Not sure if anyone noticed...but

Cupcakesforsatan

Hey, I was futzing about in Odessen and came across something extremely odd, so if you took over the Galaxy and took the Eternal Throne for yourself at the end of Knights of the Eternal Throne. I went back to the Throne room phase out of randomness after Hearts and Minds and instead of finding the throne intact, I found that it's been destroyed! Sabotage?! The screen goes black briefly as if a cutscene is meant to be inserted there, but then nothing else happens. Anyone else notice this craziness? Edited by Cupcakesforsatan

I did Iokath and Nathema as well, but don't remember the throne getting destroyed.

Did you do proper [sOLO] Nathema with all the cut-scenes at the end of stuff being blown up? [sTORY] Nathema does not advance the story. (Look, put the blaster down. I didn't name these things. I'm just the messenger, OK?)

But in any event, during those cut-scenes, you see lots of stuff blowing up, including the throne. No matter what you picked elsewhere in the story, the throne gets blown up.

I did Iokath and Nathema as well, but don't remember the throne getting destroyed.

12:07 in this video (which is not mine):

The throne or war table (depending on your choice at the end of KOTET) gets destroyed because it is apparently linked to Zildrog. When Zildrog goes, so does your throne.

12:07 in this video (which is not mine):

The throne or war table (depending on your choice at the end of KOTET) gets destroyed because it is apparently linked to Zildrog. When Zildrog goes, so does your throne.

Thanks! I do remember now, just wasn't thinking much about it. Like, surely the throne itself would be easy to rebuild? Even as just a symbol.

Thanks! I do remember now, just wasn't thinking much about it. Like, surely the throne itself would be easy to rebuild? Even as just a symbol.

There wouldn't be any point in it, the Throne was meant to control the Eternal Fleet and that is now completely destroyed. Having it as a symbol might actually backfire as it would be a symbol of how much the Alliance had lost. I'm quite happy with how they changed the meeting room to somewhere else more "discreet", though I miss our first war room sometimes.

Edited by FlameYOL

There wouldn't be any point in it, the Throne was meant to control the Eternal Fleet and that is now completely destroyed. Having it as a symbol might actually backfire as it would be a symbol of how much the Alliance had lost. I'm quite happy with how they changed the meeting room to somewhere else more "discrete", though I miss our first war room sometimes.

I think that the throne/table is a symbol of what the Alliance had lost regardless of whether it is repaired. (There's also an argument about laying claim to the things you claimed before - see British history, where the Crown's claim to still be King / Queen of France didn't disappear until 1801 even though they hadn't held any territory in France since they lost control of Calais in 1558.)

EDIT: if you repair the throne/table, you are sustaining that claim, whereas if you don't repair it, you have effectively relinquished the claim... END-EDIT.

Oh, and I think you meant "discreet"... ;) ;) ;)

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I think that the throne/table is a symbol of what the Alliance had lost regardless of whether it is repaired. (There's also an argument about laying claim to the things you claimed before - see British history, where the Crown's claim to still be King / Queen of France didn't disappear until 1801 even though they hadn't held any territory in France since they lost control of Calais in 1558.)

EDIT: if you repair the throne/table, you are sustaining that claim, whereas if you don't repair it, you have effectively relinquished the claim... END-EDIT.

Oh, and I think you meant "discreet"... ;) ;) ;)

Hmm, I suppose so.

And yeah I did, English isn't my first language so sometimes I screw up. Duly noted though and fixed.