PVP balance out of control

Gingishan

First of all please sorry for my bad english.

We all love SWTOR and the game have many good aspects specially in PVE. But when it come to PVP the things are dramatically. A game have the potential to relax players, make them feel great, destress them even. We do not see this in here and this is sad trully.

Things that must be imediatly adresed asap in PVP:

1. Tier gear. Curently i saw 4 Tier. Game should have only 2 Tier, one from normal WZ-nes and second for Ranked WZ-nes, like most decent PVP games have. make the game to distress us not to stres players with over and over grinding gear.

2. Premades should not be alowed to que unless other premades, basically remove premades from normal warzones. Make a third button with que for premades. Go further and make minimum 2 stages of que, 1 for tier 230-242 and onother for 246-248, unless u remove the 4 tier and let only 2 as i posted above. Go even further since is easy: How u chose openents: same number of healers on each side, same with tanks, same number, same ilvl. Played for days against same premades, with abusive players in language, showing how good they are in premades but very bad when quing solo, most of them leaving WZ-nes if they see they lose. For leavers 30 minutes penalties should be fine.

3. OP classes. I realy want Devs to teach us: How can a jug or any any leap class fight with snipers, in my opinion the most OP class in the proper hands (i leveled one so i see it myself). Leap should be usable against any kind of entrech, cover, etc, even against net from commnados/mercs. And not only leap, but include a second leap like heroic leap or jedi leap with hi range but animation like zelous leap. Imunity on leap, minimum 4 seconds, doubled with talent to make pair with mercs/mandos. Jugs/guardians play shank because the dps tree are lamentable to play, so the fault is yours not them.

4. Remove healing from any dps class. Is anoying to see opers/scoundrels kiting and interupting a node from beeing caped just because they heal like mads, they have too much dodge, they are extremly mobile and roll is buging the game in a way out of control ( i have both scoundrel and operative and i know what i am talking about, they outperform even in low ilvl gear). It is annoying to see mercs dps healing more then 2 times their HP by just talents and instant healing procs.

5. Revamping skill tree for every class. Ideeas? YES! OFC! U did excelent job with chapter Shrouds of Memories, the design for classes should match that type of few talents like HK-55 have. Here u can do an excelent job, revamp the game and stop beeing lazy. Go see and learn from Battlefront 2, from Overwatch, Titanfall and decent PVP games, so easy to play and most of all enjoyable.

6. Quing: I saw alot of moments and WZ-nes where 3-4 players must fight vs 8 players, not once but many times.

7. LEAP BUG. I lost nodes by simply leaping under map (have pictures to prove) multiple times in same WZ-ne. Mostly this hapen when sorc speed up or when operatives roll. Since game started this BUG is not fixed. Leaped 5 times undermap in same WZ-ne, cmon, rlly?

8. Cheaters: Will give you 1 example: Darth Malgus, player named ÒÔÖ, jedi shadow. he caped nodes before time start, he caped ball before game start (have pics to prove if u ask).

Thanks

Edited by Gingishan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I like having one set of gear for PVP and PVE personally and do not miss Expertise. Switching out gear sets every time I wanted to do different activities in the game got old very quickly. I wouldn't want to have to switch gear sets for Regs & Ranked either. That isn't to say the current gearing system is perfect. Far from it, and the drop rate for tier 4 pieces from galactic command is atrocious.

2. Premades: I have mixed feelings on this one. On the one hand in a multiplayer game people should be able to group with friends, and sometimes PVP is more fun grouped even if you're just doing it with one other person. I do understand the frustration some players feel toward premades however. Anyone who has ever solo queued is going to have the occasional match against premades that are full of FOTM specs and the full trinity. If your team is nothing but puggers and you have less guard and healing, it probably isn't going to be a fun match for you. And that's before you even get to things like voice chat.

The solution should be some basic matchmaking. It won't be perfect but you'll get more competitive matches by a sytem that tries to split the grouped players onto opposite teams and that tries to balance the tanks & healers in the queue. That would also still allow people to group together, as they should.

3. While there are balance issues in this game melee specs shouldn't be able to leap to every ranged spec with impunity. Some ranged specs should have counters. It also sounds like you want line of sight to not work against melee classes. That would be the opposite of balance and would just make melee DPS specs superior to every ranged DPS spec.

4. Fully agree with this one. No spec should have self-heals at all except for healers. If DPS specs are too squishy without self heals their DCDs that block/mitigate damage should be adjusted so that they aren't free kills without the self heals.

5. Some adjustment to utilities is needed but not scrapping the entire system. That would probably break more than fixes.

6. I agree with that one. Some Rep teams get pops where it might 6 of them versus 8 Imps because of a lack of people in the Rep queue. If the system is going to pop a Rep vs Imp Novare Coast when there are only 6 Reps, the Imps should be capped at 6 players as well. But that goes back to matchmaking.

