Organa Statesmen/Loyalist Boxes

Logisitcs

Why was this made? It's so ugly nobody wants it. It's cluttering up my bag space and bank and it doesn't sell on GTN. I tried to give away for free and nobody would take it.

Please don't make unappealing gear like this again, I felt it was a waste of my cartel coins

I'd agree. This release of Cartel packs felt pretty lackluster. They had a few awesome items, and a whole lot of garbage. That, and the whole issue with the new Cartel rep system, creates a pretty annoying situation.

It takes tons a rep (some of the items that give rep take up Rare slots), alongside like, 5-10 certificates (also taking up Rare slots) to get a good item from the new rep vendors. Buying 2 Hypercrates, I got 1 White-Black Crystal, 2 Derelict Purples, 1 Cathar Sword, 2 Kolto Tanks, and then a whole bunch of garbage and rep items. If I'd not been filled up with Rare rep items, certificates, and garbage gear nobody wants, I'd have had more 'space' for the better Rares.

Edited by FearlessTeapot

I would suggest you go look up the "Cartel Packs and Gambling Addiction" thread.

In that thread, there are numerous players who continually assert that Cartel Packs are not gambling because you get stuff with every click! I'm sure all of them would love to pay you a rather handsome and hefty fee for your Organa Statesman armor, for they reiterated over and over that these things have value!

Let's see if they truly believe that. LOL

(I have several of these boxes of Organa armor.... the box itself sells for 1,000 credits on the GTN.)

I actually like the look of the Organa Statesman set. I use it on my on Shadow and have actually been sent tells also complementing on the outfit. Just because you don't like it doesnt mean someone else will. The reason the market is flooded with them would be that they are a fairly comman drop from the gambling boxes I believe. So please keep spending your cash on the boxes and flood the market with them, I love buying the outfits dirt cheap without having to spend a dime on the Cartel Market heh.

Why was this made? It's so ugly nobody wants it. It's cluttering up my bag space and bank and it doesn't sell on GTN. I tried to give away for free and nobody would take it.

Please don't make unappealing gear like this again, I felt it was a waste of my cartel coins

"nobody wants it"

That does not mean what you seem to think it does.

I've sold all of my Statesman/Loyalist pieces for £20k or more each, they have sold like hot cakes.

Opinions are like ******es I guess :)

Driz

I don't agree. The gloves. boots, and sometimes the belts and braces are useful.

One the sets would have worked well on a Jedi had it not been for the butt-flap. But perhaps some players out there like a butt-flap.

They aren't great looking, but they aren't bad either. There were mediocre sets in the last set of packs as well.

Still waiting for faction-neutral, black, hood-up robes. The Phantom set looks made for a Sith.

Edited by arunav

"nobody wants it"

That does not mean what you seem to think it does.

I've sold all of my Statesman/Loyalist pieces for £20k or more each, they have sold like hot cakes.

Opinions are like ******es I guess :)

Driz

My Rist sold for big money but my Organa didn't sell at all. I ended up giving it away to guild mates.

Also, it's not like the Rist set was in any appreciable way "better."

Obviously, part of the theme of the pack was Alderaan gear, with the Handmaiden set included as well. If you don't like Alderaan looks, stop buying this pack!

I would suggest you go look up the "Cartel Packs and Gambling Addiction" thread.

In that thread, there are numerous players who continually assert that Cartel Packs are not gambling because you get stuff with every click! I'm sure all of them would love to pay you a rather handsome and hefty fee for your Organa Statesman armor, for they reiterated over and over that these things have value!

Let's see if they truly believe that. LOL

(I have several of these boxes of Organa armor.... the box itself sells for 1,000 credits on the GTN.)

As you can see from some of the replies, things are not exactly as the OP describes them.

What looks nice and what doesn't is a very subjective matter and the fact that you or me or the OP might not like something doesn't immediately make it unappealing to everyone.

