Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anthem getting an overhaul/rework

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Anthem getting an overhaul/rework

merovejec
02.12.2020 , 06:09 AM | #21
They should have let it drift away like they did with the games director, Ben Irving.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link

Nemmar
02.12.2020 , 08:03 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I wonder if the sources saying some are calling it Anthem Next are trying to hint that they think it's a bad idea, considering EQNext failed to get out of development.
Cute, but they are referencing No man's sky's "next".

Pietrastor
02.12.2020 , 08:24 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkchip View Post
The fact that they are still pumping money and resources into that game over SWTOR really doesn't paint a pretty picture for us to be honest.

I know that they only had a limited time contract on being able to make/update this game and it only has 3 more years until that contract is up. To me it sounds like they have already given up on this game and are focusing on one that doesn't have a expirey date.

This blows so hard that AGAIN we are getting ****ed because of that game not to mention that they are also working on DA4 and if rumors are true a KOTOR remake which is the only shining light we have to look forwards to which with how bad reforged was i don't have much hope in a KOTOR remake nowadays either.
SWTOR contract is separate from 10-year exclusivity deal EA has with Disney, SWTOR was commisioned way before that. Doesn't change the fact that any major Anthem redevlopement pretty much equals less resources for SWTOR. Ironic, as unless there's some miracle FFXIV/ESO/NMS style rehaul, Anthem will only waste more money, resources and manpower while stable-even-if-not-megahit SWTOR will once again miss out on a chance to be more than it is.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

bassfu
02.13.2020 , 09:34 PM | #24
**** BW at this point, can't wait for EA to throw them in that ditch alongside Westwood and Maxis.

MikeCobalt
02.15.2020 , 02:25 PM | #25
Anthem gets another chance Rework and another introduction = Nothing for SWTOR for a while. Another Content Drought.

Nemmar
02.15.2020 , 07:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
Anthem gets another chance Rework and another introduction = Nothing for SWTOR for a while. Another Content Drought.
I really don't think that is the case. SWTOR has an organised development team now. While i dont expect a lot, i expect patches to continue. I expect to get a new zone on the next patch around may or so.
Onslaught was a sucess and theres no reason to waste the momentum the game has now.

I understand why they want to salvage Anthem. While SWTOR is the safer game, it also has a risk in terms of the license.
Anthem is the safety net for Bioware. But with swtor doing well and EA finally getting a hit on jedi order, it's unlikely the partnership will end.

I just wish Keith had been producer from the beginning. This game would be in a much better state now.