7. There are a lot of bugs that have been in PVP since launch. It would be nice if they finally got fixed, but given how long some of them have been around it is probably unlikely they ever will be.

8. Unfortunately there are always going to be a few cheaters but Bioware should do more to address it. Players shouldn't have to jump through hoops to report cheaters,

1. Tier gear. Curently i saw 4 Tier. Game should have only 2 Tier, one from normal WZ-nes and second for Ranked WZ-nes, like most decent PVP games have. make the game to distress us not to stres players with over and over grinding gear.

With Bolster in place there are only 2 tiers of gear in PvP. That is not to say the system is perfect, but nowhere close to how it's depicted.

2. Premades should not be alowed to que unless other premades, basically remove premades from normal warzones. Make a third button with que for premades. Go further and make minimum 2 stages of que, 1 for tier 230-242 and onother for 246-248, unless u remove the 4 tier and let only 2 as i posted above. Go even further since is easy: How u chose openents: same number of healers on each side, same with tanks, same number, same ilvl. Played for days against same premades, with abusive players in language, showing how good they are in premades but very bad when quing solo, most of them leaving WZ-nes if they see they lose. For leavers 30 minutes penalties should be fine.

And I saw a lot of bads complaining about premades when they are damn awful at whatever they're doing. Also same people forget to complain about premades when they are on the same side.

That is not to say matchmaking wouldn't be badly needed, but there are other issues it wouldn't solve.

3. OP classes. I realy want Devs to teach us: How can a jug or any any leap class fight with snipers, in my opinion the most OP class in the proper hands (i leveled one so i see it myself). Leap should be usable against any kind of entrech, cover, etc, even against net from commnados/mercs. And not only leap, but include a second leap like heroic leap or jedi leap with hi range but animation like zelous leap. Imunity on leap, minimum 4 seconds, doubled with talent to make pair with mercs/mandos. Jugs/guardians play shank because the dps tree are lamentable to play, so the fault is yours not them.

You just need an unhealthy dose of L2P. You're just bad.

4. Remove healing from any dps class. Is anoying to see opers/scoundrels kiting and interupting a node from beeing caped just because they heal like mads, they have too much dodge, they are extremly mobile and roll is buging the game in a way out of control ( i have both scoundrel and operative and i know what i am talking about, they outperform even in low ilvl gear). It is annoying to see mercs dps healing more then 2 times their HP by just talents and instant healing procs.

L2P #2. You don't have any understanding of how defensives work and why classes with healing are not even the top performers. Operatives in particular are near garbage compared to any class. They have their niche use in regs, but even at that they are awfully easy to shut down. Learn to use CC properly.

6. Quing: I saw alot of moments and WZ-nes where 3-4 players must fight vs 8 players, not once but many times.

How is it Bioware's fault that 4-5 on your team decline the pop? Hint: it's not.

8. Cheaters: Will give you 1 example: Darth Malgus, player named ÒÔÖ, jedi shadow. he caped nodes before time start, he caped ball before game start (have pics to prove if u ask).

I have met said Shadow yesterday, and yes, he does cheat. That, however, does NOT mean cheating is anywhere near being rampant in PvP. These guys pop up once in a while, do their thing for 2-3 days then get tossed out. 99% of the cheating accusations are either BS or simply bugs.

Thanks

You're welcome.

”With Bolster in place there are only 2 tiers of gear in PvP. That is not to say the system is perfect, but nowhere close to how it's depicted.”

-The diference between 230 players and 248 is huge in normal/ranked WZ. Period, nothing to say more. Bolster dont make 230 players HP to be equal with players 248, neither the dmg output or healing or tanking.

”And I saw a lot of bads complaining about premades when they are damn awful at whatever they're doing. Also same people forget to complain about premades when they are on the same side.

That is not to say matchmaking wouldn't be badly needed, but there are other issues it wouldn't solve.”

-I do not hate premades since i go premades from time to time with friends, what i am saying is this: If u make a premade then u should be put in WZ versus another premade, i asked for a third button in quing, specialy made for premades.

”You just need an unhealthy dose of L2P. You're just bad.”

-U cant say i am bad since i top dmg in most WZ-nes. And i am playing all 8. I feel stronger with some and weaker with other and i can see the diference very clear. I do not enjoy to be FOTM but to have decent, equal chances for all classes.

”L2P #2. You don't have any understanding of how defensives work and why classes with healing are not even the top performers. Operatives in particular are near garbage compared to any class. They have their niche use in regs, but even at that they are awfully easy to shut down. Learn to use CC properly.”

