though.

And given that you're posting quite clearly you DO care........ or you wouldn't be posting about it. :confused:

Thats good, I'd hate for a game to be good but because a price was to high for you on items you do not in any capacity need but simply want was out of reach for you killed the entire game.

If that causes you to go. All I have for you is /wavegoodbye

I run 4 MMORPG subs (including this one), money isn't the issue, but you are right principles cannot be bought. :)

If it was, bugs to WZ, or OPS or almost any number of other things, I could see griping about. Make a post about it.

Crying cause you can't get something for cheap and is sold under the marketing banner of "limited time" and thats what killed the game for you? Yea, I'll never see that point of view given it's a video game.

As I said I thought you'd say you were happy those 2,000,000 players left. :) I very much doubt Bioware EA or all those that lost thier jobs at Bioware EA because of it agree with you though. :(

Different items have different cost. Nothing wrong with that. That marketing is already throughout the entire game.

Again none of those have "limited time" items at that scale of cost to subscriber coins, NONE. :rolleyes:

Sure there is but I bet you can't see it. You're arguing that in a video game that is played for nothing more than entertainment should have some kind of rules that limit what some will or will not pay for.

If the popcorn is too much, don't pay for it but the movie is crap because of it.

It's all entertainment and the price is what people will pay. If they don't want to pay for it then thats good too. You don't like it thats fine, but whining cause you can't get cheap popcorn. Ridiculous.

Whining cause you can't get cheap items off the cartel market. Ridiculous as well.

So you wouldn't complain in a resteraunt if there was dead spider in the middle of your steak, fair enough, you and me differ in many respects it seems. :)

White-knighting this point maybe. The entire game no not always but seeing the nature of your complaint, I'll be happy to to argue the other side to your point of view which I find entirely ridiculous.

Name one thing you dislike about SWTOR then? Except if you did then you'd be "ridiculous" complaing about a game which is something you say you could never do. Which leaves me a bit confused to be honest. :confused:

Edited by Goretzu

The fact that they didn't even bother to put in an actual event and just slapped stuff on the CC is kind of insulting.

IMO, they should have given all subs a Life Day pack for free if they were going to go this route. The prices of the items in the CC are just insane.

It would be nice to have a Star Wars Themed MMORPG that would actually succeed. This IP seems to be "cursed". I don't expect SWTOR to survive another year. If EA keeps this crap up it will only be in maintenance mode by years end along with EAs other failed "MMORPGs" (e.g. WAR).

To many people Star Wars Galaxies did succeed. I hated it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't successful. I think SOE and LucasArts made some money. Likewise, I like SWTOR and I think SWTOR has or eventually will return its investment and then some to EA and LucasArts.

The game doesn't have to be WoW. WoW is a very successful game and very well done. But the failure to be WoW isn't a failure. The failure to earn your expected ROI is a failure. I suspect SWTOR might have failed in that regard, but that's irrelevant to me as I don't own EA stock. :jawa_biggrin:

It's cursed by GREED!!! Nothing but pure GREED is to blame for Star Wars MMOs failing. Happened in SWG with the CU as they needed to keep up with W0W, and again with the NGE...now it's happened here with most of the same guys who sunk SWG, pretending they knew best what Star Wars fans wanted...now that they've failed again, they turn to the cash shop to milk their players...this has been the plan all along.

SWTOR didn't cost 150+mil to make...it couldn't have. SWTOR was simply designed to be a F2P cash shop.

Making the General Forums a pit of negativity drives the perception that the game is failing. Constructive criticism creates the perception that the game has a healthy and engaged playerbase.

So if people really want the game to succeed, then yes, give feedback. But be polite, be reasonable. Be passionate for sure, but that can be done without being a jerk to the devs.

how more naive can you be?

its been 1 year since ppl give "contructive criticism" , look at the state of game NOW and the path its going.

reasonable? jerk to the devs?

what about them shating in our faces?

The fact that they didn't even bother to put in an actual event and just slapped stuff on the CC is kind of insulting.

IMO, they should have given all subs a Life Day pack for free if they were going to go this route. The prices of the items in the CC are just insane.

OR a in-game mail which reward one of the rewards at least.

....and wehre is out in-game means of acquiring these items like were were promised...

Pretending everything is great doesn't work.

The first 6 months of this (and many other MMORPGs) have proven that (repeatedly).

Getting bad/wrong things fixed helps games, nothing else.

how more naive can you be?

its been 1 year since ppl give "contructive criticism" , look at the state of game NOW and the path its going.

reasonable? jerk to the devs?

what about them shating in our faces?

Truth right here!

You can repeat that garbage all you want it doesnt change the fact youre supporting this nonsense. Youre the sucker that EA speaks of. Youre the type of sucker thats keeps telling them its ok to develop bare minimum product and sell the rest for more.

All youre saying is you have every right to do it. Sure ... you do, unfortunately people have all sorts of "rights" in this country. Doesnt make them any better. So thanks for your continued support of whats wrong with the gaming industry. Id give you the whole "hope your proud of yourself" thing ... but those like you usually are.

So long aas YOURE not being screwed (yet) ... to hell with the rest of them.

And if I be a sucker, then at least I will die a happy and satisfied sucker exercising my free will as I see fit. As you said, people have all sorts of rights and that doesn't make them any better - including you and yours. You have the right to unsub from the game and find one that is more to your liking. Again, Free Choice. What is truly wrong with the gaming industry are players in the community who only think that there is one way to do something, which just happens to coincide with their own personal feelings, and that way is the right way and everyone else is wrong.

