Lana Beniko Romance bug.

Manorion

Romanced with Lana my Sith Assasin since Shadow of Revan Prelude. I had many times flirt options with her through 8 Chapters, and used it all. But in Chapter 9 I didn't had that choice, just "Friend Zone" dialoque from unknown reason. I restarted that Chapter two times and still nothing. I could try to romance with Theron to see if I can, in that way, continue romance with Lana, but if there's any way for you to fix this, I'll be greatful. I can't even start Chapter X without it, so please, do something.

On all my characters I got to romance her on chapter 9. But that was before 4.1, maybe its a bug or maybe you made wrong choice and dont have a lot of influence with her. Try it on another character with different choices and see if you still have that problem, if you do its probably a bug.

• 1 year later...

I learned this trick in another thread:

I too was choosing flirt options with Lana. When the mission "Relax in the Cantina" came around, there were no flirt options available to talk with her. Only normal choices to talk with either Theron, Koth or Lana.

I restarted the chapter, and this time I chose every flirt option available when talking with Theron. Then when doing the Cantina mission, I now had the choice to normally talk with one of them, or [flirt] talk with one of them. From there, I was able to flirt with Lana, and lock in the romance.

• 4 weeks later...
I learned this trick in another thread:

I too was choosing flirt options with Lana. When the mission "Relax in the Cantina" came around, there were no flirt options available to talk with her. Only normal choices to talk with either Theron, Koth or Lana.

I restarted the chapter, and this time I chose every flirt option available when talking with Theron. Then when doing the Cantina mission, I now had the choice to normally talk with one of them, or [flirt] talk with one of them. From there, I was able to flirt with Lana, and lock in the romance.

Hang on, so you replayed the chapter, flirted with Theron and then you decided to talk to Lana, and then you got the flirt option with her? I tried that and didn't get it, so I would imagine I missed a flirt option while playing through the story normally and as a result never got to romance Lana.

Edited by Swedguy

I've been having the same problem on my sith sorcerer character. I sent an in-game ticket about the problem and the response they sent said they've identified the bug and will fix it in a future update. Not sure how long that will be though.

I've been having the same problem on my sith sorcerer character. I sent an in-game ticket about the problem and the response they sent said they've identified the bug and will fix it in a future update. Not sure how long that will be though.

Did they say anything about how this bug will be fixed? As in, how will they know who should have the romance active?

There are multiple things going on:

1. If you start Chapter III, and there is a patch between then and when you arrive in the cantina, you lose the [Flirt] option in the cantina. No questions, it's a bug, and it was a bug back when 4.0 came out in October 2015. At present, there is no known remedy for this, although some people have reported success in cancelling the conversation and then re-playing Chapters I to VIII on a different difficulty than before.

2. If you don't get patch-slapped, you will, if you do things correctly (flirt at all opportunities, etc.) then in the cantina you will be offered a weird-looking choice:

1. I want to talk with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to talk with one of you.

Immediately before this, you were talking to Theron. While this dialogue wheel is waiting for your response, the camera is looking at you from behind Theron's shoulder, with Koth off-camera to the right, Theron on the left-hand side of the screen, and Lana mostly hidden behind Theron.

THIS IS NOT A FLIRT WITH THERON.

It is not saying "I want to talk with one of you right after I flirt with Theron".

It is saying "I want to flirt with one of you."

Pick 2 at this point, pick the one you want to to the wild thing with in the next dialogue wheel (if you get offered that - if you flirted only with Lana before this, you'll go directly to what follows), and then you get the "critical" flirt conversation that locks in the romance. There will be a warning popup if you reach this point, but remember that the Esc key is your friend if you fumble it during this conversation.

There are multiple things going on:

1. If you start Chapter III, and there is a patch between then and when you arrive in the cantina, you lose the [Flirt] option in the cantina. No questions, it's a bug, and it was a bug back when 4.0 came out in October 2015. At present, there is no known remedy for this, although some people have reported success in cancelling the conversation and then re-playing Chapters I to VIII on a different difficulty than before.

2. If you don't get patch-slapped, you will, if you do things correctly (flirt at all opportunities, etc.) then in the cantina you will be offered a weird-looking choice:

1. I want to talk with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to talk with one of you.

Immediately before this, you were talking to Theron. While this dialogue wheel is waiting for your response, the camera is looking at you from behind Theron's shoulder, with Koth off-camera to the right, Theron on the left-hand side of the screen, and Lana mostly hidden behind Theron.

THIS IS NOT A FLIRT WITH THERON.

It is not saying "I want to talk with one of you right after I flirt with Theron".

It is saying "I want to flirt with one of you."

