Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Derity

After reading through all the posts here, I've decided to update the list so something that seems more alongside with everyones input:

== BEST: AKA: Most Feared Class ==

Operative / Soundrel

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Powertech / Vanguard

Juggernaut / Guardian

Assassin / Shadow

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

== WORST: AKA: Least Feared Class ==

...Your opinion?

Edited by Derity

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juggernauts/Guardians imo are possibly the best class when it comes to capturing objectives in Huttball and Voidstar. They have a lot of control when it comes to making people live and CC'ing the **** out of other people, while if they are in the immortal tree they can be undying bastards for about 30 seconds (Plenty long enough to blow all your CC on 4+ enemies on the other team, while your team caps something) (CC's: 2 sec knockdown/back, 4 second stun. 3 second stun, 50% 9 second aoe slow, 6 second AoE mezz, 2 second snare... make some grenades and you can have another 4 sec AoE mezz). Edited by Auhfel

Honestly, it all depends on what warzone your doing or if it's open pvp. Put together a team of sorcs, juggernauts, and powertechs and you've got a great huttball team but due to their lack of mobility agents/smugglers aren't as useful for the objectives. For Void Star Juggs aren't that useful other than for soaking up the damage for a healer but on the other hand agents and smugglers really shine. Finally, in world pvp Snipers/Gunslingers can really shine due to being able to finally take advantage of their range.

Above all else what matters is how skilled the player behind the class is. I've seen some sorcs that are completely useless in Huttball and some snipers that were absolute beasts in it.

Juggernauts/Guardians imo are possibly the best class when it comes to capturing objectives in Huttball and Voidstar. They have a lot of control when it comes to making people live and CC'ing the **** out of other people, while if they are in the immortal tree they can be undying bastards for about 30 seconds (Plenty long enough to blow all your CC on 4+ enemies on the other team, while your team caps something) (CC's: 2 sec knockdown/back, 4 second stun. 3 second stun, 50% 9 second aoe slow, 6 second AoE mezz, 2 second snare... make some grenades and you can have another 4 sec AoE mezz).
sssh, don't say that, I enjoy people underestimating us. Edited by Khabarach

Juggernauts/Guardians imo are possibly the best class when it comes to capturing objectives in Huttball and Voidstar. They have a lot of control when it comes to making people live and CC'ing the **** out of other people, while if they are in the immortal tree they can be undying bastards for about 30 seconds (Plenty long enough to blow all your CC on 4+ enemies on the other team, while your team caps something) (CC's: 2 sec knockdown/back, 4 second stun. 3 second stun, 50% 9 second aoe slow, 6 second AoE mezz, 2 second snare... make some grenades and you can have another 4 sec AoE mezz).
Well seeing most of my cc being absorbed by the iquis/sage shield. force kick works about once ever 10 tries, and when it hits the people tend to fly thru you rather than away from you... :p

Sage/Seer

Basically you cannot beat any class in the game as a healer if given the chance to 1 vs 1 with equal or worse or better gear. Resolve just does nothing for you due to it being the most useless system ever designed to combat CC.

Damage far out exceeds healing due to having -30% reduction debuff on you at all times in combat, defence bubble works for about 2 seconds or less against the huge burst most classes all have why bother.

Healing gives you about 2 medals that's it for 200k+ healing and over! Rewards do not give you incentive to play more or less any kind of healer in the game at all.

BW you hate healers, if it wasn't for the fact that some minor team based requirement you needed one you may as well delete the whole healing ability from the game in terms of PVP.

My whine for the day. My opinion and I rate it as bottom of all the fun classes. It's a good thing I enjoy being the helpful healer to the best of my ability while being mostly locked out of my keyboard as a Battlemaster. Otherwise I would of rolled some OP fun class 10k+ dps along time ago.

Hmm, I'd put sorc at best, then all other classes in random order with operatives/scoundrels being somewhere high(they still are more dangerous for me then mercs/commandos as the latter are easy to counter if you use brain).

Last and worst? Definitely snipers and gunslingers.

As over 600 expertise gunslinger(experience with all 3 specs) I have full confidence of going against ONLY one class.

Can you guess which one? Yes, you're right-its sniper....

They all seem pretty great but with the exception of 2 or 3 shadows/assassins that are well played the double ended lightsaber guys come across as weak.

Assassins seem to be caught in no-mans land right now for PvP. They lack the overall burst of other classes yet outside of a heavy survivability spec using Dark Charge they also lack survivability. Generally they work best with a pocket healer which for random groups does limit their usefulness.

All in all though they can still be quite effective, I love mine, they just aren't as straight forward to play as a lot of other classes are in PvP and as such have a greater diversity of skill levels. Lack of easy AoE dmg does also limit their overal dmg totals and I feel like I could use some more defensive cooldowns at my disposal, but overall they may not be the best class out there and I fully agree they aren't feared due to a lot of players who don't play them properly, but in a good group with teamwork they can still be very effective.

