GSF in 6.0

Stradlin

Does anyone know how rewarding GSF is going to be in 6.0? I speak in very literal sense. We getting stuff like RNG boxes, points to buy RNG boxes with, some CxP equivalent? How is conquest looking in GSF? All of that. Has anyone tested it yet? Edited by Stradlin

Does anyone know how rewarding GSF is going to be in 6.0? I speak in very literal sense. We getting stuff like RNG boxes, points to buy RNG boxes with, some CxP equivalent? How is conquest looking in GSF? All of that. Has anyone tested it yet?

I did see that the GSF [DAILY] awards 135 tech fragments, which is essentially analogous to unassembled components. Based on the version of PTS that closed on Friday the 20th, that ends up being about a third of the number of fragments you would need to buy an RNG box for an offhand. I do not know if an individual match awards tech fragments also, and I don't recall how many fragments you get from the GSF [WEEKLY]. I also don't recall how many renown points you get, and renown is what galactic command is converting to. You need tens of thousands of renown per crate, unlike Galactic Command, so I don't think one GSF match or even the [DAILY] will be enough for a single crate. Completing a ground pvp match also awards personal loot, just like killing a boss in a flashpoint or operation does, but I don't know if completing a GSF match will award personal loot. No one really queues for GSF on PTS, unless there are actual GSF changes and the pilot community is on there testing.

So, the short answer is that GSF appears to be a supplemental path to ground gearing, not quite as effective as it is now. This change is a double-edged sword of course, as it will decrease the frequency of pops, but the players like me that do queue will be ones that actually enjoy GSF.

There's still a lot of unknown about the actual GSF match rewards itself which I doubt will become clear until 6.0 actually launches. Nothing had changed in the hangar window interface or on my ships, but I didn't intensely study every component's tooltip either. Next time PTS is up, I'll check for exact tech fragments and renown point values for at least the [DAILY] and [WEEKLY], and maybe see if I notice any obvious differences in components. I don't expect any, because Bret Hoffman most likely would have solicited input from the piloting community.

Thanks for the reply! Its good to know GSF is going to have some sort of a half viable role in gearing at least..

I hope it will be about as close to the front and center as warzones in this regard. I personally worry about pops happening first, quality of games second.

Edited by Stradlin