Fix rewards for latecomers please

Tigalo

TY.

Also, a second thought: remove the necessity to earn a medal before getting any rewards for backfillers.

I've entered a Civil War shortly before it ends (cheers for that, guy who left), and been unable to do anything before the speeder takes me to the ground. No rewards, totally wasted queue time.

Guys, learn to read patch notes. It is about to get a LOT easier to get that first medal:

Lowered the requirements needed to gain the Offense and Defense Bronze medals. Players now receive each medal the first time they receive associated objective points, regardless of the value

But I agree that an automatic Reinforcement Medal is needed.

Also, if you backfill a warzone and then go on to complete it, you should get a debuff or flag or something that guarantees your next warzone is a freshie.

How about a lockout for the quitters so they have incentive not to quit and not make everyone else's game play miserable.

Nope - they'll just stay in spawn then. At least if they rage-quit someone else has a chance to receive something.

The best solution is to give late-comers some base reward. The problem, here too, is that players will inevitably find a way to exploit it by having people quit, so their buddies can join and receive the basic amount without any work.

i never quit WZs. but at the same time, i dont blow a fuze if i get added to a WZ that ends 10 seconds after i enter. i just reque. if you PVE que, should you get rewards if someone in the group disconects? i mean, you may have had to wait 5 or ten minutes for them to get back. thats time wasted afterall.

anyway, how much would you like to be rewarded for joining a WZ that ends right after you enter?

When you are in a PvE queue you can pve while you wait.

When you are in a pvp queue you cant pvp while you wait because the wpvp is nonexistant.

Given that it's counter-productive to sanction quitters heavily (they'll ruin WZs worse by afking instead), it makes sense to reward those who arrive late to a warzone as compensation for truncated play and fewer rewards. Otherwise they're being penalised for someone else's selfish decision to quit out.

Something like a flat 10 comms bonus for backfilling, awarded at the end of the WZ, would be great. Nice little reward, but not so great it would make people quit and requeue in the hope of getting it.

I support this idea. I don't rage quit and I don't mind backfilling. On my Sorc, it's easy to get one medal for healing, but not every class has that ability. I joined a Civil War match last night after the other side had gotten a triple cap. It was hard to get that one medal in time! On other occasions, I've backfilled with not enough time to get that one medal.

Backfillers should get a small base reward for sticking it out.

Just add the option to queue for new WZ games only.

Yes... because so many people will be jumping on the option to "queue for war zones in progress". I'm sure any disconnects or leavers will get backfilled immediately with all the people jumping at the opportunity to join a Huttball match at the 6 minute mark.

Not trying to be completely rude... but that's a really horrible idea.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Yes... because so many people will be jumping on the option to "queue for war zones in progress". I'm sure any disconnects or leavers will get backfilled immediately with all the people jumping at the opportunity to join a Huttball match at the 6 minute mark.

Not trying to be completely rude... but that's a really horrible idea.

I think it only has happened twice that I zoned into a warzone in progress that my team actually was winning. Most disconnects have to be from people living in the outback on a satellite connection or people too chicken to press the leave warzone button. Neither of these players are going to make a difference anyway and you would have won without them. If people leave in droves there is a reason for it. Just let that match end prematurely. But what do I know. I'm a pro-quitter thanks to that inspiring thread a few months ago.