Firebrand & Stormcaller [Hard Mode] - Tactics Video

Hey everyone,

Sorry about the delay in getting this one out, it's been a long time since the last video due to work commitments and then some bizarre bugs with the YouTube video upload. Anyway here it is. Our video guide for Firebrand & Stormcaller on Hard Mode. (Vorgath and Kephess to come shortly hopefully).

The rest of our Denova series can be found below.

As always feel free to post comments and suggestions on the YouTube discussion area.

Denova Hard Mode

Zorn & Toth -

Firebrand & Stormcaller -

Denova Story Mode

Zorn & Toth -

Firebrand & Stormcaller -

Colonel Vorgath -

Warlord Kephess -

Regards,

Thermal

Elite Gaming

http://www.youtube.com/Thermal8691

e-g-c.guildlaunch.com

We are stuck on this fight and it is utterly impossible when the lightning balls go invisible. Does anyone know a good workaround?

This seems to happen after a fresh load. For example after youve just wiped and come back into the instance. Upon going into combat ground effects tend to take 5-10 seconds to load. Now the way my guild does this fight is completely different usually we have 1 merc (me) on the ground at all times acting as a lightning rod. Doing it this way also makes things a bit easier on healers since mercs can just cleanse themselves. If your going to be doing it as shown in the video just make sure everyone is aware that roughly 2-3 seconds after firebrand finishes his first induction a pylon is going to be dropped on someone standing on the ground. As of right now the only way to be able to see the initial pylon is to die near towards the door so that someone can revive you.

Edited by Fossman

I've seen a lot of boss fight videos, and yours are some of the best.

Really nice work chaps!

Thanks very much for the compliment. We put a lot of time in them so the positive comments are always appreciated :)

We are stuck on this fight and it is utterly impossible when the lightning balls go invisible. Does anyone know a good workaround?

We've only seen this issue a couple of times and it seemed to resolve itself. Unfortunately, I can't suggest any 100% reliable workaround. I would go with what Fossman said as they seem to have tried and tested it a little bit. I know it only affected certain people on our team (as if it was hardware related), so i'll ask tonight if any of the guys have any tips. We have noticed though that since the server merges and the increased numbers in Denova that the lag in fights is making the encounter a lot harder. We are sometimes seeing that damage is applied to raid members before the actual lightning graphic is generated, which has become a real pain in the ***. I'll try to get some more info for you!

This seems to happen after a fresh load. For example after youve just wiped and come back into the instance. Upon going into combat ground effects tend to take 5-10 seconds to load. Now the way my guild does this fight is completely different usually we have 1 merc (me) on the ground at all times acting as a lightning rod. Doing it this way also makes things a bit easier on healers since mercs can just cleanse themselves. If your going to be doing it as shown in the video just make sure everyone is aware that roughly 2-3 seconds after firebrand finishes his first induction a pylon is going to be dropped on someone standing on the ground. As of right now the only way to be able to see the initial pylon is to die near towards the door so that someone can revive you.

I think your pretty accurate with what's been said here. The only reliable way to do this fight is to know when certain affects apply and be proactive rather than reactive as unfortunately we can't trust the graphical mechanics in Denova at the moment.

Regards,

Thermal

Elite Gaming

http://www.youtube.com/Thermal8691

e-g-c.guildlaunch.com

The way we`re doing it, is we have healers running on the ground and our ussual setup is a sorc and an operative healer. For sorc it is very easy - just pop your shield on you and if you get "Absorbed" message - run away from that place. Shield would be able to absorb 1-2 hits from lightning. For operative (and really every1 else, inluding sorcs) - just move couple meters every 3-5 seconds. The lightning rods always take up the same space, so they are easily avoidable by correct movement and positioning.

The way we`re doing it, is we have healers running on the ground and our ussual setup is a sorc and an operative healer. For sorc it is very easy - just pop your shield on you and if you get "Absorbed" message - run away from that place. Shield would be able to absorb 1-2 hits from lightning. For operative (and really every1 else, inluding sorcs) - just move couple meters every 3-5 seconds. The lightning rods always take up the same space, so they are easily avoidable by correct movement and positioning.

Thanks for adding this tip, it's really helpful for people to know how to get around the plethora of bugs at the moment.