-You put too much soul for dps classes tat heal too much. Example: i keeped uncaped a node for 5 minute, alone, with my scoundrel vs 2 players. balance, right? Honestly i do not enjoy the class, i just play it for unasembled components.

”How is it Bioware's fault that 4-5 on your team decline the pop? Hint: it's not.”

-This show how few players actually play and how broken the game is.

”I have met said Shadow yesterday, and yes, he does cheat. That, however, does NOT mean cheating is anywhere near being rampant in PvP. These guys pop up once in a while, do their thing for 2-3 days then get tossed out. 99% of the cheating accusations are either BS or simply bugs.”

-He cheated today again for many times. Somebody is sleeping.

You're welcome.

Cheers. Let have fun and be honest. PVP is broken. Revamp is needed.

Edited by Gingishan

I stopped reading here.

The biggest issue in PVP is the TTK of several classes, I think jugg dps is about the right mix of survivability. I also think the reason for the OP survivability of certain classes is because of solo ranked. Bioware should never have made solo ranked a group and made it a spec for spec dueling contest (sorry healers L2dps). The minute you have solo ranked in the game it requires all classes to be completely self sufficient since it's nothing more the a lottery, this leads to OP mercs for example as they were trash in solos pre 5.0 but were more the viable in group ranked with the right support around them.

Returning player here, I noticed I get a lot of Unassembled Components from Warzones, and figured why not try it out. It takes FOREVER to kill ONE person. We went 2v2 at one point, and ran around each other in circles, not getting anything done. The damage we do is INSIGNIFICANT! This isn't fun at all, it's frustrating and pissing me off. It's been like this since launch, there is no excuse.

some of these points are fine. others gave me eyebola. at any rate, i see it like this: in a game where players literally beg in gen chat to que for ranked, it's reasonable to assume that no significant change will happen to pvp. so just try to have fun with what there is and when you're tired of it, move on to another game. Edited by Aaroneus

Played some Hutball WZ-nes with 4 snipers in. They scored even faster then opers/scoundrels. Plasma probe, this no CD ability, covered escape, entrech, cover, etc, make this class way too powerfull. I want to see One, only One DEV explaining to me how a jug dps (lamest dps class regarding survivability atm among with PT/VG dps) can counter this class in any posible 1v1, sniper wins easy mode. So this is one aspect of UNFAIR, UNBALAMNCE pvp that must be adressed imediatly. Leveling sniper atm and i am simply amazed how powerful it is against jug specially and against many many classes. They hurt too much. Thats why leap should be usable against any kind of cover, net, entrech, etc, and should remove impairing efect by default for minimum 4 sec giving also imunity for the duration, like others MMO have with their warior classess (so ranged classess should play ranged always not tanking and laughing to a class that must be in the first line). Imagine warior in warcraft unable to charge his oponents. Not only that he charge very ofen but have also heroic leap, shield reflect, fear, daze and many more abilities that makes them great in 1v1 duels. SWTOR have much to learn from such MMO. BTW: sith wariors or guardians do not have fear ability or something closer to their potential and story. Cheers. have fun. my english is bad, but u got the ideea. Edited by Gingishan

Hey, been playing for many years now, since Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I have played Commando Healer (Ice'heals) the whole time and played around with every dps spec, cause lets face it... it sucks getting focused as a healer all the time, sometimes you just want to kill something.

1. The Gear Grind is something i love, i complain about it alot but its one of the most satisfying parts of the game for me. I love showing up in a wz after months of effort with full 248 gear auged out in 236, it took time, and now i get to kick imp trash around because of that effort. Its been a grind for aslong as i have played. It took the same amount of PVP Commendations to get 1 Tier 2 peice as it did to gear up another toon in Tier 1. I had to spend enough PVP commendations to gear up my toon 15 times just to get the Tier 2 Gear back in the day.

2. Premades are easy to make, and fun to do. VOICE CHAT IS FREE! USE IT!!!! It only takes 2-3 wzs before someone invites me to a group. It helps that i dont play Team Death Match or chase high damage numbers. I play Objectives, i use my classes abilites to help the team, throw off heals around to people who need em, focus target to burn down enemy players, GUARD THE NODE... things like this get noticed by good players who want to win they will invite you. JOIN A PVP GUILD, easiest way to get a premade.

3. Every melee class has a root cleanse and a speed boost. Use these. Its simple. Marauders and Sentinels have Predation and Transcendance which used with the right utilites is a root cleanse, the Force Camouflauge they have also works as a cleanse with the right utilites on top of a major damage boost on the next attack. Vanguards have hold the line, 10 secs of root immunity with the right utilites, Powertecs have Hydrolic Override. In the Utilites you can spec into a second stun breaker/root cleanse in your Adrenaline Rush, you can also spec into a second leap. Juggernauts and Guardians share Blade Blitz and Mad Dash with Marauders and Sentinels, which can be upgraded through utilites to be a root cleanse. You can spec it out so that your Enrage, cleanse roots, enemy slows and speeds you up. You can upgrade your Endure Pain so it also cleanses roots. You have Intercede to leap to an ally close to the target you want or if all else fails away out of their range or line of sight. Also since youve played Sniper you know how annoying it is when you get some one standing right next you, people always leap to that punk to close the gap with you, use it yourself.

