Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Contraband Slot Machine

Nightblazer
10.22.2019 , 02:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
I have just checked, and I still have the option to donate the Contraband Slot Machine to my guild for 50k credits.

What's interesting is that the Contraband Slot Machine is now available via direct purchase on the Cartel Market... for 1,500 Cartel Coins.

Really EA? Really? 1,500 for a single decoration that's been nerfed into oblivion on payout? That's a bit much, don't you think?
Well I mean you can purchase the HK-55 Bonus chapter from the CM for 3800 CC.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

InfamousDolphin
10.25.2019 , 03:11 PM | #12
It doesn't really matter, because the Contraband Cartel coins are now 5000 credits (rather than 750 credits), which means you'll pay 5 million credits to get 1000 coins, which got me:

518 banned holovids (vendor value 259k)
386 prohibited medical supplies (vendor value 386k)
155 confiscated artwork (vendor value 387k)
3 green jawa scrap
5 blue jawa scrap
2 purple jawa scrap
0 contraband cartel certificates

Darev
10.25.2019 , 04:15 PM | #13
So..to sum up...

and this has always been true of any decoration I suppose...

I join any random guild and can donate a copy of the one I already have for 50k

Sounds like a business model for people with rare decorations.

"Pay me 100k and I'll join your guild so I can donate a copy to you."
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

DarkEcIipse
10.26.2019 , 08:15 AM | #14
If they really wanted to make a proper credit sink they could have implemented the guild donate for personal players to use in their own stronghold. Call it "Personal Stronghold Copies" Allow the players to buy additional clone/copies at high credit price depending on the decors rarity.

Ofc they will never do this because that would take away from their on-going monopoly in the cartel store (why would you put in a good feature for players when you can milk their wallets for overpriced decors in our store thousand times over!)

The vendor and slot machine token prices are atrocious and EAWare should be ashamed of themselves. We don't care for your 'surprise mechanic' gear either. Nobody wants to dice roll for their *********** gear!

HuaRya
10.26.2019 , 08:26 AM | #15
As a proponent for getting Pazaak into this game as a side activity while waiting for a queue to pop I have notice that Bioware feels they are on shaky ground with anything that portends to virtual gambling. Probably the Electronic Arts legal department decreed at one time to steer clear of anything implicating them.

Or then again.

Maybe it's just part of the design. Besides the slot machines were nerfed into the ground ages ago.
“I grok in fullness.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Lhancelot
10.26.2019 , 09:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Besides the slot machines were nerfed into the ground ages ago.
They really ruined the deco years back with a nerf that made them utterly useless. The slots were fun and a neat way to get jawa junk, obviously anytime something is enjoyable it needs to be nerfed.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’d still like to know how you find someone’s legacy name if they don’t display it?
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Uh you don't know it because it is a secret knowledge of ranked players who use it to see the real appearance of other players through the force.

DreadtechSavant
10.26.2019 , 09:48 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
I have just checked, and I still have the option to donate the Contraband Slot Machine to my guild for 50k credits.

What's interesting is that the Contraband Slot Machine is now available via direct purchase on the Cartel Market... for 1,500 Cartel Coins.
Ok, now makes sense, Had not thought to look if it was now available as a direct sale.

I also agree for an item which is only a shadow of it was in the first few weeks as a decoration, 1.500cc does seem a lot.

Quote: Originally Posted by InfamousDolphin View Post
It doesn't really matter, because the Contraband Cartel coins are now 5000 credits (rather than 750 credits), which means you'll pay 5 million credits to get 1000 coins, which got me:

518 banned holovids (vendor value 259k)
386 prohibited medical supplies (vendor value 386k)
155 confiscated artwork (vendor value 387k)
3 green jawa scrap
5 blue jawa scrap
2 purple jawa scrap
0 contraband cartel certificates
Which also adds to the fact its not worth what is been asked for it. I have it but only ever used it a few times to get rep points on at the time a f2p account to buy the holotrainers. I already has the certs from cartel packs. not used it for years.

Anyway I think with the replies we have had in this thread, my question has been answered, thanks everyone who posted.