Madness Sins /Balance Shadows

xAgonyyy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting. when juggs got buff to ED, then everybody was QQing hard, but even then juggs didn't dominated team ranked. now one spec is dominant in most competetive mode in this game, and everyone are cool about that.

interesting :cool:

Lol, dominate in team ranked. Good one. It's been out 2 days. His definition of dominating is: "the only other team that plays team ranked on my server beat us and they happened to have a madness sin, so it must be because madness sins are OP and dominating ranked".

The overall damage a madness sin does is on par with other specs, but it is not even close to the highest. This has been already tested by many people on PTS. Add to that the TTK is still pretty long, the highest damaging moves require the sin to be in 4m range (the setup of CrD and assassinate) and his armor is the weakest in the game. It's not the sin's fault that people ignore him and let him free cast even though he is 4m away.

A madness sorc is way stronger at this point in group ranked.

Squishiest melee class in game running back-loaded dot spec

Must be op in ranked

Shadow/Assassin definitely not squishiest. Perhaps the Balance spec itself is squishy, but Deception can be quite tough and has noticably more survivability than my Sentinel, primarily with the use of Stealth to last longer.

Shadow/Assassin definitely not squishiest. Perhaps the Balance spec itself is squishy, but Deception can be quite tough and has noticably more survivability than my Sentinel, primarily with the use of Stealth to last longer.

This thread is about madness/balance sins/shadows. And you guys have stealth as well. 4 seconds you say? Lasts about the same for us as well with all the DoTs currently available. I find myself using combat stealth offensively more than anything nowadays.

Edited by sithBracer

You think marauders are squishier than sins, that's interesting let's do a comparison:

Cloak vs camo: about the same. In madness spec, your dots will keep you in combat so no sap seething. Camo is probably better than madness cloak.

Undying vs shroud: a fair contest after the nerf, both prevent major damage and both have big drawbacks.

Deflection vs saber ward: no contest, saber ward is superior.

Self regen: both classes have several sources, sins probably a bit better here though.

Armor: maras have way more armor.

Range: same range essentially

Utility/cc: maras have an aoe mezz, which is superior to having a lot of single target cc IMO. You could argue sins are close or have a minor advantage even though. Maras definitely have more team utility though, while sins have phase walk.

Looks about even to me if not sins being worse off in survivability. Honestly if anything all the maras are finally getting a taste of what sins have been dealing with since release.

While madness sin QQ may seem inappropriate- considering that they've been underpowered for....ever- it is true that the spec is a now a little too strong. You could agree to a slight nerf. Or you could allow them to be OP for a little while and then get nerfed back into the ground. Overcompensating for past underpoweredness by making that spec OP is not a solution. Also, madness sorc didn't need any more buffs ***, stupid pve. Edited by JediMasterSLC

While madness sin QQ may seem inappropriate- considering that they've been underpowered for....ever- it is true that the spec is a now a little too strong. You could agree to a slight nerf. Or you could allow them to be OP for a little while and then get nerfed back into the ground. Overcompensating for past underpoweredness by making that spec OP is not a solution. Also, madness sorc didn't need any more buffs ***, stupid pve.

What is strong about us? Our burst is still just "okay", the sustained pressure damage is great, our DR is laughable.

We got a damage buff that still does not put us on top in parses, we got a proc that allows us to use assassinate on enemies above 30% (maximum I ever did was over 7k), we got one new DCD and an instant WW if we spend 2 skill points on it. Not sure what you would want to nerf there? If we get attacked by any strong dps (jugg or marauder), we melt.

What is strong about us? Our burst is still just "okay", the sustained pressure damage is great, our DR is laughable.

We got a damage buff that still does not put us on top in parses, we got a proc that allows us to use assassinate on enemies above 30% (maximum I ever did was over 7k), we got one new DCD and an instant WW if we spend 2 skill points on it. Not sure what you would want to nerf there? If we get attacked by any strong dps (jugg or marauder), we melt.

Parses? ***? What is this, pve? Do you even 4s m8?

Madness sins are now overpowered, they can kill you 4 seconds after they dead. You can't regenerate health after combat so long than treir DoT's ticking.

And it's hard at warzones against 3 uncleansable Dot-classes, because you die so fast when only those DoT's ticking

Dot specs are for the weaker players to feel good about themselves. Can't conc? play leth... Can't MM? play leth... can't carnage? play anni... can't lightning? can't decep?...

There's options for all skill lvls. Fluff your way to the top (So pro, brah) :p

just imo.

Edited by Seengularity

Dot specs are for the weaker players to feel good about themselves. Can't conc? play leth... Can't MM? play leth... can't carnage? play anni... can't lightning? can't decep?...

There's options for all skill lvls. Fluff your way to the top (So pro, brah) :p

just imo.