Offical Professionals 101 PVP Guide: Enjoyment and Tips

Sangrar

Hello there pvpers, I am here today to tell you guys all the ways to bring the spark back into your pvp lives as well as tips for the beginners too. You pvp, get the same warzone over and over, after 5 or 6 matches, it gets monotonous, so how do you spice it up? And also, your geared to the brim and have nothing left, what now? well this guide will teach you how to enjoy yourself.

Step 1: Know Yourself

make sure you know what you are doing. Usually you know by now what your class is capable of, whether its dps, tanking or healing. If your a sniper, its obvious you are stationary in contrast to a scoundrel who is a mobile dps. If your a tank or even if you are not a tank but still have taunts/mind control and other aggro controlling abilities, USE THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE on targets THAT ARE NOT TARGETING YOU, you get more medals, and reduce the amount of damage being taken on teammates that way. To know whether or not a target is targeting you or someone else, go into the interface changer, about the target window there is a red box that says target of target, click on that and when the box comes up activate it so it will show up.

also, know what gear you will be going for, what stats you need, what secondary stats as well, because for example if your a healer then absorption rating does nothing for you so make sure to note that. You think that would go without saying, but today I just saw a Maurader who was using CUNNING GEAR!!! :mad:

and if you do not know, ask at fleet, there are usually a few people who will give you a decent answer and who will help you, as well as guildies if you have them. Also, use the test Dummies on the Ziost Shadow or Gav Daragon on Fleet, get your rotation down, hone it.

Step 2: GET PUMPED: @@@@!!!!! :tran_grin::rak_03::eek::rod_evil_g:

you need to get excited, you do not win warzones with a "whatever" attitude!!! You could die in that warzone for ****'s sake!! You need to get pumped LIKE THIS!!!

live life to the fullest!!! Even if you lose then at least you know you had fun.

Step 3: Pick out some MUSIC BRO!!!

whats better than a song that fits you, that helps you keep pumped while in combat and fighting for victory.

For example, see how this video is enhanced with the song Battle Cry. Its an average to mediocre performance since i barely use that character, but see how epic it looks and sounds when you hear the glorious music. It inflames the soul!!!

Now here is a list of song examples for different situations from my personal playbook:

On Sith:

. It fits the paranoid, fearful, powerful, angry Sith part perfectly.

On Jedi:

. Now that definitely fits the whole Jedi protector and hope for the Republic thing.

When you face your toughest challenge yet:

. For obvious reasons.

Premading: The Avengers theme. Cause alone you are strong, and together you are unstoppable :rak_03:

Smuggler/agent:

. Cause you are just that bada** :cool:

Trooper:

. Serving the Republic is a struggle, but you will persevere despite all that happens, cause you are the Republics Best.

Bounty Hunter:

. Need I say more :rak_02:

Fighting hard against impossible odds and winning:

. Reason is obvious

In an epic fight against your most powerful enemies: Battle of the Heroes.. Title says it all.

And just having fun Killing noobs: Your Face Looks Like a buttcrack. Yes I went there :rak_03:

there are just examples, enjoy them though, and think of your own, get the blood burning bro!!!

Step 3: Communication is key.

talk with the group you get before the match, figure out what you are going to do, say hi, know how many healers and tanks you got and how they will be arranged, and have a plan so by the time you get down into combat you know what is going on. And always, always, ALWAYS!!!! call inc. Provide numbers if possible too, it always helps to know how many people are attacking, its its one guy against two guards then not too big of a deal, but if your team does not know and 3 guys go over, those are people not defending something else, so communication is key.

Step 4: find a guild or friends you like and love to hang out with, or meet new people and get to know them, and do some matches with them, hang out, get to know eachothers strengths and weaknesses, and more importantly how to adapt to both at a moments notice. Its always fun to play with friends.

Step 5: drinks

You got to get the right drinks in your system before a match, and to take during those times waiting to respawn in an arena or waiting to get out of the waiting area of a warzone. What you need is oftentimes something caffinated or something suggery, something to give you those extra calories you need to fight in the intensity. For that I reccomend Coca-Cola or Pepsi ( depending on which side you have taken). Also, Mountain Dew is known as "gamer Fuel" to many. For advice on Mountain Dew,

I will add more stuff as I go, for right now here is the preliminary professional guide. Feel free to comment and thank me below :rak_03:

Edited by Sangrar

Hello there pvpers, I am here today to tell you guys all the ways to bring the spark back into your pvp lives as well as tips for the beginners too. You pvp, get the same warzone over and over, after 5 or 6 matches, it gets monotonous, so how do you spice it up? And also, your geared to the brim and have nothing left, what now? well this guide will teach you how to enjoy yourself.

