Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Multihits: most frustration problem with "The Underlurker"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Multihits: most frustration problem with "The Underlurker"

bdatt
09.20.2015 , 09:31 PM | #11
I'm not sure but I think you are referring to split attacks, which was actually put in by Bioware at request of or result of player feedback during 2.X.

Eg if a single 50k unmitigated attack is split into 10 simultaneous 5k unmitigated attacks, the probability of not defending/shielding all 10 and taking the full 50k unmitigated damage is much less likely than not shieldijg the single 50k attack. This was put in to reduce spike damage Shadows were suffering from in NiM SnV especially where certain attacks could one-shot if not shielded.

If that's not what you were talking about then ignore this comment.

Torvai
09.21.2015 , 12:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
I'm not sure but I think you are referring to split attacks, which was actually put in by Bioware at request of or result of player feedback during 2.X.

Eg if a single 50k unmitigated attack is split into 10 simultaneous 5k unmitigated attacks, the probability of not defending/shielding all 10 and taking the full 50k unmitigated damage is much less likely than not shieldijg the single 50k attack. This was put in to reduce spike damage Shadows were suffering from in NiM SnV especially where certain attacks could one-shot if not shielded.

If that's not what you were talking about then ignore this comment.
Pretty sure it IS what he's talking about but thinks it's not intended.

To the OP: You either weren't in tank stance or didn't have tank gear(especially a shield) equipped. As a Vang tank not shielding even 1 attack out of 10 and dodging only one simply isn't possible. Or maybe you forgot to repair your gear(happend to me once, charged Lurker, get hit by 30k ->insta death)

CrazyGreggy
09.21.2015 , 03:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Pretty sure it IS what he's talking about but thinks it's not intended.

To the OP: You either weren't in tank stance or didn't have tank gear(especially a shield) equipped. As a Vang tank not shielding even 1 attack out of 10 and dodging only one simply isn't possible. Or maybe you forgot to repair your gear(happend to me once, charged Lurker, get hit by 30k ->insta death)
Yep, but he's already had a pop at me for suggesting that. As it appears your first language is also German, maybe you can explain it to him

Torvai
09.21.2015 , 04:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Yep, but he's already had a pop at me for suggesting that. As it appears your first language is also German, maybe you can explain it to him
Yeah, if he asks nicely

Seriously, someone coming to this forum, only ranting about stuff they don't understand in barely readable english and then telling people who explain it to read his posts again... Can't say I have a sudden urge to explain it to him/her in a language he can understand

grinsh
09.21.2015 , 08:20 AM | #15
First, i didn't get what u where intending to say and also dont get what it ist to do with this problem, cuz sometime u get 1 hit for an attack, its reals seldom, and sometimes u get 10 hits for thesame attack. Most of the time its about 3 to 4 hit from it. But it apears to mit that on some evenings u cant du The Underlurker, cuz he hits much more often,then on outher days, one Thursdays we can't do him, even if we have our best group setup, on Thusedays we only have little problems even if we have to carry someone through.

And i postet an Tank log cuz it got much more hits from The Underlurker to show what i mean, but it happen also that he onehits some of our dds with his jump cuz of multihits. I didn't do the boss as dd or heal recendly so i have no log for that at the moment.

But if Multihits are intended as u say, why isn't the number of hits constant. It feels more like Orlok hm/nm in upcoming 3.0, wher his adds did one hit people where they didn't does damge bevor.

And maybe the posted log is an bad example cuz it could be only an unlucky try an a "good" day.

And that with the timestamp and id it is for attacks like hammershot and so one, do anyone know when or where the released noths about damagesplitting on abilities of "The Underlurker" or are u only guessing that it may work hier the same.
Nur weil man eine Meinung hat, heiß es noch nicht, dass man Ahnung hat.
Nur weil man was zu sagen hat, heißt es noch nicht, dass andere es hören wollen.

Vanjervalis Chain:
Lhart'pak, Marn'ktar (Tank) Tharlas, Gehrald (Heal) Lamadua (dd)

g_land
09.21.2015 , 09:58 AM | #16
The split attack was put in as a response to feedback about the city boss in Scum and Villainy, his "terminate" style attack on the tank was initially a one point of damage that was something like 45k damage, at the time this was a lot higher than any health pool and completely put the fight on a minimal amount rng rolls of the tanks' defense stats. In response to this they made it several attacks that occur at the same time but for a reduced damage of about 10k so that you have 4-5 chances of rng working in your favor and the tank surviving the attack but still taking a large amount of damage. They then continued doing this for all new content after the change as a way to make some insane spike damage points more navigable.

Working as intended

As to dps getting hit, I believe KBN explained it in another thread similar to this that when underlurker has a successful cross there is still a couple hits of random damage that go out supposively on random targets; however, at times these randomly targeted 5-10k hits can all target the same person because, reasons (bioware basically sucks at coding). Sometimes you will notice that at the end a successful cross everyone takes a small amount of damage, other times one person takes massive damage and the rest don't get a scratch.

grinsh
09.21.2015 , 11:33 AM | #17
sure but why i get normaly (on days when u are able to kill him, at least with much luke cuz he also he should one hit or hard drop anyone who cant reackt anymore) 3 or 4 hits of the same attack and sometiomes only one or more often much more hits as said up to 10, i haven't that log anymore or can't find it, but it is seen, on tanks as well as an others with diferent attacks which normely does much less hits.
Nur weil man eine Meinung hat, heiß es noch nicht, dass man Ahnung hat.
Nur weil man was zu sagen hat, heißt es noch nicht, dass andere es hören wollen.

Vanjervalis Chain:
Lhart'pak, Marn'ktar (Tank) Tharlas, Gehrald (Heal) Lamadua (dd)

Leahcim_Nala
10.12.2015 , 10:36 PM | #18
I've never been sure if the multihits are the result of a bug, a mechanic no one understands, or just weird bad programming of the fight as some people have suggested (big hits broken down into several smaller ones intended to be partially mitigated by sins / pts.)

I think HM UL is a fun fight...but the unpredictable one shots are super frustrating.