For example, when they changed the Dread Master's masks from the original Sorcerer-PVP-looking ones to the ones that Dreadtooth drops, people were saying how ugly they are. If you look around the fleet now, I'm pretty sure you will find a lot of people wearing them.

Are they useless too?

The reason the boxes are on GTN for 1k is that they are not rare enough to go for more. And with the Contraband Packs still being a new addition, it's only natural that more and more people find them on more than one pack and therefore choose to sell them.

Also, the comparison between what the OP is saying and gambling is a very weak one, at best.

If you choose to put something that's neither rare, nor iconic or even extremely unique-looking on the GTN when there are 40 other people selling the exact same thing, the prices will be ridiculously low. If you wait and sell them at a later time, the prices will be better. It might never go for what iconic pieces go for (i.e. Revan's Mask, Nihilus Mask etc.) but I can guarantee you, from personal experience, that things can make you money if you choose the right moment to sell them.

Just like in real life.

Edited by TheNahash

Well, I bought one off GTN. I very much like how my sentinel looks in the chest piece, complemented by the white scalene boots.

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2103399/pics/original/1568827.jpg

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2103399/pics/original/1568826.jpg

Looks great in action and anything that gets me out of a potato sack is GOOD for the game! :D

Edited by JasonNH

It looks great on companions. I'd never put it on my pcs though.

Yup. It does and... as you mix and match things you can come up with some interesting looks.

I would agree they aren't great, but over all they do add different styles to the sets.

I like the Organa Statesman's Upper Body Armor, but it looks too ~republic~ for my tastes, and I'm a Sith. I'm reserving one for a female Jedi character I intend on making at a later time...other than that, I whole heartedly agree. I really don't care for any of the other armor pieces available in any of the packs, except for perhaps the Recovered Hero set, but again...I'm a Sith and this looks way too "light side" for me to use unfortunately.:(

Yes, yes, I know the Relaxed Jumpsuit gear looks fairly "dark side" but I'd rather not be running around looking like something out of a Tom of Finland drawing...and if you don't know who that is, well, look him up...:eek:

Edited by skarvika

Well, I bought one off GTN. I very much like how my sentinel looks in the chest piece, complemented by the white scalene boots.

Looks great in action and anything that gets me out of a potato sack is GOOD for the game! :D

She looks awesome! The shirt is really the only thing worth keeping from these loyalist/statesman packs imo:rolleyes:

Also, it's not like the Rist set was in any appreciable way "better."

Obviously, part of the theme of the pack was Alderaan gear, with the Handmaiden set included as well. If you don't like Alderaan looks, stop buying this pack!

Yep yep. It's all Alderaan gear that the NPCs on that planet wear.

As to the complaint topic.... don't like em.. don't use em. However.... IMO....

People need to look beyond just the boxed set and explore how different pieces from different sets work to form unique looks in game (and without investing a lot of credits. Some people just lack imagination, or are just bent because their pet outfit is not yet released.

Personally, I find the Stateman's top looks great on a Twilek Gunslinger when mixed with the old Spymaster legs and Trailblazer boots (or even better the relaxed boots). And in kind.... the Loyalrist top looks great on the Gunslingers companion, only with some Loyalist pants and Spymaster boots.

By the way, Stateman's top and Handmaiden legs are awesome together on a female character.

Seriously people, get out of your little boxes and explore what you can actually do with mixing and matching different gear pieces.

Nicely done!! :)

Nicely done. Yes indeed. You can mix and match to get some very good looks. Something unique too that no one can quite place.

And whats more, if you aren't buying cartel packs, the Organa and Rist gear is super cheap orange modable pieces you can buy from GTN. As a starter set of orange you can't beat the price.

Edited by Rafaman

I agree with the OP, the Organa stuff is fugly imho, and it irriates me, when I get the crap out of the boxes I get with my hard earned money. Groovy for those who like it, knock yourselves out, but this has to be some of the fugliest cash shop gear yet.