4. Every class now has self heals Maras and Sents got the short end of the stick but have been gifted with ungodly damage when in range, amazing defensive abilites that allow them to mitigate large amounts of damage, on top of the fact that they are a glass cannon, a suicidal prone class that is designed to take damage and deal it right back.

Operatives and scoundrels have heals... good for them. Bioware has already taken away their main healing ability and given them a Heal Over Time instead, and they have to sacrifice offensive resources like Tactical Advantage or Upper hand to use their other heal, wich cannot be chain cast. Great at stalling and kiteing around, they dont last long in any type of combat. Powertechs and Vanguards have their Adrenaline rush wich while sad, is something, they also can spec into haveing their shoulder cannon heal a bit with every use. Toss that in with their leap, pull, 15% passive speed boost, 10 sec 45% speed boost with root and slow immunity, and their ungodly burst damage... vanguards and powertecs are no joke. When Blood Bath and Beyond did their huge duel tournament it was this class that kicked the **** out of everything else to get 2nd place.

5. Ive mentioned this before, every class can compete. Its not the Class but how you play it that matters. read the abilities before you start to play learn how Marauders Obfuscate reduces accuracy for melee but not force attacks, how it reduces range but not tech attacks, how Shadows Resilience gives them a 200% chance to resist Force and Tech attacks, but not melee or ranged. Play Smart dont just fall into a damage rotation.

6. Yes it sucks but most PVPers have WZ's they love and WZ's they hate, sad part is that they leave queue when they are in one they dont want to play. Also we have all been guilty of missing queue pops, internet lags out, bathroom break cause youve been waiting for 5 mins with no pop yet, tabed out to watch netflix or **** or who knows what.

7. Leap Bug isnt the only one out there, Holo traverse has the same problem, Shadow Stride too, when a Guardian or jug does blade dance you cant run away you get teleported back after you already got behind them. Juggs and Guardian 4 sec Hard Stun they get off of their Push that forces you to do a standing up animation even if you use your stun break. Its a game with lots of Problems, that are not all targeting you. DEAL WITH IT.

8. Cheaters are a problem, ive had bad experinces with Ranked cause of this, Care Bear Tickle Party Running with 5 players in a 4 vs 4. A DPS that isnt on the map so you cant kill him and the overtime acid dosnt damage him. we even had a team teleport into our spawn zone and kill us before the match even started. Its out there, it happens, then Bioware comes in and bans their account. We have all had to take it on the chin a time or two, its part of playing the game, again DEAL WITH IT.

Best advice Duel other players outside of WZ's learn how to counter each class, Level up multiple toons even if you dont want to play that class you will gain a basic knowledge of how it deals damage, how its defensive and offensive cooldowns work. PVP is fun because its balanced, everything has a workaround, a counter. Unlike the boring PVE where you do the same operations on all 38 of your toons day in and day out, you gotta stay on your toes in PVP.

Best advice Duel other players outside of WZ's learn how to counter each class, Level up multiple toons even if you dont want to play that class you will gain a basic knowledge of how it deals damage, how its defensive and offensive cooldowns work. PVP is fun because its balanced, everything has a workaround, a counter. Unlike the boring PVE where you do the same operations on all 38 of your toons day in and day out, you gotta stay on your toes in PVP.

This is not advice but a joke, u know right? U understood nothing from my post. I have and i play and i duel all specs, except sniper who is under leveling (curent 54 lvl). But mostly i play jug/guardian and i go shank/skank and destroy my oponents here and there, Yet when i try dps spec, both rage/veng (rage is bit better tho and fun to play) do not compare with other classess atm. When i log merc i simply stay still with any jug dps and beat him, i do not even care to run and be ranged. If i go sorc dps, i even beat shank tanks, just because of ridiculos mobility and imunity. With operative i keep nodes for minutes alone (vs 3 players) just because of hi healing and very hi mobility. When i play vanguard dps, u simply kill one with hi burst then die asap. Marauder feel very strong and i enjoy cuting down healers specially. With all of this i enjoy my jug, since i was playing it as main for long time ago now. Honestly it just need some fixes, so we stop going shanks and we will enjoy playing as dps. Have fun. What jug have atm as cc brakes and imunity lack of RNG and seems to be more chaothic then practic.