Pick 2 at this point, pick the one you want to to the wild thing with in the next dialogue wheel (if you get offered that - if you flirted only with Lana before this, you'll go directly to what follows), and then you get the "critical" flirt conversation that locks in the romance. There will be a warning popup if you reach this point, but remember that the Esc key is your friend if you fumble it during this conversation.

Hang on, if I replay chapters 1 to 9 of KOTFE on Veteran mode, I can get my Lana romance? And after I've played chapter 9, can I go straight to chapter 1 of KOTET without playing all the other KOTFE chapters up until 16?

Edited by Swedguy

Hang on, if I replay chapters 1 to 9 of KOTFE on Veteran mode, I can get my Lana romance? And after I've played chapter 9, can I go straight to chapter 1 of KOTET without playing all the other KOTFE chapters up until 16?

Never mind, tried that trick. Got the romance during the quest, but it disappeared afterwards.

OK. I just didn't want you (or anyone else) to think I was offering a guarantee...

It's cool. You said some people have reported success, as in 'some people have tried it and had it working, others weren't so lucky.

All mine have been fine except a Premade 60 and My recent full play 1 to 70 romance of Lana FULLY till that Bug where no Flirt to Lock-in, we have kissed prior to that. So, Now restart from Ep 8 and see if it works. I posted a Bug Report on it to :p This has been going on a while it seems.

ps: Replayed 8 then 9 and the flirt option came up.. Lana Romance is lock-in :)

Edited by Dalethfc
Update on This

All mine have been fine except a Premade 60 and My recent full play 1 to 70 romance of Lana FULLY till that Bug where no Flirt to Lock-in, we have kissed prior to that. So, Now restart from Ep 8 and see if it works. I posted a Bug Report on it to :p This has been going on a while it seems.

ps: Replayed 8 then 9 and the flirt option came up.. Lana Romance is lock-in :)

After you finished Chapter IX, did it stay locked in?

Yes,, I have firebrand and it's still locked in :)

Hmm. I think I'm beginning to see how this works. Or, at least, how to fix up missing-option-2 problems caused by being patch-slapped. The guide below will help NEW sufferers, but it will only be valid if you can confirm one thing: On your first run, when you saw that option 1 was missing, did you cancel out of the conversation immediately?

The plan:

* Start KotFE as normal.

* Progess beyond the critical point (I think this is the beginning of Chapter III, but might equally be the beginning of Chapter I).

* Get interrupted by a patch. Not maintenance, but an actual patch.

* Continue to Chapter IX.

* Watch the opener, then do the various things, and end up in the cantina scene.

* See that the option is missing.

STOP. Do not answer. Do not continue at this point. The actions to fix it are below.

Press Esc to cancel out of the conversation. Go play Chapter VIII again, on not the same difficulty as before. (If you're feeling especially uneasy, play all the way from Chapter I at the altered difficulty.) However you do this, make sure there isn't another patch before you get to Chapter IX.

If I'm right, when you reach Chapter IX this time, you will get Option 2. Equally, if my hypothesis is correct, if you continued through to the end of Chapter IX, you're out of luck.

Hmm. I think I'm beginning to see how this works. Or, at least, how to fix up missing-option-2 problems caused by being patch-slapped. The guide below will help NEW sufferers, but it will only be valid if you can confirm one thing: On your first run, when you saw that option 1 was missing, did you cancel out of the conversation immediately?

The plan:

* Start KotFE as normal.

* Progess beyond the critical point (I think this is the beginning of Chapter III, but might equally be the beginning of Chapter I).

* Get interrupted by a patch. Not maintenance, but an actual patch.

* Continue to Chapter IX.

* Watch the opener, then do the various things, and end up in the cantina scene.

* See that the option is missing.

STOP. Do not answer. Do not continue at this point. The actions to fix it are below.

Press Esc to cancel out of the conversation. Go play Chapter VIII again, on not the same difficulty as before. (If you're feeling especially uneasy, play all the way from Chapter I at the altered difficulty.) However you do this, make sure there isn't another patch before you get to Chapter IX.

If I'm right, when you reach Chapter IX this time, you will get Option 2. Equally, if my hypothesis is correct, if you continued through to the end of Chapter IX, you're out of luck.

Even if that works for people, they should be warned that they can still lose their romance even if they get it.

I have an Inquisitor who didn't use any of flirts with Asharra because I wanted him with Lana. (And yes he actually did all the Lana flirts, got the option to romance Lana in the cantina, chose "yes" when the pop up box appeared, and it STILL bugged.) :mad:
Edited by Swedguy

Oh yeah, to borrow a line from Tron (the *original* film, that is...): "System's got more bugs than a bait store"...

I haven't read a lot about anyone else having that bug, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a common one.