Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Highest iRating that's craftable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Highest iRating that's craftable?

AlCiao
10.26.2019 , 01:16 PM | #1
My understanding is that 306 is currently the highest iRating in the game, but that it can't be crafted.

What's the highest *craftable* iRating?
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

Estelindis
10.26.2019 , 01:33 PM | #2
What makes you think 306 can't be crafted?

My PTS crafting experience did not allow me to RE all the way up to 306, but only because the RE % chance was so small, the material requirement so large, and the number of steps so many, that I didn't have time to get all the way up there before PTS shut down - not even with infinite resources. I managed to get to 292, and that item indicated that further research is possible, so I would expect to be able to RE all the way up to 306. Whether anyone actually feels like going through this traumatic process with their own finite resources is another matter. It took me many tens of thousands of mats just to keep failing at getting past 292, so who knows how many it might take to reach 306?

Additionally, on PTS at least, crafted set bonus items came filled with mods of a similar range to the item rating of the crafter. (The set bonus items were crafted as a lockbox containing those items, and the item rating of the crafter at the moment of opening the lockbox dictated the rating of the items that came out of it.) Once I got my synthweaver's i-rating to 306, those set bonus items were often of 306 rating (though some were of 304). That being said, there was a serious bug with the crafted lockbox that I imagine Bioware have changed since PTS, so other things about it may have changed too.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Transcendent
10.26.2019 , 02:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Whether anyone actually feels like going through this traumatic process with their own finite resources is another matter.
Oh dear lord no.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Estelindis
10.26.2019 , 02:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Oh dear lord no.
My thoughts exactly!
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting

DawnAskham
10.26.2019 , 02:27 PM | #5
What makes you think 306 can't be crafted?

My PTS crafting experience did not allow me to RE all the way up to 306, but only because the RE % chance was so small, the material requirement so large, and the number of steps so many, that I didn't have time to get all the way up there before PTS shut down - not even with infinite resources. I managed to get to 292, and that item indicated that further research is possible, so I would expect to be able to RE all the way up to 306. Whether anyone actually feels like going through this traumatic process with their own finite resources is another matter. It took me many tens of thousands of mats just to keep failing at getting past 292, so who knows how many it might take to reach 306?

Additionally, on PTS at least, crafted set bonus items came filled with mods of a similar range to the item rating of the crafter. (The set bonus items were crafted as a lockbox containing those items, and the item rating of the crafter at the moment of opening the lockbox dictated the rating of the items that came out of it.) Once I got my synthweaver's i-rating to 306, those set bonus items were often of 306 rating (though some were of 304). That being said, there was a serious bug with the crafted lockbox that I imagine Bioware have changed since PTS, so other things about it may have changed too.
Where do schematics for set bonus items come from and what kind of materials do they require (I'm assuming if green crap gear takes hundred, it must take a crazy amount of non-available mats)?

Is this the thing the vendor is selling this weekend (something like 'armormech set bonus schematics' is showing as available - but no information on what the hell is inside or what it would take to craft).

Estelindis
10.26.2019 , 02:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Is this the thing the vendor is selling this weekend (something like 'armormech set bonus schematics' is showing as available - but no information on what the hell is inside or what it would take to craft).
Correct! At least the craftable tactical tells you exactly what it does. The set bonus lockboxes are really asking people to take a leap of faith...
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting

DawnAskham
10.26.2019 , 02:38 PM | #7
Correct! At least the craftable tactical tells you exactly what it does. The set bonus lockboxes are really asking people to take a leap of faith...
Any idea what set bonuses they create or is that random of any / random from a generic pool?

Or said another way - is it worth it to buy these things or is this just another RNG crap shoot designed to suck up credits and materials?

Also seems strange the rating of the crafted items would be that of the crafter - unless I'm missing something like the items crafted being bound maybe?

Estelindis
10.26.2019 , 03:16 PM | #8
Any idea what set bonuses they create or is that random of any / random from a generic pool?

Or said another way - is it worth it to buy these things or is this just another RNG crap shoot designed to suck up credits and materials?
Apologies for not being able to tell you more, but I only took note of the synthweaving set I learned. It was Synthweaving Exclusive Set 1 (Legs). It granted Boots of the Controller and Lower Robe of the Controller.

My impression is that the crafted lockbox items are not random but specific crafting-exclusive items. The patch notes make reference to specific sets that can only be acquired this way, e.g.
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPtach
The Controller
  • (2) +2% Endurance
  • (4) Killing the enemy affected by Force Lift before its cooldown ends resets the cooldown of Force Lift.
    Source: Crafted by Synthweaving. Not available on the Tech Fragment vendor.
However... until we know which set is referred to by 1 or 2, we won't know if, for instance, the armormech exclusive set offered at the moment is "Escape Artist" or "Woad's Instinct." I aim to pick up the armormech as soon as I can. When I do, I'll let you know. I guess we at least know, on the synthweaving front, set 1 is "The Controller" and set 2 is "Force Bound."

Also seems strange the rating of the crafted items would be that of the crafter - unless I'm missing something like the items crafted being bound maybe?
I thought it was weird as anything that the rating of the crafted items was that of the crafter, but there you go. The lockbox was bound, but not the items that came from the box - they were bind to legacy on equip, so you could sell them to someone else and they could be shared around that person's legacy. And yes, that means a crafter could get themselves to 306 via grinding FPs and let someone skip that step by buying their crafted goods. (And, amusingly, if it still works that way, that makes it far easier to craft 306s via grinding flashpoints than via grinding crafting, which is absolutely absurd. But I guess it's just one more absurdity in the overall picture of 6.0's crafting.)

But I absolutely must emphasize that this is only how it was on PTS and it might be different live. There is one specific thing about the lockbox that I am sure must have changed. It's truly possible that the rest has changed too. We'll just have to wait and see until one of us actually crafts one, I guess!
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting