The future of Ossus crystals and gear with 6.0

DaemionMoadrin

Once 6.0 goes live there will be many changes, good and bad.

My question is... what happens to the Ossus gear and the crystals? Will that stay as it is but lose relevance because there will be better gear? Or will the crystals be removed/replaced?

Would it be better to save the crystals or to spend them now? Is there a point in buying crystals with UCs?

Edit: What about CMTs? Craft augments/gear with that or save them?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DaemionMoadrin

My question is... what happens to the Ossus gear and the crystals? Will that stay as it is but lose relevance because there will be better gear? Or will the crystals be removed/replaced?

They're going away and are going to be turned into credits going into 6.0

Would it be better to save the crystals or to spend them now? Is there a point in buying crystals with UCs?

If you have crystals spend it, Eric already told us to spend all our crystals and UCs. As for your second question it depends, if you have many characters that aren't geared in Tier 2 already I'd say to spend it on them but if you want your main to get the best gear possible then get the crystals I guess. I've been using them to gear up alts myself.

Edit: What about CMTs? Craft augments/gear with that or save them?

I'd sell any current mats that you won't be using. Good to way to make some credits before the expansion too, the market isn't as great anymore but... its still profitable.

Is it worth it, to buy the 252-258 gear with crystals (that are going to converted into credits), while in a month new gear rating is going to come?

if you put them on your main, you can always pull them out, put them in to legacy gear and just give it to your less geared chars when your char gets the new stuff. Or even just sell them, you'll probaly get more from vendering them then you would for the crystals when they change to credits anyway

Edited by DarkTergon

Is it worth it, to buy the 252-258 gear with crystals (that are going to converted into credits), while in a month new gear rating is going to come?

Its going to be more than a month (a lot more since I expect a delay), and I guess it depends on whatever else you plan on doing between now and then.

We are likely to get a delay so yes it's worth it.. You still have plenty of time. The crystals will be useless in 6.0 so there is no point keeping the around. Just buy gear with them and enjoy the last few weeks of the current set bonuses and gearing.

Masterwork crystals and UC are going to converted into credits.

Do we know what it will be their convert rates?

Edit: Also do we know if 258 gear will become legacy bind?

(as Rishi ones, in the past)

They said that new gear will be legacy bound, or I didn't get it right.

The old ones?

Edited by WizardGR