Hey, been playing for many years now, since Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I have played Commando Healer (Ice'heals) the whole time and played around with every dps spec, cause lets face it... it sucks getting focused as a healer all the time, sometimes you just want to kill something.

1. The Gear Grind is something i love, i complain about it alot but its one of the most satisfying parts of the game for me. I love showing up in a wz after months of effort with full 248 gear auged out in 236, it took time, and now i get to kick imp trash around because of that effort. Its been a grind for aslong as i have played. It took the same amount of PVP Commendations to get 1 Tier 2 peice as it did to gear up another toon in Tier 1. I had to spend enough PVP commendations to gear up my toon 15 times just to get the Tier 2 Gear back in the day.

2. Premades are easy to make, and fun to do. VOICE CHAT IS FREE! USE IT!!!! It only takes 2-3 wzs before someone invites me to a group. It helps that i dont play Team Death Match or chase high damage numbers. I play Objectives, i use my classes abilites to help the team, throw off heals around to people who need em, focus target to burn down enemy players, GUARD THE NODE... things like this get noticed by good players who want to win they will invite you. JOIN A PVP GUILD, easiest way to get a premade.

3. Every melee class has a root cleanse and a speed boost. Use these. Its simple. Marauders and Sentinels have Predation and Transcendance which used with the right utilites is a root cleanse, the Force Camouflauge they have also works as a cleanse with the right utilites on top of a major damage boost on the next attack. Vanguards have hold the line, 10 secs of root immunity with the right utilites, Powertecs have Hydrolic Override. In the Utilites you can spec into a second stun breaker/root cleanse in your Adrenaline Rush, you can also spec into a second leap. Juggernauts and Guardians share Blade Blitz and Mad Dash with Marauders and Sentinels, which can be upgraded through utilites to be a root cleanse. You can spec it out so that your Enrage, cleanse roots, enemy slows and speeds you up. You can upgrade your Endure Pain so it also cleanses roots. You have Intercede to leap to an ally close to the target you want or if all else fails away out of their range or line of sight. Also since youve played Sniper you know how annoying it is when you get some one standing right next you, people always leap to that punk to close the gap with you, use it yourself.

4. Every class now has self heals Maras and Sents got the short end of the stick but have been gifted with ungodly damage when in range, amazing defensive abilites that allow them to mitigate large amounts of damage, on top of the fact that they are a glass cannon, a suicidal prone class that is designed to take damage and deal it right back.

Operatives and scoundrels have heals... good for them. Bioware has already taken away their main healing ability and given them a Heal Over Time instead, and they have to sacrifice offensive resources like Tactical Advantage or Upper hand to use their other heal, wich cannot be chain cast. Great at stalling and kiteing around, they dont last long in any type of combat. Powertechs and Vanguards have their Adrenaline rush wich while sad, is something, they also can spec into haveing their shoulder cannon heal a bit with every use. Toss that in with their leap, pull, 15% passive speed boost, 10 sec 45% speed boost with root and slow immunity, and their ungodly burst damage... vanguards and powertecs are no joke. When Blood Bath and Beyond did their huge duel tournament it was this class that kicked the **** out of everything else to get 2nd place.

5. Ive mentioned this before, every class can compete. Its not the Class but how you play it that matters. read the abilities before you start to play learn how Marauders Obfuscate reduces accuracy for melee but not force attacks, how it reduces range but not tech attacks, how Shadows Resilience gives them a 200% chance to resist Force and Tech attacks, but not melee or ranged. Play Smart dont just fall into a damage rotation.

6. Yes it sucks but most PVPers have WZ's they love and WZ's they hate, sad part is that they leave queue when they are in one they dont want to play. Also we have all been guilty of missing queue pops, internet lags out, bathroom break cause youve been waiting for 5 mins with no pop yet, tabed out to watch netflix or **** or who knows what.

7. Leap Bug isnt the only one out there, Holo traverse has the same problem, Shadow Stride too, when a Guardian or jug does blade dance you cant run away you get teleported back after you already got behind them. Juggs and Guardian 4 sec Hard Stun they get off of their Push that forces you to do a standing up animation even if you use your stun break. Its a game with lots of Problems, that are not all targeting you. DEAL WITH IT.

8. Cheaters are a problem, ive had bad experinces with Ranked cause of this, Care Bear Tickle Party Running with 5 players in a 4 vs 4. A DPS that isnt on the map so you cant kill him and the overtime acid dosnt damage him. we even had a team teleport into our spawn zone and kill us before the match even started. Its out there, it happens, then Bioware comes in and bans their account. We have all had to take it on the chin a time or two, its part of playing the game, again DEAL WITH IT.

