What about saboteurs?

Elessara

So here's the little blurb for the next update that includes the Alderaan stronghold. Apparently there's a bit of story in there as well.

https://www.swtor.com/onslaught/overview

Under the section for 6.1 it has two bullet points under Story, one for Republic aligned characters and one for Imperial aligned characters. So ... does that mean saboteurs will play as the faction they're actually aligned with or the one they're only pretending to be aligned with? It concerns me somewhat that nothing was mentioned about saboteurs and it makes me begin to think that it'll be about as impactful a choice as choosing to join the Republic at the end of the Imperial Agent vanilla story.

Edit: Bleh that link didn't open to the correct part. Scroll down to where it says The Fight Continues, then on the left click on Pinnacles of Power.

Edited by Elessara

Honestly? I would love a defector series of quests that actually allow me to switch sides. An Imperial Agent seeing the light nows fight for the Republic ala Fulcrum scenario from Rebels.

In reality, there are too many obstacles to make this an actual possibility. For instance, what space station does the IA call fleet now? Where do they park? Can they travel to Coruscant? Are they flagged as Imp or Pub? They can join a Pub guild? Do they queue as Imp or Pub? and so forth... There would have to be drastic changes to the core game. I don't think they'll spend what little money they have to do this, but I've been wrong before. 10 year anniversary is on the horizon and the game is still alive so who knows?

Honestly? I would love a defector series of quests that actually allow me to switch sides. An Imperial Agent seeing the light nows fight for the Republic ala Fulcrum scenario from Rebels.

In reality, there are too many obstacles to make this an actual possibility. For instance, what space station does the IA call fleet now? Where do they park? Can they travel to Coruscant? Are they flagged as Imp or Pub? They can join a Pub guild? Do they queue as Imp or Pub? and so forth... There would have to be drastic changes to the core game. I don't think they'll spend what little money they have to do this, but I've been wrong before. 10 year anniversary is on the horizon and the game is still alive so who knows?

I would totally love it if they *could* do a complete defection ... buuuut yeah I get there are probably too many technical/programming limitations. They *have* however put in the saboteur storyline but then didn't bother to mention it in the options for the next story bit. If they're not going to put equal time into the saboteur storyline (which honestly they really haven't, it's mostly just follow your original faction story with some dialogue differences) then why even bother making it an option?