Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I hate all the Consular Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I hate all the Consular Companions

Leiloni
01.17.2012 , 12:40 PM | #11
Oh the above poster reminded me of the ship droid. He talks waaaay too much and says such annoying stuff. I just want to shut him off!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

meancraig
01.17.2012 , 12:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
I'm pretty sure you can romance Zenith. I will agree however, the inquisitor companions are much more colorful, and I'm not talking about the rainbow customization for Khem.

As far as Nadia goes, she is supposed to be subservient being your student. She does seem to respond well to having her opinion considered.
You can only romance one companion choice per gender. For female toons, it's Iresso and for male toons, it's Nadia.

You're right, about her student status, however I imagine subservience in a padawan is more sith-y than jedi-y which seem to be more mentors than literal masters.
EVELLIN, Guild Leader of Siege Soldiers
A Republic Guild on Jedi Covenant

meancraig
01.17.2012 , 12:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
One odd thing about Theran, his personality is exactly as you said but his voice and look doesn't match his personality at all if you know what I mean. O.o But Theran seems to enjoy being my crafting ***** along with my droid so I can take some satisfaction from making him go do chores for me.
I noticed that too...he's a wannabe playboy dressed like a 17th century fop. It brought to mind the late 80's Leisure Suit Larry idea of a character for me.
EVELLIN, Guild Leader of Siege Soldiers
A Republic Guild on Jedi Covenant

feliix
01.17.2012 , 12:50 PM | #14
As far as how they function, my favorites are Theran/Holiday and
Nadia. On both, I've really payed attention to gearing them for
heals on Theran, and DPS for Nadia. My character is a female shadow
tank, and Nadia especially, makes for spectacular, and fast battles.

Nadias at 10,000 affection, Theran/Holiday, 9,600? I'm not sure
if that affects their conversations. Regardless, I completely disagree
on Nadias low health emote. To my ear, it sounds despairing, and I
do everything I can as a tank character to keep aggro off her. It's
not pleasant to hear, and she usually dies shortly afterwards since I
can't heal her. So... She fits very well with a tank.

Theran was a bit obnoxious early on, but he seems a lot nicer as his
affection goes up. Other than that brief, strange and weird phase
early on, he's a nice pair with Holiday. And the heals/Holiday stun
mean I can handle lots of very strong champions with just a little
thought.

grania
01.17.2012 , 01:18 PM | #15
I'm looking forward to trying Zenith and Theran, hopefully they won't henpeck me over every dark choice I make.

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

potsherds
01.17.2012 , 01:45 PM | #16
I was gonna create a separate thread, but I think this one is appropriate?

I agree with the OP pretty much completely, though I haven't gotten Iresso, I read up on him and bleh. Also, Nadia....so not surprised the direction that takes as a companion to a male PC. I could absolutely ...... *ahem* give a piece of my mind to the writing staff on so bloody many of their choices in companions, especially the teen/young-twenties females. What the ever-loving <> were those... people thinking???

My main request though: Zenith -- I'm willing to wait two paid expansions and 3 years for the option to romance him.

Also, I personally like Qyzen, only thing I disagree about with the OP, but I can definitely see how he can be annoying. I personally just wanna give him a hug all the time, he reminds me of a cuddly, more sociable Klingon or somesuch.
Te'aza , Scoundrel - Space Slug
Rhien , Sage - The Shadowlands (waiting for server transfers)

Liaskar
01.17.2012 , 02:02 PM | #17
The only companion I don't like so far of the consular is Iresso, but to be fair, his affection is the lowest of all my companions. I don't know much about him yet.

I love Qyzen, Tharan, and Nadia. Zenith is starting to grow on me, but it's been tough getting to like him because of how much I disliked Balmorra.

Slightly off topic, but I've also loved the dialogue choices I've had when talking to my companions about each other. Like,
Spoiler

Sage
Scoundrel

shamrockjew
01.17.2012 , 02:18 PM | #18
Walking around with Khem Val you feel feared and even respected. Walking around with Qyzen I feel like I found someone's drooling child at a fair and need to find his mom. His personality is interesting so far (only level 12), but the way he *looks* is awful. I was surprised when I only got gear for him before leaving Tython and no character customizations.

I do not like the Sith Assassin spam lightning at all, but idk if I can handle these companions! The one female romance option I have sill be the same class as me, which I'm not a big fan of either!
Set phasers to stun! I mean, set lighsabers to... on.

Raltar
01.17.2012 , 04:04 PM | #19
I love Nadia and Qyzen. I feel Zenith is a well written character, but his and my consular's opinions are pretty opposed. Iresso is just kinda there as the token black guy with zero personality. I hate Tharan. I wish I could kill him. I hate him more than I hate the ship droid. Almost as bad as Morrigan from DA:O.

Ellisande
01.17.2012 , 04:06 PM | #20
Here are my characterizations:

Qyzen: Red-necked Heathen

Zenith: Mr. Personality

Iresso: Captain Amnesia/Generic Soldier boy/Othello/token black guy

Holiday: Comic relief

Tharan: ***** Science Nerd

Nadia: Little Miss Innocence
Quote: Originally Posted by cjohnk View Post
You can't add completely arbitrary assumptions on to someone's statement. When a statement is made, take it for what it is not for what it could be if you tack on 7 more words of your own choosing.