SInce when do assassins get a self heal? Please for the love of god don't tell me your counting over charge saber a 15 % of over all health ( which boils to roughly 20K) as a self heal my &%%$&^% stim does more than this! Oh wait maybe you mean the utility that allow charges to build and then heals for roughly another stims amount at the cost of totally borking your rotation as you have to wait like 5 seconds for charge to build which pretty much kills any thing you had proc's (not to mention this was probably meant more for darkness and not deception. So no not ALL melee have a self heal.

As for adapting yeah i get what your saying adapt or quit.

However, your basically defending a lazy dev team that sit and say one thing and then turn around and implement the opposite of what they said. Case in point we were told that the reason we were moving to the utility system was that it would facilitate faster class balancing yet it's been a year and Merc's and sniper are STILL OP!

Then there's the glaring imbalance issue such as sins/jugs Phantom Stride/Leap nixed on certain maps because it allowed people to leap to idiots standing there yet snipers & Operatives can roll right through acid|flames what no issue that's hypocritical! Assassin's used to have a knock down on spike we had that taken away given some lame excuse as to why yet jugs can knock you down and throw you clear across a map.... that's hypocritical.

Now if we did what your saying just adapt don't complain it creates a false sense of security when you have all these people playing an I win class and then it finally does get addressed all those people who relied on those crutches start wailing because now they are getting steamed rolled because it got balanced! Calling out lame dev concepts and lame implementation i.e. iokath open world PVP with no incentive to actually go there and pvp reallly dev's when was the last time an PVE had no rewards? As for lame implementation the whole gear grind hands down winner! Especially since nobody was asking for it. You could have actually BALANCED THE CLASSES INSTEAD! Dev's need to be held accountable for things they have said and implemented in the past and what is being implemented presently if it counters call them on it! If it's imbalanced such as Mercs| snipers|Skanks address it don't pawn it off of 6 months

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

SInce when do assassins get a self heal? Please for the love of god don't tell me your counting over charge saber a 15 % of over all health ( which boils to roughly 20K) as a self heal my &%%$&^% stim does more than this! Oh wait maybe you mean the utility that allow charges to build and then heals for roughly another stims amount at the cost of totally borking your rotation as you have to wait like 5 seconds for charge to build which pretty much kills any thing you had proc's (not to mention this was probably meant more for darkness and not deception. So no not ALL melee have a self heal.

As for adapting yeah i get what your saying adapt or quit.

However, your basically defending a lazy dev team that sit and say one thing and then turn around and implement the opposite of what they said. Case in point we were told that the reason we were moving to the utility system was that it would facilitate faster class balancing yet it's been a year and Merc's and sniper are STILL OP!

Then there's the glaring imbalance issue such as sins/jugs Phantom Stride/Leap nixed on certain maps because it allowed people to leap to idiots standing there yet snipers & Operatives can roll right through acid|flames what no issue that's hypocritical! Assassin's used to have a knock down on spike we had that taken away given some lame excuse as to why yet jugs can knock you down and throw you clear across a map.... that's hypocritical.

Now if we did what your saying just adapt don't complain it creates a false sense of security when you have all these people playing an I win class and then it finally does get addressed all those people who relied on those crutches start wailing because now they are getting steamed rolled because it got balanced! Calling out lame dev concepts and lame implementation i.e. iokath open world PVP with no incentive to actually go there and pvp reallly dev's when was the last time an PVE had no rewards? As for lame implementation the whole gear grind hands down winner! Especially since nobody was asking for it. You could have actually BALANCED THE CLASSES INSTEAD! Dev's need to be held accountable for things they have said and implemented in the past and what is being implemented presently if it counters call them on it! If it's imbalanced such as Mercs| snipers|Skanks address it don't pawn it off of 6 months

U made my day:P

PS: While deception can barely heal 20k, opers get crit hot 5-7k/sec from slow release medpac. Balance, yup! DPS should have no healing abilities or imunities like snipers entrech. Then they should simply revamp all PVP/PVE sistem and abilities, something much common like the HK-55 have in Shrouds of Memories episode or something close to Battlefront II or a mixed from these 2 games.

Edited by Gingishan

U made my day:P

PS: While deception can barely heal 20k, opers get crit hot 5-7k/sec from slow release medpac. Balance, yup! DPS should have no healing abilities or imunities like snipers entrech. Then they should simply revamp all PVP/PVE sistem and abilities, something much common like the HK-55 have in Shrouds of Memories episode or something close to Battlefront II or a mixed from these 2 games.

I agree about the self heals but disagree about entrench and your earlier suggestion that melee leaps should not be countered.

Some ranged specs need counters because they're going to lose if they face tank. Counters that prevent leaps are necessary to make kiting viable. Entrench serves a similar purpose even though the sniper is a turret at that point rather than a spec that kites.