Step 1: KNOW YOURSELF:

make sure you know what you are doing. Usually you know by now what your class is capable of, whether its dps, tanking or healing. If your a sniper, its obvious you are stationary in contrast to a scoundrel who is a mobile dps. If your a tank or even if you are not a tank but still have taunts/mind control and other aggro controlling abilities, USE THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE on targets THAT ARE NOT TARGETING YOU, you get more medals, and reduce the amount of damage being taken on teammates that way. To know whether or not a target is targeting you or someone else, go into the interface changer, about the target window there is a red box that says target of target, click on that and when the box comes up activate it so it will show up.

also, know what gear you will be going for, what stats you need, what secondary stats as well, because for example if your a healer then absorption rating does nothing for you so make sure to note that. You think that would go without saying, but today I just saw a Maurader who was using CUNNING GEAR!!! :mad:

and if you do not know, ask at fleet, there are usually a few people who will give you a decent answer and who will help you, as well as guildies if you have them. Also, use the test Dummies on the Ziost Shadow or Gav Daragon on Fleet, get your rotation down, hone it.

Step 2: GET PUMPED: @@@@!!!!! :tran_grin::rak_03::eek::rod_evil_g:

you need to get excited, you do not win warzones with a "whatever" attitude!!! You could die in that warzone for ****'s sake!! You need to get pumped LIKE THIS!!!

live life to the fullest!!! Even if you lose then at least you know you had fun.

Step 3: Pick out some MUSIC BRO!!!

whats better than a song that fits you, that helps you keep pumped while in combat and fighting for victory.

For example, see how this video is enhanced with the song Battle Cry. Its an average to mediocre performance since i barely use that character, but see how epic it looks and sounds when you hear the glorious music. It inflames the soul!!!

Now here is a list of song examples for different situations from my personal playbook:

On Sith:

. It fits the paranoid, fearful, powerful, angry Sith part perfectly.

On Jedi:

. Now that definitely fits the whole Jedi protector and hope for the Republic thing.

Premading: The Avengers theme. Cause alone you are strong, and together you are unstoppable :rak_03:

Smuggler/agent:

. Cause you are just that bada** :cool:

Trooper:

. Serving the Republic is a struggle, but you will persevere despite all that happens, cause you are the Republics Best.

Bounty Hunter:

. Need I say more :rak_02:

Fighting hard against impossible odds and winning:

. Reason is obvious

In an epic fight against your most powerful enemies: Battle of the Heroes.. Title says it all.

And just having fun Killing noobs: Your Face Looks Like a buttcrack. Yes I went there :rak_03:

there are just examples, enjoy them though, and think of your own, get the blood burning bro!!!

Step 3: Communication is key.

talk with the group you get before the match, figure out what you are going to do, say hi, know how many healers and tanks you got and how they will be arranged, and have a plan so by the time you get down into combat you know what is going on. And always, always, ALWAYS!!!! call inc. Provide numbers if possible too, it always helps to know how many people are attacking, its its one guy against two guards then not too big of a deal, but if your team does not know and 3 guys go over, those are people not defending something else, so communication is key.

Step 4: find a guild or friends you like and love to hang out with, or meet new people and get to know them, and do some matches with them, hang out, get to know eachothers strengths and weaknesses, and more importantly how to adapt to both at a moments notice. Its always fun to play with friends.

Step 5: drinks

You got to get the right drinks in your system before a match, and to take during those times waiting to respawn in an arena or waiting to get out of the waiting area of a warzone. What you need is oftentimes something caffinated or something suggery, something to give you those extra calories you need to fight in the intensity. For that I reccomend Coca-Cola or Pepsi ( depending on which side you have taken). Also, Mountain Dew is known as "gamer Fuel" to many. For advice on Mountain Dew,

I will add more stuff as I go, for right now here is the preliminary professional guide. Feel free to comment and thank me below :rak_03:

Bro do any of your toons even have a rating?

Is this satire or serious ? :confused:

half and half really, I do give some good genuine tips as well as give some stuff that I know I use to have fun on a regular basis, plus throwing a joke or two in there for good measure. I mean, who doesn't like getting pumped before a match? I think the guy who is excited and thrilled does better in the warzone than the guy who is "whatever I just want to get my dailies over with".

Edited by Sangrar

Step 6: ah well everybody's heard, about the bird, bird bird bird, b bird's the word

anyway, I have updated the original post to be more aesthetically pleasing. Enjoy

Edited by Sangrar