As a Shadow, I find snipers are the easiest to kill. They hang back and always face front, making them totally vulnerable to my stealthy back-stabbing ways. Mwahaha.

Noob ones do :p pro ones are always aware :p but it changes nothing against sin with a clue anyway so... :(

I'd argue that sin/shadow are by fat the best Huttballers. Stealth with the durability you have, two CC breakers, 5 seconds invuln, defensive cooldowns... I duo queue with an inf shadow and we win literally 95%+ of our huttball games.

I (23/0/18 tank shadow) get to ball first at the start of the game (nobody except another consular/inq can beat me there, and if they do, instant force lift/stun to grab first). Pop defensive cooldowns start moving straight towards goal.

Inf buddy meanwhile has gone top mid, and can get there in exactly two force speeds stealthed right as I come to bottom of ramp within range for a throw. His resiliance is up, so no grab down once I throw up to him, first score just about every single time. I've yet to come across a team that can drop me in the ~10 seconds it takes to get to the bottom of the mid ramp, even more true if I'm guarded or have some heals backing me up.

Other team then is generally pushed back slightly off mid because they followed me trying to drop the ball, so my team is in place to get the 2nd spawn of the ball. Inf buddy has force cloaked on their goalline. We grab ball, drop down into their pit and throw up for another score. 80% of games go like this to 2-0 after almost no time.

I'm biased for things beyond Huttball because I play a shadow, but I still they're absolute beast mode in other situations, due to the OP nature of stealth/durability. I think the problem is that shadows/sins have a much higher skill cap than some classes. So the bad ones are awful but the good ones can be just ridic.

The worst class I'd say is Sent/marauder. However, I've also heard that they have very complicated play style so that may again be more of the issue that there are far more bad players than good that play...

It really depends on the players skill and players gear. As a Sorcerer, I've had some very tough fights from all classes. The consistently weakest classes I've fought are the Powertech and Sniper (and the republic equivalents) but again that may be because I haven't fought any GOOD Powertechs or Snipers. The class that most consistently beats me are the operatives/scoundrels, but we will see about that after the nerf. Edited by Blazzen

Honestly, it all depends on what warzone your doing or if it's open pvp. Put together a team of sorcs, juggernauts, and powertechs and you've got a great huttball team but due to their lack of mobility agents/smugglers aren't as useful for the objectives. For Void Star Juggs aren't that useful other than for soaking up the damage for a healer but on the other hand agents and smugglers really shine. Finally, in world pvp Snipers/Gunslingers can really shine due to being able to finally take advantage of their range.

Above all else what matters is how skilled the player behind the class is. I've seen some sorcs that are completely useless in Huttball and some snipers that were absolute beasts in it.

I agree. In huttball, my IA/assassin toons are healer killers. In contrast my Jugg tank is ball carrier. In the capture three turrets, the jugg can hold a point, but he is pretty much useless when alone. My other toons can exit combat and enter combat again when the enemy tries to cap the turret.

Sorc (Corruption) perspective...

Operative / Scoundrel

Juggernaut / Guardian

Marauder / Sentinel

Assassin / Shadow

Mercenary / Commando

Sorcerer / Sage

Powertech / Vanguard

Sniper / Gunslinger

Melee are a much larger problem for me as a healer... I will say that some of these classes are almost harmless (but still can't be ignored) in the hands of a terrible player, while at same time being absolutely deadly in the hands of a great player, e.g. Marauder and Sin.

The OP's Question is a little too vague. By pvp I'm assuming he means warfronts, and for each warfront I value the callings differently. For example:

In Huttball (favors classes with CC, anti-cc, high mobility and high survivability)

---------------------------------

Guardians

Vanguards

Sages

Shadows

Commandos

Gunslingers

Sentinels

Scoundrels

In Alderan (favors classes that have mobility are strong 1v1, 1v2 and small scale combat)

--------------------------------

Scoundrels

Shadows

Sentinels

Commandos

Vanguards

Guardians

Sages

Gunslingers

In voidstar (favors ranged AOE, survivability and group mitigation buffs)

--------------------------------

Gunslingers

Commandos

Vanguards

Sages

Sentinels

Scoundels

Shadows

Guardians

Pro-tip: The moment so stop thinking about individual class balance and think of your groups composition, you've taken your first step from being a 'mediocre' pvper to a 'good' pvper

Edited by Orangerascal

I find it hilarious that you think Guardians/Juggernauts are the worse PvP class. But I'm not going to ruin our fun and explain how dominant the class can be and how I am consistently doing over 400k damage in every Warzone that isn't a complete stomp and ends too soon.

What's that? Did I hear something? It sounded like the distinct sound of a Tracer Missle/Grav Round being casted. Let's focus our attention back on them.

I love how peopel generally put Gunslinger/Sniper at the bottom, since he doesnt have a shiny purple lightning animation and people usually dont realize its him that killed them while they were fighting someone else, attributing it to "insane crits" or whatever class they were fighting.

Snipers? Weak? Right...