That isn't to say that snipers don't need adjustment. Like Mercs their DCDs probably need some nerfing so that they aren't quite as strong as they are currently, but they shouldn't be able to be leapt to with complete impunity.

Also balance doesn't necessarily mean that every spec should be on completely equal footing with another. Some specs might be the scissors to another's paper, while another spec is the rock to that first spec's scissors. There is nothing wrong with that approach and is arguably even preferable, since in theory it requires more tactical play on the part of the players.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

OP doesn't know how "good" BioWare in reading these forums.

Also this is not game that grows..... therefore i see almost nothing will be done. So you ether accept this madness or pass and play another game.

I agree about the self heals but disagree about entrench and your earlier suggestion that melee leaps should not be countered.

Some ranged specs need counters because they're going to lose if they face tank. Counters that prevent leaps are necessary to make kiting viable. Entrench serves a similar purpose even though the sniper is a turret at that point rather than a spec that kites.

That isn't to say that snipers don't need adjustment. Like Mercs their DCDs probably need some nerfing so that they aren't quite as strong as they are currently, but they shouldn't be able to be leapt to with complete impunity.

Also balance doesn't necessarily mean that every spec should be on completely equal footing with another. Some specs might be the scissors to another's paper, while another spec is the rock to that first spec's scissors. There is nothing wrong with that approach and is arguably even preferable, since in theory it requires more tactical play on the part of the players.

I play merc and i simply do not run from any jug, i stay still and my dmg is overwhelming them and kill them. One exception tho for shanks. But even they can fall in 1v1 with a merc and full CD ready. Maybe they need counter from leap but jug/guardian also need counters from just beeing a dummy,

OP doesn't know how "good" BioWare in reading these forums.

Also this is not game that grows..... therefore i see almost nothing will be done. So you ether accept this madness or pass and play another game.

Do no worry, opers are a beloved class among DEVS. I also enjoy my moments with scoundrel dps:P

And yes. Will go back to ”another game” when new expansion hit, just resubed here for few months hoping i will give up to ”another game” for this one, but i cant. ”another game” is far better then SWTOR in any aspect.

Edited by Gingishan

The biggest issue in PVP is the TTK of several classes, I think jugg dps is about the right mix of survivability. I also think the reason for the OP survivability of certain classes is because of solo ranked. Bioware should never have made solo ranked a group and made it a spec for spec dueling contest (sorry healers L2dps). The minute you have solo ranked in the game it requires all classes to be completely self sufficient since it's nothing more the a lottery, this leads to OP mercs for example as they were trash in solos pre 5.0 but were more the viable in group ranked with the right support around them.

Say something about que sistem, totally broken and even stupid. Played for dark side and i got into a specific team, all of them 230. I que for light side in the next game and i get in the same team. Repeated this few times and i got for hours with same players, 80% was the same and the oposite team was with far better geared players and also the same, no matter what side i choosed. So? Where is the random, where is the side u choose to fight for, since i switched from light to dark and viceversa to test this stupidity. This game have many malfunctions because of incapability to manage a beautiful potential game. So? What the managers do with this employees? I wonder. I guess they wait till the game is dead, take some money and remain in our memories as bigest fail ever....I will say no more.

Edited by Gingishan

There is also a HUGE Gap between 230 ilvl and 248 ilvl players, because those with 230 wont spend credits to augment the gear, yet those with 248 will do everithyng they can to put legendary augments for their gear. So, basically the diferences became huge. Solution is to remove 230 ilvl gear, let only 246 and 248.

There is also a HUGE Gap between 230 ilvl and 248 ilvl players, because those with 230 wont spend credits to augment the gear, yet those with 248 will do everithyng they can to put legendary augments for their gear. So, basically the diferences became huge. Solution is to remove 230 ilvl gear, let only 246 and 248.

Augmenting gear below 242 is actually detrimental to your bolstered gear.

Don’t add Augments until you have at least all 242 or above.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Throughout years Bio-Ware showed up that they extremely bad at balancing classes/specs in PVP. Also extremely slow at implementing any kind of balancing (sorc running wild for ages, mercs... etc). Furthermore completely omitting admitting that few spec and classes seriously outperforming others. With that in mind, and also knowing that whatever we write here won't do jack @@@@.

Yes PVP balance now is probably better from let say when merc were running wild.. Still

Here are the issues i discovered.

Snipers(Engineering).

Stun + aoe without breaker basically brings you to 10%.

Sorc (healers)

Decent sorc can almost triple top dps in healing number.

Sorc (dps)

Need defensive against training melee.

Tanks(in dps gear)

Simply stupid. Tank shall not put out so much aoe dps with their survival.

Jugs (dps)

Dies as as fast as sorc

Mara

Remove at least one defensive and one immunity. Best melee dps class with best immunity and great defense .

