Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?

KenseiMahou

Any chance of Powertechs/Vanguards receiving a PvP rebalancing pass in this patch? Pretty much all I'd like to see is the devs take notice of the fact that we're definitely behind every other class in burst-potential and survivability while DPS'ing.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, this was the first thing I looked for in the patch notes as well. Quite a while since there's been ANY class balancing overall now, so it seems like they are satisfied with it as is. Couldn't we have been nerfed the same way lolsmash was "nerfed", IE other stuff was buffed to make up for the nerfs. But noooo, that'd make sense.

Well since class balances are done by the same person as PVP( key there is the singular "person"), i would guess he is hard at work on 2.4 and cant devote time to changing things until then.

I really don't get why there is one guy there... (And he has to be playing healer ops, sniper, assassin and lolsmash...)

The funny thing about that "one guy" is that he noted that he plays the Sniper and Assassin. Also for a good laugh look at the post then he tries to explain why he wanted to do CC breaker CD reset on death. He says stupid stuff like how when it lights up when your CC'ed it lures you into using it!!!! Man you could not have chosen a worse person to do class balancing if that is his mind set. COME ON BW get your **** together. Edited by Soobydoo

I gotta say, this was the first thing I looked for in the patch notes as well. Quite a while since there's been ANY class balancing overall now, so it seems like they are satisfied with it as is. Couldn't we have been nerfed the same way lolsmash was "nerfed", IE other stuff was buffed to make up for the nerfs. But noooo, that'd make sense.

Same here (along with some other classes) and was utterly disappointed, especially that it is already known that the new 2 FPs and the dailies area is content that was developed over a year and half ago. I was expecting to see that the devs are using some of my sub money in balancing the game or improving its quality (so I heard but never seen). Apparently not.

Edited by Ottoattack

Think most of FOTM(year) PT/Vanguards moved to assassins/shadows... amount of bads running around out of stealth, guarding out of stealth, running no accuracy gear in L55 pvp (oh thanks double exp) is just not funny anymore...

rest moved to smash spec, but probably didn't notice that force statis/force choke doesnt build shockwave any more...

Vanguard/Powertech was the Fotm class for about a Year, and now it is just fine (maybe they nerfed it a little too much). Overall I think balance is quite good and never was better.

Lol? Did you ever even play PT before? I will put it simple, as it stands in dps they are before last in PvE with a big margin from the top parsers (around 15-20%). In PvP there dps is not any better, because burst was burned to the ground and survivability is pretty terrible, making them in solid 8th position among all AC classes.

The only redeeming quality is that the tank is reasonable in both PvE and PvP (but Jugg tank is better). So I am not sure how " balance is quite good and never was better."

Lol? Did you ever even play PT before? I will put it simple, as it stands in dps they are before last in PvE with a big margin from the top parsers (around 15-20%). In PvP there dps is not any better, because burst was burned to the ground and survivability is pretty terrible, making them in solid 8th position among all AC classes.

The only redeeming quality is that the tank is reasonable in both PvE and PvP (but Jugg tank is better). So I am not sure how " balance is quite good and never was better."

Obviously not, his is level 24.

I would Like to take my Pyro PT into Raids again and not feel like im the most useless DPS there, I know that its how you play the class that matters but Even then I've been kicked from raids because of the fact that my class "isn't one of the best classes" so "why should we take you?" The issue was not bringing PT's down to the same level as the other Tank/Heal and DPS AC's but You guys over did it. That causes more people to roll more Flavor of the Month Classes so they can raid and not feel useless which is inherently wrong because this game should be played in the Spec you want from the class you want.

So it seems like Shadow tanks got a response. Apparently you have to wave a glowstick around to get the proper attention.

:wea_03:

Consider it waved.

Better wave it again just to be sure they see it.

Sad thing is that while I can get plenty of medals in PVP pugs on my vanguard but it really feels like I'm more of a waste of space to the team than anything else since I no longer have good burst and my dps isn't good in the first place.

Edited by Philmors

Overall I think balance is quite good and never was better.

Oh, you so funny.

You know what's even more funny? 20 seconds of CC immunity every 45 seconds. That's comedy gold.

Oh, you so funny.

You know what's even more funny? 20 seconds of CC immunity every 45 seconds. That's comedy gold.

Overall I've said, not everywhere. Compare to pre 2.0 balance is now much better, not perfect but better. Of cause, you can't agree to it, pre 2.0 you were FOTM for more than a year.

Overall I've said, not everywhere. Compare to pre 2.0 balance is now much better, not perfect but better. Of cause, you can't agree to it, pre 2.0 you were FOTM for more than a year.

That doesn't mean any class deserves to be in a crappy state like powertech bounty hunters and vanguard troopers are. Hell even shadow/assassin tanks need some help.

Better wave it again just to be sure they see it.

Sad thing is that while I can get plenty of medals in PVP pugs on my vanguard but it really feels like I'm more of a waste of space to the team than anything else since I no longer have good burst and my dps isn't good in the first place.

+1, I dont really feel that the DPS spec of PT have an impact anymore in pvp compared to what other classes can do.

Rewaving the PT glowbat!!

Can a vanguard/powertech even get a 6k crit? I never had on my vanguard so far and that pretty does seem a bit unfair that the vanguard/powertech cannot get that 6k crit medal in pvp.

I regularly get it on a HiB crit on my Vanguard. Just about every game. But then I do target the cloth wearer for that specific purpose! :jawa_biggrin:

Ermagerds just buff us. Increase the damage on CGC and buff railshot's damage to the point where it crits over 7k on average, and reduce the CD on Railshot and Immolate in AP, while increasing Rocket Punchs damage so that it can regularly crit over 6k. Done.

Ermagerds just buff us. Increase the damage on CGC and buff railshot's damage to the point where it crits over 7k on average, and reduce the CD on Railshot and Immolate in AP, while increasing Rocket Punchs damage so that it can regularly crit over 6k. Done.

while we'r doing that, can we have our 6% shield chance back please.

or some sort of shield chance cool down... or other ideas people had... :o

Edited by Atramar

I regularly get it on a HiB crit on my Vanguard. Just about every game. But then I do target the cloth wearer for that specific purpose! :jawa_biggrin:

How geared are you and do you have a lot of surge rating? Big thing is that it's pretty much impossible to get it unless you are well geared for big crits. You really, should be able to get that medal from just being specced for burst damage in my opinion like you can with an shadow/assassin and a scoundrel/operative.

while we'r doing that, can we have our 6% shield chance back please.

or some sort of shield chance cool down... or other ideas people had... :o

^^this

I mean really BW the intirely shield based VG tank has the least shield chance of all of the tanks?

How geared are you and do you have a lot of surge rating? Big thing is that it's pretty much impossible to get it unless you are well geared for big crits. You really, should be able to get that medal from just being specced for burst damage in my opinion like you can with an shadow/assassin and a scoundrel/operative.

i get the medal regularly but I suspect it s bc I hit people with lower expertise/stuff. Otherwise against geared people, i reach the 5k++.

I have 768 in bonus dmg, 25% crit, 75% surge and I am capped in expertise to give you an indication (roughly half partisan/half conqueror and optimised gear).

That represents some relatively weak dmg compared to what other classes can do with this stuff.