` tilde key not working any more

Spitsworth

Hello everyone,

Didn't know where else to post this, hope here is OK.

I did a recovery reset of my laptop today. Got around to reinstalling SW and I was dumb enough to lose all my interface options. Anyway, once I'd got my interface back to normal, I checked my key bindings. I use the ` and alt+` binds to activate class cooldowns. For some reason now they don't work, as in even while the ` and alt+` keys are still bound in my key binding settings from previous installation, when I press the ` key now nothing happens, as in the game just doesn't register it at all. It's as if the ` key has been entirely unbound from the game. I checked if it still works in other programs and it does, so something has happened to my SWTOR game.

Anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?

TLDR: game has stopped recognising the ` key, plz help UwU

A couple of possibilities:

Make sure that nothing else is bound to the key in Preferences.

Make sure it's not on "caps lock".

Make sure there's no Windows Accessibility settings which use those keys.

You say you did a 'recovery reset' of your laptop. That may have reinstalled some background task or app, which monitors those keys. Check any apps installed by the Recovery to see if they monitor any keystrokes.

True story:

I recently worked on a friend's laptop that the Geek Squad had managed to screw up so badly, we couldn't get the "Recovery" to work.

The good news is, I simply did a fresh install of regular Windows Home on it, and my friend is very happy because his laptop never worked so well before. 🙂

(Most laptops that have a Recovery option have the Windows "key" baked into the ROMs. There are also some small apps that can display the "key" of a current installation.)

Edited by JediQuaker