Reg WZ should have similar prioritization of healers as in ranked. If 2 healers in que they should go on different teams. Its such "fun" to almost loose by default because other team got lucky and got 2-3 healers and our team has nothing.

Premages should be ques vs premades or for that sake with only teams that reflect similar rooster. Meaning if premade has 2 healer they only will be qued vs other team with 2 healers even if its not premade.

All WZ/ranked should be cross faction PERIOD.

Lastly gear. 242 Gear should be starting gear. Despite that some say you get bolstered to 242 and fighting 248 isn't much of the deal. It is a big deal. I finally got to 248 with all pieces augmented. And the difference is quite big. And 248 should drop somewhere mid command level 150 and not 300.............. This gear grind is so stupid. 3 Tiers of useless gear: 230 236 and 242.........

Snipers(Engineering).

You mean the AOE damage they do? Well, don't know. The spec always worked that way. It only started to get attention in 4.0 even though it always worked that way. A CD on plasma probe would be enough. Used to have CD of 9s.

Sorc (healers)

The absurd mobility is the issue, I believe. That or bring Trauma debuff back to 35% although tweaking the heal specs (operative the most) to the changes.

Sorc (dps)

That, or give them insane DPS potential. Agreed :D

Tanks(in dps gear)

I am wondering what kind of nerf Bioware will implement to deal with shank tanks :D

Jugs (dps)

Dies as as fast as sorc

Well, some DR should be enough although the class always suffered here.

Mara

Remove at least one defensive and one immunity. Best melee dps class with best immunity and great defense .

Well, only thing I'd change is the 75% resistance and it wouldn't be in this value of % but rather I'd add a "consequence" upon picking this utility.

Perhaps increased the CD of Obfuscate by 30s.

Naturally, Obfuscate has a CD of 1m.

Picking the earlier utility, which is in Heroic or Masterful(can't recall) reduces CD to 45s.

Upon picking the one on legendary tier would increase the CD by 30s, aside from giving the resistance, which would make 1m:15s of CD if both picked and if the earlier one wasn't picked, the CD would be 1m30s.

Not so much as a spammable thing anymore and would start to be used as a proper defense instead of something that prolongs your CC immunity for ages.

Also remove the stun-immunity from Fury and/or change the auto crit attacks into increased damage instead.

The class itself doesn't need exactly a nerf on DPS or anything. I mean Carnage is my favorite spec although it is a mere shell to what it used to be. :\

Edited by memerobot

Snipers(Engineering).

Maybe its me but since the nerf, even the fire probe isnt as annoying as it used to be. The issue is their survivability, which isnt easy to address as they arent exactly the face tanks mercs are, they work my being able to get out of taking damage and the cover mechanic.

Sorc (healers)

so? If a healer could be killed by one dps they wouldnt be much of a healer. Yes the stall teams of 3 sorc heals are annoying. Thats an issue with matchmaking, not healing. For what lack of mobility can do look at operatives. (Healers obviously).

Sorc (dps)

Need help in general, low damage + low survivability. Sorcs are the butt of swtor pvp jokes.

Tanks(in dps gear)

You got your wish, we don't know what they're doing but they're probably destroying pvp tanking. I have no faith in their ability to address the root cause of tank gear feeling pointless and anything else is a band aid.

Jugs (dps)

Dies as as fast as sorc

Properly focused yes, unlike sorc we do good damage. Id say what is desperately needed is some form of anti-focus. The issue is i also don't want the mara stealth out. Juggies are the in your face class more than any other by design. Thus, stealthing out and running away is something we leave to maras.

Mara

I think this would dump maras in the same boat as juggie, sin, and pt. I.e. sniper/mara bait.

so? If a healer could be killed by one dps they wouldnt be much of a healer. Yes the stall teams of 3 sorc heals are annoying. Thats an issue with matchmaking, not healing. For what lack of mobility can do look at operatives. (Healers obviously).

Fully agree with that.

Not infrequently on this forum complaints are posted that one DPS can't burst down a decent healer. Those complaints are pretty much a dead giveaway that the person posting the complaint only plays DPS and just wants to be able to damage through all healing. If that were implemented it would be the opposite of balance and would make DPS specs OP.

If healers could not handle focus from a single DPS they also would not be able to heal an ally through focus from a single DPS, which means healers would be effectively useless in warzones. Healing wouldn't be able to save anyone and would just delay the inevitable. It would break every healing spec in the game and force rerolls to DPS, outside of premades who could keep healing somewhat viable by pairing it with guard. In short it wouldn't just break healers but would give premades an even bigger advantage over pugs, since only premades would still have effective healing output.

Tl;dr: Needing two DPS to burst down a healer is PVP working as it is intended. One shouldn't be enough.