BJ

And if I be a sucker, then at least I will die a happy and satisfied sucker exercising my free will as I see fit. As you said, people have all sorts of rights and that doesn't make them any better - including you and yours. You have the right to unsub from the game and find one that is more to your liking. Again, Free Choice. What is truly wrong with the gaming industry are players in the community who only think that there is one way to do something, which just happens to coincide with their own personal feelings, and that way is the right way and everyone else is wrong.

BJ

I don't understand why you think that if a subscriber doesn't like AN aspect of an MMORPG their only choice is to unsub.

I can't imagine that would go down well in a Bioware EA management meeting or most any other MMORPG company either.

Without customers a game is nothing, the very purpose of any MMORPG is always to NOT have thier subscriber quit. :confused:

So is anyone else happy about the hared loot between the crime lords pack and blockade runners pack. Like holy *********** hell why waste the time adding another pack.

And could the life day robes be anymore *********** ugly.

Sweet Jesus.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am. I'm pleased. I hope it teaches people to slow down on buying packs.

THIS times a million

Why sub? Why make us sub to actually play the game? If you wanna raid you need to sub or you spend more money then you would to sub anyways. But why Sub when the events are pay to play?

GW2 has had 2 events, and they had cash shop item AND items you get just by playing in the events. THAT is what F2P games that aren't greedy do.

It isn't that there are items in the cash shop, it is that ALL the items are in it.

And don't get me started on the space mission items also ONLY being CC items. Pay to WIN sucks.

That's basically because it IS gouging. :)

You don't understand the concept of price gouging.

Price gouging occurs when someone is FORCED to pay a set price for something they HAVE to have such as fuel, food etc. to name a few examples.

The packs for this event are in no way required, you don't HAVE to have them. Therefore this is not price gouging.

I guess I'll never really understand why people think that EA/Bioware is doing something underhanded when this is simply marketing their product. You are under absolutely no obligation to purchase any of it. As with everything in this game your choices are the same; pony up and spend the money to get what want or don't. Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to do anything. If you're unhappy with how this is being implemented, vote with your wallet and don't buy any of it or even quit the game. Raging in the forums about it is both pointless and tactless.

Why do you think you couldn't do that? :confused:

Your mean what you can basically do in a sandbox like eve or swg??

I didn't say I didn't think I can't go in and demand things - I know I can, but how would the dedicated playerbase and fans of the games think of others coming in and demanding the game be changed into something it is not.

Well, in the case of SWG we have this after the NWG was dropped, which pretty much did just that:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90820&start=1280&tstart=0

I don't understand why you think that if a subscriber doesn't like AN aspect of an MMORPG their only choice is to unsub.

I can't imagine that would go down well in a Bioware EA management meeting or most any other MMORPG company either.

Without customers a game is nothing, the very purpose of any MMORPG is always to NOT have thier subscriber quit. :confused:

I didn't say that it was their only choice. But see above for the point. I am of the belief of not changing the game into something it is was not intended to be (such as sandbox vs. themepark), therefore while subscribers have the right to post their opinions on the direction of content, I would much rather them unsub than change what the core of the game is, because it then becomes something I may not enjoy and therefore unsub myself. As it is now, I have no problem with the design nor direction of the game and will continue to support it.

BJ

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

I am. I'm pleased. I hope it teaches people to slow down on buying packs.

:(

:o

I already bought 3.

I got Revans Armor ( I KNOW RIGHT CAUSE LOL)

A C@-N@ custom

and a Toy Remote IMPERIAL Fighter.

Now I can't decide what I want more the Holo-Tree or the Tinsel Bomb.

And the Orb is lame.

Edit:

Also a new Longspur ROYAL mount

Revans dress

and the menace emote :C

Now coming to a SWTOR near you DARTH VADARS ARMOR!!!!!!!! CAuse EA can make money on it!

Edited by wrmrstacrdwower

Pretending everything is great doesn't work.

The first 6 months of this (and many other MMORPGs) have proven that (repeatedly).

Getting bad/wrong things fixed helps games, nothing else.

You don't have to pretend everything is great. This thread for example could have been something like this:

I looked at the Life Day items now available on the Cartel Market. While I love the game, I am really angry about these items. I have played other MMOs in the past, but I have never had to pay for holiday items. I really think these should be part of an event.

Instead of:

life day items on cartel market insulting

Well i love swtor but I have to say this makes me mad. This is the first mmo that I have ever played that makes you pay to enjoy holiday fun. There should really be quests to get these items at least for subs. This is a big fat fail imo bioware.

See the difference? Same thought expressed, without making a complete donkey of yourself. Sure any negative feedback can get trolled. I'm not going to lie and say that all the game's defenders are fair. But if you take the high road, you get a better discussion and a better chance that Bioware will listen to you.

You don't understand the concept of price gouging.

Price gouging occurs when someone is FORCED to pay a set price for something they HAVE to have such as fuel, food etc. to name a few examples.

The packs for this event are in no way required, you don't HAVE to have them. Therefore this is not price gouging.

I guess I'll never really understand why people think that EA/Bioware is doing something underhanded when this is simply marketing their product. You are under absolutely no obligation to purchase any of it. As with everything in this game your choices are the same; pony up and spend the money to get what want or don't. Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to do anything. If you're unhappy with how this is being implemented, vote with your wallet and don't buy any of it or even quit the game. Raging in the forums about it is both pointless and tactless.

No, I think it is, instead of the issue being a limited supply (as it usually is), the issue is instead a limited time carefully considered with a limited subscriber income.

I suspect this has been carefully planned in the hope that it does drive people toward buying what are very, VERY over priced items.